It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
I merely wish to point out that or alll the talk most Brits are lousy at foreign languages hence perhaps do not appreciate the potential difficulties that it entails.

What utter BS, I talk many languages and have not found that much difficulty in learning them, for the record my native language is English, but I can also speak, Welsh, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, (basic/begginers) Arabic, HTML, XHTML, Javascript. I think that proves my point.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
And I've just noticed a strange anomoly from Ghostviking and tiger5...their tendancy to generalise about all british people, doing the very thing that they are accusing other posters of, tarring an entire population with the same brush, and they call us hypocrites...

Everyone seems to be aware of it but them.
edit on 30/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

so halo, what do you think of " los que gastan tiempo charlando de burradas y tonterias como piezas de un juego de ajedrez "?

Immigration has advantages and disadvantages, in my opinion ,which freedom of speech protects , the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Thanks for sharing your opinion
Regards
Ghost

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Its useless to take up arms against the spread of all races across this planet that belongs to us all.

I beg to differ. It is certainly possible to slow immigration rate to acceptable and sustainable values. And if all the lands on the planet belong to us all, then give me your house.

It might sound like a pretty idea in theory, but in the real world you cant stuff everyone is their own little corner and not expect big ugly hate-filled wars to break out across the globe.

In reality, you cant stuff everyone into the same corner and dont expect big ugly hate-filled conflicts to break out in said corner.

Ideas like these go against the ebb-and-flow of social integration that has been going on since... forever.

Social integration is only good if society integrates under a culture that respects and cherishes basic human rights, humanism and secularism. Otherwise its bad, and social fragmentation is preferable to bad integration.

Nobody said integration is going to be easy or quick... but it is both necessary and inevitable.

I highlighted the important word. Thats what massive immigration supporters dont get. Immigration and world society integration cannot be quick and massive, or there will be problems.

edit on 30/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

You are an exception to the rule. All people or should I say all honest people know that the Brits are week at languages. Have you ever seen how many Europeans speak two languages?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Veo que usted ha leído mi hilo entonces? No creo que mi teoría es tan estúpido

Excuse me if there are some grammatical errors as my Spanish is a little rusty since I moved back from there 5 years ago, also I will continue to speak english now as this is an english speaking forum afterall,

Anyway... back on topic I still see a genuine and valid discssion to be had here, and on that of my thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Don't stigmatise all Brits just because of a majority or a percieved majority. It's needless and intelectually bankrupt.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
And I've just noticed a strange anomoly from Ghostviking and tiger5...their tendancy to generalise about all british people, doing the very thing that they are accusing other posters of, tarring an entire population with the same brush, and they call us hypocrites...

Why are you calling my name in vain? Please state where I have mad sweeping generalisation. Throughout this this thread I have been at pains to identify a specific group of people who are fundamantalist moslems. The rest of my threads have been very specific like respondin gto you one scroungers and Indian restaurants which are actaully not run by hindus .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

anti-immigration is up because we are so completely saturated with sensational, divisive news stories that frame muslims as the "other". The surge of anti-muslim and anti-immigration rhetoric that has taken off since the USA went to iraq is completely unfounded in reality, yet is constantly used as justification for anti-immigration and population redistribution talk.

Have you been reading my posts? No? The media isn't spewing hate at muslims at all, in fact they've surpassed even feminists in Sweden as the perpetual victims, and that is saying a lot even if you don't understand the implications.
There exists a political correct scale when it comes victimisation, and muslims are ALWAYS the victims, no matter what. Blowing up houses with explosives are called mischief, whatever they do the media will ALWAYS take their side. They'll even photoshop blurred pictures of immigrant criminals making them white.
Do you understand?

I call it the feel-sorry-for scale. It's never about the actions, it's about the group and how they're percieved, as victims, as strong or as weak.
This is how it goes, around here at least:

1) White, middle aged, westerner, bourgeois, well educated, heterosexual man.
2) Young, poor, prostitute, african, handicapped, transexual, lesbo, muslim.

No matter what the situation, media will always side with the poor transexual muslim from Africa.
This is pretty much how they see the world, everyone in the first group is inherently bad, and everyone in the latter group are perpetual victims that can do no wrong.

These feelings aren't coming from propaganda for god's sake, understand that. The media is COVERING UP THE WHOLE GOD DAMN SITUATION!

If you believe in multiculture you're brainwashed, or at the very least ignorant of the situation.
We have it all, all the facts, all the statistics. We even have them basically admitting their plans for Europe and the media is covering it up.
This isn't about opinions, this is cold hard fact, either you accept it or you deny it.

Read Maslo's post about the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.

They're subliminally mocking us with symbols of the rape of Europa.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well the educationalists are very worried about the standard of language teaching and have been since the 70s so take it up with them. Also do speak to those idiots at Hays, michael page and reed who cannot find multilingual professionals!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You are an exception to the rule
yes of course you are halo cmon now , your telling me that your case is a REALISTIC reflection of UK as a whole ? cmon now.
Even though its a running joke that the brits are behind other nations when it comes to learning languages?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
First the jews took the English jobs then the "Diverse Blackamoor, then the huguenots, then the Irish then the west indians. The order may be a bit wrong but the song remains the same. Foreigners are a blight. Meanwhile the entire country goes through cycles of boom and bust irregardless.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
You are an exception to the rule
yes of course you are halo cmon now , your telling me that your case is a REALISTIC reflection of UK as a whole ? cmon now.
Even though its a running joke that the brits are behind other nations when it comes to learning languages?

It all comes down to aspirations and the desire to progress in life, yes there is a scrounging underclass who milk the UK's society/system for all it's worth and they generally have no desire or aspiration to succeed as they have not all had the opportunities that they need in life, there are some people in that "generalised" catagory who simply don't care and can't see any further than who is going to win the X Factor this year etc.

But there are others who are also put into that catagory who do have a desire to succeed yet because they are in a similar situation to the people who don't have any drive they will be labelled the same regardless,

For the record, I am a white, working class male, in a position where society has given me very few opportunities, so I have to create them for myself. This is true of other people I know.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It is you who have not been reading the media. Moslems are the fastest growning group in UK prisons. Everyone that dislikes PC and multiculturalism is a chattering idiot. Do the anti PC brigade wish to go back to the time when racism and sexism was the norm on television and in the workplace?

Do you really want a race war???

I grew up under English Appartheid and cracked many racist heads now I look back and know that Britain has changed for the better and we all must work to make it strong.

As to the allegations that you make if you have statistics to back up your allegation please do. IMHO PC is simply the new manners. This is how we conduct ourselves in polite society. I hope that you have a wife and or daughters. I have both did you realise how they would have been treated by some employers? A quick feel here? I little touch there? A little leer there?

Please do not get me wrong I respect women and would never encourage such louche behaviour but that was the pre PC era of the 1970s. Just look at the TV programmes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It all comes down to aspirations and the desire to progress in life, yes there is a scrounging underclass who milk the UK's society/system for all it's worth and they generally have no desire or aspiration to succeed as they have not all had the opportunities that they need in life, there are some people in that "generalised" catagory who simply don't care and can't see any further than who is going to win the X Factor this year etc. But there are others who are also put into that catagory who do have a desire to succeed yet because they are in a similar situation to the people who don't have any drive they will be labelled the same regardless, For the record, I am a white, working class male, in a position where society has given me very few opportunities, so I have to create them for myself. This is true of other people I know.

Welll I agree totally , and brings me to this .
why waste time on a single issue we disagree on when there are many more issues that we find common ground on

And for the record all those posters who have chosen to attack me because i DARE to defend a group who are not HERE to defend themselves. Shame on you ! what crime have I commited here ? Unless you count believing in INNOCENT BEFORE GUILTY as a crime .

Also I do not take kindly to Destinstion now constantly asking how much tax I pay too much tax! but stil this is l none of your business and why do you inquire if im able bodied or not what if i was not ? problem ? My father has had MS for over 10 years now , does that satisfy you . ??

Again to those who attacked and ganged up on me you will not take my eyes off my real enemy not now not ever !
I repeat Immigration has advantages and disadvantages, in my opinion ,which freedom of speech protects , the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hey maslo

You seem pretty adamant about disputing every single line that i write, even if it means falsely interpreting what i said. Though you seem also to agree with some of my points, mainly that forced integration is counter-productive.

Clever quips about taking my house are nice and all, but that doesn't change the fact that the world which we inhabit belongs to you as much as anybody else. And so, though you may not be happy with colored folks walking down your streets in greater numbers, its not for you to decide.

Which is why im saying that it is pointless and redundant to defend an idea as ancient as nation states. And even to defend anti-immigration seems futile and pointless. You dont achieve anything, but instead come across as a bigot.

In the end, none of your comments do anything to refute my stance. Muslims will continue to breed dispute your objections. They will also continue to live wherever they please across this planet, because that is their right as human beings.

If you cant accept that, then you will be fighting a losing battle for the rest of your life.

I thought i would add. Obviously there is going to be unrest when 2 social/racial/religious groups occupy the same territory. But the wonderful thing is that time will eventually have them work out their differences (in one way or another)

To keep people stuffed in their corner would slow the social progress of our species. We are destined to live side-by-side with people who arent like us.

Why not start the process of integration now, so that 200 years down the line maybe we will have worked out these silly differences that you seem to think are justification for anti-immigration
edit on 30-1-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Immigration doenst create multiculturalism, it creates ghettos, and as familys grow so does the area in proportion, which creates tension and anger. I wish we all could get along but when the foreign element doesnt respect the host countrys culture theres bound to be clashes. My comment doesnt relate to just britain, when i was in the US all of the people i talked to had the very same view against the latino ghettos which had created 'no go' areas, that used to be nice streets before immigration.

Video just for a reference of what i mean.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

It is you who have not been reading the media.

Yes I do, and there is NO hate mongering against muslims at all, none, zero, zip, nada, zilch.

Moslems are the fastest growning group in UK prisons.

Uhm, ok.. what's the point? Is that supposed to be proof of the advantages of immigration?

Everyone that dislikes PC and multiculturalism is a chattering idiot. Do the anti PC brigade wish to go back to the time when racism and sexism was the norm on television and in the workplace?

Do you really want a race war???

No, but young muslims are 'waging war' on the swedish government, their own words. When they go out and rob and rape they're waging a war, again, their own words.

Immigrants are "waging war" against Swedes with robbery
MALMO. The wave of robberies affecting Malmo in the last year is in part "a war against Swedes." It says eleven young robbers with immigrant background as the reason for that they just give themselves in Swedish adolescents.

Print Text Size
Share with others:
The young robbers have been interviewed by Petra Åkesson for her C-level in sociology.

- I had read Bras report about young robbers in Stockholm and Malmö and wanted to know why they rob other young people. It's usually not much money at stake, "she says.

Petra Åkesson was helped by counselors at the three schools and an organization that works with young offenders to make contact with the young robbers. She interviewed them both individually and in groups.

- It was fortunate that I was using tape recorders for the reply I got was so remarkable that I had to listen several times to really understand what they said. "When we're out on the town and rob as we wage war, we wage war against the Swedes", was a recurrent argument.

- The boys from one school told me smiling that "there will be a great feeling through your body when we rob, you feel satisfied and happy, it feels like they have succeeded."

They interviewed the boys are between 15 and 17 years and one of them explains to Petra Åkesson what power means to him.

"For me it's Swedes to lie down on the ground and kiss my feet."

- The young robbers feel a kick out of performing deviant and dangerous practices, and they talk a lot about how easy it is to rob Swedes. And the rush will be even greater when they are aware that robberies are so easy to perform. "It's so easy to rob Swedes, it is so easy," said one of the boys.

The young robbers do not plan their crime.

"No, when we see some Swedes that seems rich or have good phones so we rob them."

During the interviews talking about young Swedes as wimpy, scared and stupid.

"The Swedes do not do anything, it just gives us things, they are so wimpy."

- Young people are not planning or organizing the criminal acts and therefore has no business approach, "says Petra Åkesson. What is rather peculiar to their actions is that they see their robberies as a way of life.

Why this hatred against the Swedes?

- "They hate us," the boy replied with a sort of obvious, "says Petra Åkesson. One of them gave a small, small example.

"When one is in Swedish Press Agency, he money back in your hand, the lady behind the counter looks into his eyes and smiles. When we act, she puts money far away from the desk and looks the part."

Was it difficult to get the young robbers to talk about his crime?

- No, not when we met. It was rather that they bragged about who robbed the most. Since I have probably had a big advantage of my looks. I'm adopted from Sri Lanka as they watched me enough not to be one of "them", the Swedes.

Malin Åkerström is professor of sociology with a focus on forensic science and she has been a supervisor of Petra Åkesson.

- Petra's essay is unique. As far as I know, no one in Sweden earlier found out why young people robbing other young, "she says.

Why is there so much hatred against the Swedes, among these young people?

- Hatred is too strong a word. But when it reached a point where young people feel so frustrated that they decide to strike back at society by crime, then there is also great risk that they can be used by both political and religious fundamentalist forces to even worse acts.

Malin Åkerström see only one solution.

- Work at all. Contributions and all these courses will only increase resentment. Excessive benevolence is ultimately an oppression.

- Where a deregulation of the labor market to create more jobs, so we have to do it.

You want a stunning statistic?

How about this:

www.thestudentroom.co.uk...

Every single rape in Oslo in three whole years were done by immigrants. Is that one of the perks of the lovely immigration? Come on, get real. Don't just deny all this.. the immigration is detrimental to the target country, that is a cold hard fact. Deal with it!

As to the allegations that you make if you have statistics to back up your allegation please do. IMHO PC is simply the new manners. This is how we conduct ourselves in polite society. I hope that you have a wife and or daughters. I have both did you realise how they would have been treated by some employers? A quick feel here? I little touch there? A little leer there?

It's tyranny with manners, and the publically accepted opinions are shrinking because of it, until we all think the same.
They're enforcing the way you think.

Please do not get me wrong I respect women and would never encourage such louche behaviour but that was the pre PC era of the 1970s. Just look at the TV programmes.

If you respect women you shouldn't respect Islam.
This is funny and sad at the same time, that the biggest apologists to muslims are often leftists with feminist ideology, they don't recognise or see the cognitive dissonance in their own minds. On the one hand they're defending Islam to the death, even to their own detriment, while at the same time preaching about women's rights. They're mutually exclusive.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thought id bring some balance . to this thread .
I cannot believe you just posted a BNP video , mods is this allowed ?
anyway enjoy this .......

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 30-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
I cannot believe you just posted a BNP video , mods is this allowed ?

It's more than allowed, the BNP are a legal political group, regardless of people's attitudes towards them, wether anyone thinks they are legitimate or illegitimate, they are none the less LEGAL, they changed their constitution to keep up with a change in the UK law, which was passed in the house of lords to try and make the BNP illegal.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: crappy spelling

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join