It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Cool story bro, thanks for your kind comments on my username. I'm just as awake and aware as you, I am a human.

Farewell.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the biggest issue is the welfare benefits system, that is already at breaking point. The child benefit bill alone for all of these extra children is staggering. Another worrying trend is that 38% of muslims in the UK do not work and claim benefits. And astonishingly muslim men can claim benefits for more than one wife...

The UK cannot afford to continue paying for this upward trend in benefit payouts, it's just not sustainable!

Unemployed muslim women

harem benefits

unemployment and integration

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I think you have the numbers wrong somehow.

Although high unemployment amongst muslim men is at around 13%.

www.statistics.gov.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I highly suggest that you do read it, IMO a person cannot have a fully balanced opinion on something unless they have all the facts. ATS, like any public medium is prone to exageration, personal opinion and bias.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Why do you defend Islam So much?

I'm not defending Islam, I am basically saying that you need all the facts in order to make a fully informed deicision, otherwise you just sound like an uniformed biggot, which is how you are coming across.

I dislike Islam, I dislike all Abrahamic religions infact... but I have a reason for my dislike, a fully balance an informed opinion. Do you have a justifiable reason? No? Just uninformed drivel.

well do you truely know what it's about? There is freedom in Islam, for the men that is.. it is a male orientated religion, men in Islam can get away with a lot and Sharia Law is very much on the males side, Islam is a sexist and oppressive religon, that much is obvious.

There is no freedom in Islam, in fact whom give birth to males in the first place? it was women that gave life
to men and women.

Is there freedom in ANY religion? No not really, but in terms of equality, Islam has more freedom for the men than it does to the women. So just because women give birth to men you are citing that as your source of pure inequality for all in Islam? Now you really are showing your ignorance.

And how are women treated in Islam? they are treated like dirt slaves for the men and whenever men are upset with something they go and protest and leaving the women to do the house work.

Yes women in Islam are treated like dirt, they are considered 2nd class citizens, that much is clear...

but your wording still conveys a lot of ignorance, for instance... if you were upset with something and you wanted to protest in the street, you would probably leave your wife at home, no difference there between you and your average muslim really is there?

I highly suggest that you do read it, IMO a person cannot have a fully balanced opinion on something unless they have all the facts. ATS, like any public medium is prone to exageration, personal opinion and bias.

the Qu'ran its full hatred towards other religions groups and calling its followers kill anyone that isn't a Muslim.

This is where you are WRONG again, the Qu'ran is down to a little thing called, "interpretation", just like any other religious book, Yes Fanatical extremist muslims would follow the literal word of the Qu'ran and actively carry out all the actions, but your average moderate muslim will not go out and kill every non believer!

You are assuming that EVERY muslim wants to kill you, just becuase their religion says so!

Can you not see the flaw in your logic?

For instance, the bible says that you must not wear two garments of any two different materials, ok just a simple example here, but do you take the literal word and only wear clothes made of one material because the bible says so? I guess not, considering most clothes these days are a composit of more than one material.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Again... why use this thread to debate whether Islam is bad or Islam is good. Forget that - It's a discussion that's been had a million times.

More pertinently, how about the question of whether it's OK for a nation of people to be deliberately replaced - however good or bad the character of the incomers? No-one seems willing to discuss that, and yet it's what this thread SHOULD be focussed on.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Indeed, it's not so much the statistics of Muslims i am worried about, it's dependant immigrants in general. It really is becoming benefit Britian, for both it's citizens and immigrants.

What i'm worried about in regards to Islam, is the faith schools that actively teach against Evolution.

It's the opression of women's rights, however much they seem to agree with it.

It's the introduction of Sharia law courts.

It's the attack of freedom of expression. (cencorship of media, threats of violence against those in Denmark)

it's the indoctrination of childrens minds.

it's the extremist militia that are forming without any direction from a central religious authority.

That's what i'm against, rather than unemployment.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Apart from the Sharia, your description applies very well to modern day middle america dontcha think?

Nothing much to do with the OP really I know, just thought it ironic somehow.

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

What i'm worried about is the faith schools that actively teach against Evolution.

It's the opression of women's rights, however much they seem to agree with it.

It's the attack of freedom of expression. (cencorship of media, threats of violence against those in Denmark)

it's the indoctrination of childrens minds.

it's the extremist militia that are forming without any direction from a central religious authority.

That's what i'm against, rather than unemployment.

edit on 29-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Again... why use this thread to debate whether Islam is bad or Islam is good. Forget that - It's a discussion that's been had a million times.

Ofcourse, you are absoloutly correct, inevitably discussions such as this always turn into a slanging match between the two opposite sides, people who have a genuine opinion about Islam/religion and those who just brand everyone a racist or a biggot because they have an opinion on the matter.

So lets get this discussion back on track!

More pertinently, how about the question of whether it's OK for a nation of people to be deliberately replaced - however good or bad the character of the incomers? No-one seems willing to discuss that, and yet it's what this thread SHOULD be focussed on.

No it's not ok for a Nation to be replaced by anothers people, I don't mind immigration, aslong as it is controlled... but when immigration seemingly appears to be out of control and when there are CLEAR loopholes in the system, such as there is... a british muslim male or female can have an arranged marrige and then bring in someone from another country and then they have completely bipassed the immigration system, so this is where immigration is not working. There have to be tighter controls...

It is a crying shame that country should be out breeded and have their heritage slowly eroded, EVERY country in the world has a RIGHT to maintain their culture, their belief system without hinderance and to preserve their race and genetic heritage.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

WHO does the earth belong too ? YOU are free to travel as you please .

Then give me your house.

PS IM NOT ASIAN im a white british guy but i dont give a f about peoples colour ONLY THEIR ACTIONS !

Where does OP mention colour or race?? He talked about islam, which is religion and culture (ideology). There is no such thing as muslim race.

edit on 29/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

They are concerns that are based on evidence. I'm not American and i don't know what the average American's thoughts are, i know that a lot of republicans have illogical reasons for hating Islam, and often many of them hate the Jews too, many of them have not read the QuRan much like how they havn't read their own religion's scripture.

Again, my concerns are not rooted in any type of xenophobic or racist ideology. My stance stems from humanism, and just a general desire to make life better for people.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Your response is nonsensical racism. You've said that people should be concerned that Muslims would be displacing "English people." If a child is born in the UK, regardless of his religion, guess what? He's English. Why don't you quote me the statistics on Blacks and Asians in the UK now. You can then argue that they are also displacing "real English people." If you get frustrated or scared living in a society in which there are non-white people around you, tough luck! You might consider some form of counseling before you start committing hate crimes. Happy Fearmongering!
edit on 29-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

We don't care what races exist in our country, we're happy to call them all British. We are just concerned regarding Islam, because it does preach fundamental ideology that is in conflict with free democratic society. "Libel Laws" for example.

This isn't a racist or xenophobic contempt at all. Please read through previous posts before getting the wrong end of the stick.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i almost went through this full thread and umm...im kinda siding with "THEGHOSTVIKING" ...lol

anyone else feel the same way

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

This is what I was trying to get across to other members in this thread. But some sees the comment as anti islamic or some crap. Maybe those who are in reciept of benefits, and whom stand outside mosques, street corners,spouting thier hatred, get a job maybe then there would not be that much confliction bewteen communities up and downthe UK.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We don't care what races exist in our country, we're happy to call them all British. We are just concerned regarding Islam, because it does preach fundamental ideology that is in conflict with free democratic society. "Libel Laws" for example.

This isn't a racist or xenophobic contempt at all. Please read through previous posts before getting the wrong end of the stick.

No you're not. If you were, this kind of thread would not exist. You would not have people complaining about "real English people" being slowly displaced by an "insidious minority population bent on their destruction."

I wrote my reply in response to the OP's post. Here's hint for you since you seem to be missing the pink elephant in the corner of the room. I'll make it simple for you. Please read slowly. Try replacing the word Muslim with Jew. If you would consider the OP's comments to be an invitation to carry out ethnic cleansing against Jews, then why should you feel any different when the word Muslim is used instead?

The OP is advocating restricting immigration of people of a particular religious group, restricting their ability to reproduce while in the UK, and possibly deporting people based on their religion. These are the primary means by which a particular religious group's followers increase or decrease within any particular location.

When you propose this kind of conduct as a necessary response to middle eastern people living next door, it is known commonly as racism or xenophobia. Go read some German newspapers from the 1930s with concerns about the Jewish population and the need to do something about it. When you finish high school, if ever, you may come to realize that humans are fairly predictable and the same historical events tend to repeat themselves over and over again because ignorant folks like yourself can't learn from the mistakes of their ancestors.
edit on 29-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Muslim women is what I was referring to, and it's only going to get worse, we as a nation just cannot afford it. And thanks for that graph, that shows without doubt who the largest group of unemployed are and like I say, that will just get worse!

add the 18% unemployed men and the 20% unemployed women...I think you'll find that's 38%

edit on 29-1-2011 by destination now because: to do the simple arithmetic

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We're not brainwashed to attack others. We are not xenophobes and we are not racist. We just hate fascist regimes, whether disguised as a religion or not.

I don't know -- the KKK and the modern Nazi movement seems to be pretty good at "brainwashing" their own in the name of Christianity.

edit on 1/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: spelling

edit on 1/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I noticed your post and starred it, but notably no one else can see this problem for what it is...and its going to get worse, and it's got nothing to do with hating muslims or racsim or anything like that, it's simple economics!

link   

Don't use the victim card, i'm certainly not replacing the word "Muslim" with "Jews"

Islam is fascism disguised as piety, i think our society should be concerned.

This isn't Nazism, this isn't discrimination of religion without good reason. They are trying to censor our media and support libel laws in our society, they are enroaching on our rights, it is NOT the other way around.

The UK has provided faith schools AND law courts for the Muslims, please don't play the "Hitler/Jew" card. Thanks.

link   

Don't use the victim card, i'm certainly not replacing the word "Muslim" with "Jews"

Islam is fascism disguised as piety, i think our society should be concerned.

This isn't Nazism, this isn't discrimination of religion without good reason. They are trying to censor our media and support libel laws in our society, they are enroaching on our rights, it is NOT the other way around.

The UK has provided faith schools AND law courts for the Muslims, please don't play the "Hitler/Jew" card. Thanks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join