It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaolin Monk Throwing Sewing Needle Through a Piece of Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I didn't know where else to put this, so I am placing here in the people folder. This is pretty cool!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Must have took a lot of practice. :p

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Absolutely awesome.

I've been a martial artist all my life, including Chu'an Fa(Shaolin kempo) but I still can't do stuff like that...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
swwweeeet! wish i could do stuff like that!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

That's crazy, was that a standard sewing needle? Those are so light i don't understand how he did that, amazing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that was wicked!! i bet that guy could throw a cotton ball and knock you out

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
that needle looks more like a nail

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

thats so cool,I love this kind of stuff,great find martial art are making a come back I think,with stuff like the UFC,MMA, ect... can you say...everybody was KUNG FU fighting

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wow that was awesome thanks for posting it

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
that needle looks more like a nail

Here is another one, if you pause it just after the needle goes through the glass, you can see the eye of the needle.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It looks like crystline cellulose rather than glass. If you look closely at the video that includes a balloon as well, you can see a second film layer of some type is present. It could be an extremely thin film coating of some type on Saran Wrap that is pulled tight and coated through an evaporative process making a very fragile "glass-like" surface. The plastic wrap would account for the lack of shattering.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reminds me of this video I saw

Forgive me still don't know how to embed, so if someone could embed the video I am providing as a link would be great
(if your really nice youll send me a u2u telling me how to do it properly)
Shaolin Monks

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot

It looks like crystline cellulose rather than glass. If you look closely at the video that includes a balloon as well, you can see a second film layer of some type is present. It could be an extremely thin film coating of some type on Saran Wrap that is pulled tight and coated through an evaporative process making a very fragile "glass-like" surface. The plastic wrap would account for the lack of shattering.

Here is another one with a side view so you can see the thickness of the glass. The glass shatters on this attempt though.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can do that, except with my urine stream and a piece of three-inch thick tungsten steel.

I win lots of bar bets that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I can do that, except with my urine stream and a piece of three-inch thick tungsten steel.

I win lots of bar bets that way.

Hahaha, it's the Shaolin punk!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Have had it demonstrated by a shaolin monk that studied under for a time.. Quite impressive as yes its an actual sewing needle he used and a regular window glass. Took him many years of study to be able to do. Best that can manage at present is using nails working on the skill yet...
edit on 10-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins... And half awake from celebrating new years yet.. Happy 2011 year of the rabbit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow thats awsom... just imagin if that was not glass but a human

new topics

top topics

join