It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A sane man can only take so much !!

Noun1.centralization- the act of consolidating power under a central control

decentralisation, decentralization - the spread of power away from the center to local branches or governments

I do not fear what you fear , I do not hold dear what you hold dear .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Please, Please, PLEASE only use one question mark/exclamation mark per sentence, more than one indicates irrationality, insanity, and other things beginning with I.

Yes, the EU is centralizing power.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
I give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A sane man can only take so much !!

Noun1.centralization- the act of consolidating power under a central control

decentralisation, decentralization - the spread of power away from the center to local branches or governments

I do not fear what you fear , I do not hold dear what you hold dear .

Now you are contradicting yourself...You just said a few posts back that nothing would make you give up your spanish language or your identity, so you do in fact fear exactly the same things we do and hold dear the same things we do...The choice to be who we want to be!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
so 2 of you here are not from England yet your here telling me, an Englishmen what to believe and who my enemy is ?
hmmm
nah sorry , aint gonna happen , not now , not never .
Good bye.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

so 2 of you here are not from England yet your here telling me, an Englishmen what to believe and who my enemy is ?
hmmm
nah sorry , aint gonna happen , not now , not never .
Good bye.

My country is in a worse predicament than Great Britain, mainly because of population size and numbers of immigrants. The article may be about Britain but this is happening all over Europe, it's the same story.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Please, Please, PLEASE only use one question mark/exclamation mark per sentence, more than one indicates irrationality, insanity, and other things beginning with I.

I rest my case !
You will not wate anymore of my time . Any comment you adress to me will be ignored from here on .
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timewasters nothing more nothing less .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

So when the employment rates for moslems fall will you feel easier? I am not amazed at moslems or any immigrant learning English . They want jobs as do all immigrants so it is in their interest to learn English. I would like to some people here learning Urdu or Gujurati!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I rest my case !
You will not wate anymore of my time . Any comment you adress to me will be ignored from here on .
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timewasters nothing more nothing less .

Oh please do grow up! You are not exactly denying ignorance by taking that approach...just refusing to speak to people who disagree with you is totally counterproductive and does not validate your argument in any way.

And laughingGod's perspective is very valid as a European citizen, we are all in the same position, we are all part of the behemoth that is the European Union, we all face the same challenges and issues. In fact as laughing God rightly says, as a small country they are feeling the effects on this population explosion even more, so we as a relatively small country should be taking note of their experiences and hopefully learning from them!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

So when the employment rates for moslems fall will you feel easier? I am not amazed at moslems or any immigrant learning English . They want jobs as do all immigrants so it is in their interest to learn English. I would like to some people here learning Urdu or Gujurati!

Yes, when they are paying into the system, reducing the number of children they have so as to reduce the burden on the child benefit bill, the education and health systems, I will feel a lot better. The UK is a relatively small country, there is only so much physical space, we can't just keep growing in numbers.

And why should we learn urdu or gujurati? The vast number of employers speak english, so that is the language to learn.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
To the guys quoting the Koran: You do realize that the large majority doesn't interpret everything in it literally, right? Just like most Christians are clever enough to not take the bible literally as it's got some VERY nasty parts if taken literally...

Good luck mate. I tried the same line as you with two examples from the Bible and I might as well has P***ed in the wind for all the impact it made. It is true that moslems do not accept and act upon all of the ideas in the Koran neither do all Xtians.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Very well said.... we are in England after all..... for the forseeable future anyway it will remain English and Britain.... a bit further down the line who knows what it will become....

I have seen a great deal of posts here and i say thanks to both sides for their input.... a lot has been discussed but i'm not sure we are any closer to a solution....

Maybe to Eradicate their rules from our Society would be a start....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I merely wish to point out that or alll the talk most Brits are lousy at foreign languages hence perhaps do not appreciate the potential difficulties that it entails.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The bible doesn't have the ideas of matyrdom and jihad within. And if it originally did, it's reformed itself. There are many reformed demominations including Mormonism or or even the vague Christians you see in the UK (Don't go to church, but believe "something" is up there)

I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

Extremists are extreme because many passages of the QuRan are extreme. They are as fundamental as the QuRan itself. It's not just down to interpretation.

Ask a average Christian in the UK what they believe about their religion, it's so vague, it's almost a new religion, It's practically Deism.

Islam is inherently fundamental because of the extreme scriptures and the lack of a central authoritive figure to change ideas or even condemn militias.

In states run by Islam - the punishment for apostasy is death and women are not allowed in law courts. As a matter of Sharia and in adherence to scriptural understandings.

You won't admit your bible is in the wrong though. This is the problem i find with most religions.
edit on 30/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I merely wish to point out that or alll the talk most Brits are lousy at foreign languages hence perhaps do not appreciate the potential difficulties that it entails.

"PEDRO UN A BEEER PAWRFARVORR GRASS IAS "
LOL Tiger good point my freind .
Having lived in spain i can vouch for this lol !!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So, don't move to a country where you will have difficulty learning the language. Very simple!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So, don't move to a country where you will have difficulty learning the language. Very simple!

TELL TO THAT TO ALL THE BRITS I KNOW WHO HAVE MOVED TO SPAIN WHO DONT SPEAK SPANISH THEN!!!!!!!

hypocrisy is rife with you isn't it ???????

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

TELL TO THAT TO ALL THE BRITS I KNOW WHO HAVE MOVED TO SPAIN WHO DONT SPEAK SPANISH THEN!!!!!!!

hypocrisy is rife with you isn't it ???????

From one hypocrite to another! You should read back some of your other posts. The difference with the British ex-pats moving to Spain though is that they do it financially indepedently, and are not looking to the state to support them. Although I do agree that a lot of them who do go, haven't really thought it through and are looking for some extended holiday nirvana...they soon realise it's not like that and a lot of them head back to the UK.

Me, I speak some German, Dutch and some French, but am quite happy to remain in the UK for this now, and if I were to move, it would be to the Netherlands, and I would ensure that my Dutch language skills were up to the mark before I did, so you are preaching to the choir I'm afraid because I personally would never move to a country where I could not speak the language

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And I've just noticed a strange anomoly from Ghostviking and tiger5...their tendancy to generalise about all british people, doing the very thing that they are accusing other posters of, tarring an entire population with the same brush, and they call us hypocrites...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

anti-immigration is up because we are so completely saturated with sensational, divisive news stories that frame muslims as the "other". The surge of anti-muslim and anti-immigration rhetoric that has taken off since the USA went to iraq is completely unfounded in reality, yet is constantly used as justification for anti-immigration and population redistribution talk.

Ideas like these go against the ebb-and-flow of social integration that has been going on since... forever.

Its useless to take up arms against the spread of all races across this planet that belongs to us all. It might sound like a pretty idea in theory, but in the real world you cant stuff everyone is their own little corner and not expect big ugly hate-filled wars to break out across the globe.

We are a lot safer when were unified and evenly distributed. Nobody said integration is going to be easy or quick... but it is both necessary and inevitable.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am not falling for your fear mongering . Like numerous posters have said you have converted no one, we still hold the beliefs we had before .
Immigration has advantages and disadvantages, in my opinion ,which freedom of speech protects , the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Regards
Ghost

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join