It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of armed man leads to lockdown at Wal-Mart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Report of armed man leads to lockdown at Wal-Mart.

www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com

A report of an armed man acting erratically in the Wal-Mart parking lot Wednesday led to the store being temporarily locked down before Kirksville Police responded to and diffused the situation with no injuries.

According to Kirksville Police Chief Jim Hughes, a passerby stopped a Kirksville Police officer and said they had seen an individual acting erratically in a truck in the Wal-Mart parking lot shortly before 2:30 p.m. The passerby believed the individual had a gun to his head.

No weapon was found and the individual was taken into custody without incident less than 20 minutes after
The individual was talking on a cell phone at the time of the incident. It's likely that is the object the passerby identified as a gun
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I honestly don't know where to begin. This is it folks.

Who does this guy think he is??? Why would he be "Talking" on his cell phone in a Wal-Mart parking lot anyway? Probably trying to communicate with Alqueda. I for one am glad the Police did their job and kept us safe from the cell phone wielding domestic extremist. And let me give a heart felt "THANK YOU" to the brave patriot who,in the face of immenent danger, risked their life to stand up against terrorism and protect the homeland.
You sir/maam are a Patriot and a hero to us all.

Ohh, and let's not forget the brave men and women in uniform who risked their lives to bring this nut job into custody.
Without you we don't stand a chance against homegrown terrorists seeking to bring us down from the inside.
I am going to leave work early and go straight home to hug my wife and kids. Life is too short.
What has this taught us and the Government????
IT WORKS!!! The "If you see something, Say something" campaign WORKS!!!!!
Keep up the good work America!!!!

www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

did he try to pay with cash? Isn't this funny that not too long ago I saw an article about the police towers they are setting up in the parking lots of Wal-Marts. Complete with surveillance gear.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its amazing how bad people are, the person was doing nothing out of the ordinary, amazing.

My life already has shown how daft people are, and i see things like this that reinforce it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And just think: this is only the beginning. Thank you, homeland security, for ensuring that I will never go to Wal-Mart again unless it is an absolute necessity.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Stupid people...... hey you are at wal-mart they have a optical department....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why was he taken into custody?????????? He should be able to sue the busybody who intruded on his life like that. If "taken into custody" means arrested, he should sue the damn cops too. What a load of crap.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This happened 27 miles north of me. The odd thing is, this is an extremely rural part of Missouri. I would bet 1/4 of the trucks on the lot have rifles in the back window. This just seems so out of place here.

Winter

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This is a double post, please see this link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Big Sister" strikes again.

How flipping insane has this country gotten? OMG!!!111!!1!!! Terr'ests! They're everywhere!

Seriously though, this blatant fear mongering by Janet Napolitano and DHS (aka: The Gestapo) is getting too far out of hand. Obviously, this is only one incident, but how many more incidents like this are going to happen? How soon will it take for children to turn in their parents for "acting suspiciously" or for "not being 'Patriotic'?" This is absolute lunacy at its finest.

That's all I have to say about this. It gets me too fired up.

Janet Napolitano
DHS

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7865c5fffe09.jpg[/atsimg]

In all fairness, maybe this was the phone he was using.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I subscribe to my late grandpa's theory: A third of us are good people, a third are bad people, and the other third is bat-sh*t crazy.

Shaking my head. What state was this in? Probably Florida..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

LOL, sorry but it was Missouri.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
I subscribe to my late grandpa's theory: A third of us are good people, a third are bad people, and the other third is bat-sh*t crazy.

I feel somewhat similar to you on that, but think only 10% of people are good people.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

LOL, sorry but it was Missouri.

Ok, thanks. It just seemed likely to be down here.

new topics

top topics

join