It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN newsanchors on Egypt riot, trying to create a different news

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Time for a short lived game.

Where in the World is Hosni Mubarak? lol
off to London is my bet.

Is it just me or does CNN seem to be going back and forth as to whether the military has joined the protesters?

edit: they just said the military brought out some big fancy tanks in Alexandria whose protests aren't as big as Cairo, it seems that they are just trying to protect the historical artifacts.
edit on 28-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

You have to seperate the oppressive security forces and their vehicles from the military's APC and tanks!

The "tank" one (a riot police bus) they were talking about was from the Riot Police and not from the military!

The military seems to be quite passive so far - some of them refusing orders perhaps?

edit on 28-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

From the video i've been watching on Al Jazeera the people were really happy to see the military. The soldiers in the tanks were waving flags as they drove by as everyone cheered. Crazy situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I noticed this morning while watching the CNN as well. It could be legitimate technical difficulties but who knows for sure. As situations like this heat up around the world it will be interesting to watch and document to see if this is indeed a pattern of spinning the story. I believe it may be a little to early to come to a definate conclusion on your theory but it is well worth investigating further. It wouldn't take long to verify if it is indeed the "Big Boys" in the control room are playing a game with us. Great job picking up on this S&F and I know I'll be watching. Let's get this thread up there so more eyes and ears can stay on this possible situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There have been reports of the military clashing with police forces in Cairo but nothing's been confirmed yet as far as I can find.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Yeah, I think I caught a bit but switching focus from tv to computer is proving difficult, I miss things

Well, if the military is supporting the protesters then it is quite an interesting turn and almost solidifies Mubarak's future.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A norwegian journalist and editor of a larger newspaper VG wrote that he and several other journalist have been voting in the elections that has been the last 30 years where the voting paper shows a potrait of the leader and a black square for no and white box for yes. Must be very agitating to see this everythime you "vote" that there is no ither choice.

With this anger there is not gonn be a stop until the cange comes. Is a civil war the option then? The majority has screamed for the release of Nobel Peace Prize winner Mohammed ElBaradei wich today was put into house arrest after joinging the demostrators

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The civilians have no anger against the military since its the leader they want aways. Its still the people's force, but the military is supposed to do whatever the leader says, so i fear they are awaiting orders.

But if they join the people i would get a out of body experience. It would just be so right and not a french revolution situation where it looked like it was the peoples power that made the revolution but only to find it was the bankers.

But this really looks to be the people, yalla egypt!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
reply to post by Chevalerous

The civilians have no anger against the military since its the leader they want aways. Its still the people's force, but the military is supposed to do whatever the leader says, so i fear they are awaiting orders.

But if they join the people i would get a out of body experience. It would just be so right and not a french revolution situation where it looked like it was the peoples power that made the revolution but only to find it was the bankers.

But this really looks to be the people, yalla egypt!

Yeah, there are now reports of the military siding with the people and protesters on the streets!

Interesting development indeed! - let us hope for the best!

edit on 28-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Riot Police I presumme this comming from the journalists mouth not mines. The riot police are part of the Egyptian Suecrity forces are they not?

Unless it was someone in the shadows who beat him up.

I do wonder how Israel is viewing all of these protests which is happening right now. Any reports of their own forces being put on high alert or anything>?
edit on 28-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The number of tanks are rizing and it looks more like a russian parade than only the army embracing the demostrators at this moment. I have a very bad feeling because with the internet down in Egypt we can only rely on outside newschannels such as cnn al jazzera and etc wich all have different views at their own. This can be used in both ways at this moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the link,

This is crazy is it me or are the army helping the people?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

I don't know whats going on, in one picture they are welcoming the army, the next second the army is firing tear gas into the crowd. Guess only time will tell to see which side the army will take.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Thanks,,,I wasn't sure if they had an official name for some government agency or another.

Last I heard Israel is a bit worried about Sinai and Gaza. No troops reported there...per the agreements. A lot of Israeli bloggers are referring to this as the "Egypt Intifada." Good thing to keep an eye on for sure.

It would be interesting to see if the Palestine Papers or more WikiLeaks mentions Egypt.

Different cities I think...

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Another china indcident about to occur?

Anyone remember what happenned the massacarre that took place when students took to the streets in protest?

We do not want to see another occurance of this happening.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hillary on the Egyptian state of emergency renewal for two more yearsIntroduction to what state of emergency means
Is it not important to consider what the state can do since Egypt is in a State of Emerency. This might give them laws that can be used to eliminate the problem tourght the next hours. We all know that this news can dissapears within weeks if that is what is wanted. Darfur

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
Hillary on the Egyptian state of emergency renewal for two more yearsIntroduction to what state of emergency means
Is it not important to consider what the state can do since Egypt is in a State of Emerency. This might give them laws that can be used to eliminate the problem tourght the next hours. We all know that this news can dissapears within weeks if that is what is wanted. Darfur

It is important, however, Egypt has been in "a state of emergency" for the past 30 yrs. At this point, I don't think the people care, nor do I believe that the Egyptian people think he'll be around for 2 days let alone 2 years so it's kind of a muted ruling.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
IObama will most likely go into hiding for awhile as to not have egg on his face.

Surely the man deserves a holiday, for goodness sake he's already worked for more than a few days this year!!

I guess when you know what he knows and what he knows he doesn't know, coupled with the stuff he knows is unknown it must weigh heavy on his heart.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think this might have a huge influence on the global thinking of the stribes in the islamic countries wich really has not been given much attention until the Tunisia incident. I think Gaza might uprise since they are starting to get agitated on their own, Hamas. Anonomys is also to be remembered in all of this because of their digitial social power is great and i think they have only shown their powers so far.

indeed strange days, though Charlie Sheen would get the news of the day but oh no..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

They (the news media) are all going back and forth...about both the military and the police. The best I can tell, it's varying by city.

What sucks is that they're now reporting looting

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join