It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by AR154
www.encyclo.co.uk...

It's disgusting. What the trendy multiculturalists perhaps don't seem to realise is that as a population increases in size, so does its political power - voting. Who will stop sharia law and other such un-British things when there are enough people to vote it in?

You do realize that you can't change the legal system by vote, right?

In the UK they have Sharia courts, but they do NOT stand above British law. So if you break British law, you will still be convicted.

This is nothing but fear mongering, and listing Muslim countries that always had Sharia law isn't really helping your argument

To those against multiculturalism: You do realize it's something you can't stop, right? In today's modern world, countries just can't stay separate and only do a bit of trade with others on the side...if you don't agree, you're part of a dying breed. You can't stop globalization, trying so will cost you tons of nerves and is futile. Adapt or die is the motto

edit on 30-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Perhaps I'm not reading carefully enough to grasp the meaning of your posts.

Is it your premise that those with concerns of a potential Muslim majority are fearmongering an unlikely eventuality or that this eventuality presently exists on a global scale and any battle is futile so one must adapt or die?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Well so far all I have seen on this thread (as expected) is an argument between two opposing sides, those who want a discussion about the growth of Islam and it's implications and those who will simply refute all that is said, hmmmm I can clearly see who is winning this argument, I am firmly on the side of most of the people who actually want to have a reasonable discussion about Islam and it's growth.

Yes, I simply want to discuss the impact on the welfare state with an ever increasing population who have such high incidences of unemployment and high birth rates, which costs the public purse. We are a very small island, we really cannot accommodate such high population growth.

But it's like arguing with children...they just stick their tongues out and refuse to have any form of a reasoned debate and then they just resort to silly name calling....really boring and doing nothing to change my opinion!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Ahh yes, well spotted, the total hypocrisy of the apologists is quite amazing. We have nothing to fear so me must accept the change or die....Hmmm...let me think about that

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Halo you believe in the nwo do you ? I'm sorry but its unclear right now.
Divide and conquer mate .
I'm on the side of humanity here .- noone else .
I wish you well .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by destination now

The majority of British people think multiculturalism makes the country a better place, a BBC poll suggests.
The overwhelming majority of Muslims - 89% - said they feel proud when British teams do well in international competitions, a similar figure to the national population. And the survey suggests broad agreement between the two groups on immigrants being made to learn English and accept the authority of British institutions. Ben Page, director of Mori's social research institute, said: "The survey shows that despite 7/7, the majority of both white British people and Muslims share a common level of allegiance to Britain and its institutions and seem very tolerant of each other, in contrast to media reporting following the London bombing. "They support the expulsion of those who promote terror, and the use of measures like house arrest, but both groups are more divided over any fundamental changes to civil liberties as a reaction to 7/7, such as trial without jury, or detention with trial." But the survey suggests a more "confused" attitude to the concept of multiculturalism, Mr Page added. Some 62% of the national population believe "multiculturalism makes Britain a better place to live", according to the poll.

READ IT AND WEEP
ENJOY !!!!!!

Another meaningless poll. Do you have any idea the size of the sample they use for these things and where they get the samples from? Notably there were no questions asked about people's issues over the welfare bill, which is my main concern, in fact I have stated in previous posts that I do not have an issue with diversity in communities, in fact I welcome it, so I have no idea why I would be reading and weeping! And yet again you have completely missed the point.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I wish you well .

I believe in the NWO, I also believe this mass immigration is part of the agenda, I don't know what the objective is, but the way they're pushing it it's freaking obvious.

For example, why is 'the rape of Europa'(the goddess in greek mythology) one of the symbols of the EU?
Why is the Tower of Babel one of the symbols of the EU?

You don't think the EU is part of the NWO effort?

What's the agenda, and why are they pushing mass immigration like there's no tomorrow?
Normalisation between countries?
One mono-culture instead of real culture, real diversity. You want the grey goop they're serving you? You want to drag us all with you. Submit to the grey mass.

NEVER!
edit on 30-1-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes I do believe in the NWO, there is a definate agenda that is going on in the world.

Yes they are doing a campaign of divide and conquer, but this is a subject that works on more than one level, yes there is the obvious level that there is a lot of biased information going out via the mainstream media etc, but also it doesn't change the fact that IMO the Qu'ran (like other religious texts) is full of hatred, control mechanisms, racism, a wish to be the only religion in the world and to erradicate other religions either by conversion of the remaining populace or by a campaign of stealthy invasion.

There are always going to be ignorant people who go along with all the biased crap that's put out there and that will divide and conquer...

But there is also the actions and ideology of a religion and people that IMO is unreasonable.

Same here, but that doesn't stop a mass of people wishing to erradicate another religion/belief system and peoples, that goes for all sides.

I believe there are a few countries left that the NWO have yet to take control of, these would be Iran and other affiliated countries, so the NWO are stimulating various "revolutions" (I also have a current thread talking about this, which can be seen HERE) in North Africa and the Arab world, while funding both sides... a pro democratic movement and the muslim brotherhood, whichever side gets into power, either way the NWO win there.

But that being said, that doesn't stop the beliefs of Islam spreading and it doesn't stop all the concerns that have been stated in this thread.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Listen please , I undestand people's fears here ok , ?
But Laughing god , is it not the nwos aim to have a 1 world government ???????
Also ONE CURRENCY
ONE WORLD ARMY
ONE WORLD LANGUAGE
AND R E L I G I O N ?????????????
DOES IT MATTTER WHICH RELIGION IT IS ?????????????
WE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS THE REAL ISSUE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for gods sake do you not understand ???????????????

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Thats not necessarily a bad thing if it stops war and killing.

Also ONE CURRENCY
ONE WORLD ARMY

Again not a bad thing, might sort a lot of problems, until we finally do away with the need for money.
And one army would mean peace, but then if we all unite would there be a need for an army?

ONE WORLD LANGUAGE

That would be bad, there has already been too many ancient languages lost, and language is the foundation of society.

AND R E L I G I O N ?????????????
DOES IT MATTTER WHICH RELIGION IT IS ?????????????

One world nation wouldn't have to mean one religeon, there are lots of different religeons under any one government now.

WE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS THE REAL ISSUE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will always be more of us than of them, and man can only be pushed so far before snapping.

edit on 30/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

The only way we can maintain freedom from a Orwellian global goverment is if we stand up for free democratic society. We respect the benefit of freedom of speech. (Like woogle has said, a one world goverment is not always a bad thing, it depends how it is structured)

So that minority groups can speak out, this includes; women, blacks, homosexuals AND religion.

If Allah does exist - Thank "Allah" for freedom of speech for me next time you prayer.

It's just a shame most Muslims seem to be opposing freedom of speech by encroaching on democratic free society.

Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy

I have NO problem with Multiculturism, i think this is one of the great things about Britain and other modern 1st world countries. But when that "culture" opposes free speech. (i.e. someone's FREEDOM to disagree with a religion) then that is when i will not respect that "culture".

Please Ghost Viking, we are not brainwashed, we do not want an orwellian dystopia either. We want freedom too. True freedom. Freedom to practice religion, freedom FROM religion. Non-believers and believers in harmony.

That means leaving children to make up their own mind too, this is very important.

Please realise that we do not hate Muslim, only the way a lot of Muslims seem to be acting, and it seems to be because of rituals and practices within the religion. I have plenty of Muslim friends.
edit on 30/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Also ONE CURRENCY
ONE WORLD ARMY
ONE WORLD LANGUAGE

That's multiculture right there. Multiculturalism is a needed mechanic to achieve that.
They have to destroy the first world and prop up the third world, but in the end we'll all be paupers.
Destroy the middle class.

What's the reason for replacing the european population?

Why couldn't we have built up the third world instead of destroying it. There wouldn't even be immigrants seeking asylum if that was the case. Why eradicate cultures? Just for the hell of it?

Political correctness is governing the way we speak, it's tyranny with manners.
There'll be no real cultures in the future with the way things are going, it'll be either pop culture or Islam.

These last days, I've wondered if the mass immigration to Europe could be a way to win support for the International coalition in the mideast. Conflict and a clash of culture with muslims in Europe could win support for the war, or maybe even further wars..(Iran)

All these problems are created and I'm sick and f-- tired of it.
And I don't wanna hear I'm a racist from my brothers and sisters for being genuinely concerned for the future, OUT OF LOVE for my own culture, not out of hate for a different culture.

Next person calling me a racist, a nazi or anything like that in real life is getting socked full force in the face, and that's my word.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Citizen states? that will still require massive redistribution of the population.

Why exactly?

You think anybody is going to go anywhere simply because you say they are no longer welcome?

Why not? Closing the borders for excess immigration and actually enforcing it (and deporting illegals) is easy, if the politicians actually wanted to do so and didnt sell us out to TPTB plan. And I am not advocating deporting any of the current legal immigrants, even if I personally think there is too much of them and if they dont secularize and adapt to our human rights concept they may pose problems, that would just not be right.

also, i said extremism does need to be addressed.

Show me where I talked about moderate islam as the problem. I am ONLY talking about extremists.
The fact is, in many countries, more than 50% of muslims are extremists. I feel bad for the moderate minority there, but there is no way I will agree with immigration of a population in which 50+% of people agree with stoning women. Just as I would not agree if 50+% of them were nazis.
I have less b immigration from more moderate and secular islamic countries, like Turkey, altrough 16% of brainwashed extremists is still relatively high.

Yes, extremism is bad. Muslim extremism, christian extremism..

This. But not all extremisms are equally dangerous, and not all extremisms are equally widespread. How much blood and time did it took till we finally reduced our religion to relatively innocent folklore it is now? Why should we risk thashing it all away and letting people with medieval stance when it comes to their religion immigrate en masse?

If your going to criticize me, at least try not to sound like a moron

And you should try to not use strawmans, both when discussing my and OPs posts.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hey woogle wasup .
If theres a 1 world army who will they fight ?
If theres 1 world language_ i will be vexed Im half spanish and Noone is going to tell im not allowed to talk to my spanish family members, or what language to speak !

THEY want a 1 world government because if everything is centralised it is easier for them to stop dissident parties .
CMON GUYS you all complain about the E U yet you think 1 world government is better cmon thats nonsense .
IS it not the fact that UK DOES NOT WANT TO BE DICTATED TO ??????????? We don't want our sovereignty to be lost .
NEWSFLASH NWO = A dictatorship , where there is no choice its THEIR way or nothing .
And that is who the 1 WORLD ARMY WILL FIGHT ANY OPPOSERS TO THE NWO _________

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

never said you were brainwashed, or meant to offend. nor have i attacked you

The only point i care to make is that, as the world turns into what today is refered to as "the global villiage", these attitudes that any nation can belong to any single religious or racial group is redundant.

Things just dont work the way that a lot of people on this board seem to think they do. You may be upset to see your majority slipping away, but the fact of the matter is that the people who you have determined to be "others" or "outsiders" are just like you.

We are way beyond the point of nation states. we have been for over 1000 years. Its simply not feasible to envision a Great Britain without muslims in the modern world. And its definetly not feasible to envision a Great Britain with an open policy towards discrimination, where the christian/islam ratio could be controlled.

I dont understand how this isnt completely obvious to everybody.... but, I guess, since im young, i dont really get this whole blatant, outspoken racism deal

I look forward to the day when todays liberal (with a lower case L) youth are in positions of power, to deter backwards movements like these

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What if massive immigration of intolerant muslims and resulting cultural conflicts in western world is TPTB plan to achieve NWO? Ask yourself, why are their media preaching political correctness and multi-culti propaganda 24/7? Why are their puppet politicians in Europe planning to immigrate millions of north africans into EU if they were against it?

The disastrous and suicidal pact called the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership is in the process of going into effect, with little fanfare or examination. It boggles the mind that such a consequential and seismic cultural shift could be mandated and put into play without so much as a murmur from the mainstream media.

The European human rights group called Stop the Islamisation of Europe (SIOE) has been working tirelessly to expose the mass Muslim immigration plan of the Euro-Med Partnership. A statement on the SIOE website criticizes the secrecy of the process:
“It was shocking to hear about the plans and at the same time knowing that Danish politicians and a [cowardly] Danish press — who is otherwise proud to be critical — has told nothing to the Danish people about this project which begins already in January next year [2010]. This also showed clearly at the conference. Only very few politicians showed up and no media. Those politicians who showed up had obviously never heard about the Euro-Mediterranean project.”

The goal of the Euro-Mediterranean cooperation is to create a new Greater European Union encompassing both Europe and North Africa, with the Mediterranean Sea becoming a domestic Eurabian sea. The goal is to establish a “comprehensive political partnership,” including a “free trade area and economic integration”; “considerably more money for the partners” (that is, more European money flowing into North Africa); and “cultural partnership” — that is, importation of Islamic culture into post-Christian Europe.

According to the SIOE, in the Euro-Med plan, “Europe is to be Islamized. Democracy, Christianity, European culture and Europeans are to be driven out of Europe. 50 million North Africans from Muslim countries are to be imported into the EU.” FP: Who exactly is behind this agenda? Why is it being done so secretly and how come it is allowed to happen this way?

Geller: Jamie, this agenda is being pushed at the highest levels of the European Union. The official EuroMed Partnership website says it’s an initiative of “the EU and its southern neighbors.” And it’s huge in scope. Recently in Brussels there was a summit meeting of trade ministers from 43 countries in Europe and the Mediterranean. And it’s being done secretly because the European governing elites know the people of Europe wouldn’t go along if they knew what was happening.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Funny how most youth in my country are vehemently against the political correctness garbage and the mass immigration policies. The anti-immigration party in Sweden has doubled, next election it'll double again.
The numbers in school elections are significantly higher than the national average, yes, young people are waking up to the detrimental policies the commies have been pushing on us for decades.

Why? Because they're in the streets and know about the problems first hand.

The social democrats are blaming the top newspaper for not supporting them enough(ridiculous), yet they've been spewing non stop hate on anyone questioning the immigration policies, why is that?
That's the propaganda young people are waking up to.

Just watch.. this wave of awareness is unstoppable and it has nothing with racism to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

IS it not the fact that UK DOES NOT WANT TO BE DICTATED TO ??????????? We don't want our sovereignty to be lost .

Yes, that's precisely why we have an issue with the ever increasing islamification of the UK, and the constant barrage of total multiculture idealism, because it dilutes who we are, you've said it yourself, you still want to be able to speak spanish and so you should, I am a woman and I want my daughter to grow up in a country where she is an equal citizen, but Islam is an unforgiving doctrine that doesn't really like people thinking for themselves and enjoying personal freedom!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I too, can see some contradiction in Ghost Viking's words. More and more Muslims i meet are starting to mention the NWO and the Zionist Elitists as an exuse to condemn our society. We're aware of these people too, Just because we have concerns regarding Islam doesn't mean we support this either fictional or non-fictional NWO.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Spaceystranger would you agree that you and I share the same view and that when laughing god claims your takin the p i ss out of me he is in fact WRONG
CHEERS

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Spaceystranger would you agree that you and I share the same view and that when laughing god claims your takin the p i ss out of me he is in fact WRONG
CHEERS

I'm not british so I'm not quite sure if I've claimed he's "taking the piss out of you"...

Ok, I see.. no, I didn't claim he was mocking you, as far as I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join