It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Lol ok then. Lets divide the world into nation states, so that whites can live with whites, blacks with blacks, and muslims with muslims.

O WAIT. they did that over 100 years ago at the congress of berlin

Guess what? there will always be an unhappy, unrecognized minority that will cause tension within any country larger then the Vatican City

That doesnt mean we can start deporting all races not determined to be nationalistic enough, simply because your children wont be the majority race in their classroom in 30 years. Theres no reason that "we" need to "do" anything. Because "we" is just "you", and all those like you who perceive islam as a threat (rather then simply extremism)

This is a fascinating article. Its too bad you had to juice it up with your anti-muslim rhetoric.
edit on 29-1-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: biggie

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Not a problem if they behave, more houmous and shisha is a good thing. And nothing beats a 5am snack at Edgware Road's Lebanese restaurants

I'm not saying there shouldnt be a Lebanese Restaurant in the high street....

If you look at my posts i mentioned that all Countries have a menu from a different Country.... this is fine.... we all like to taste different foods.... whats not fine though is the belief system and the ways in which they are trying to bring it into the main way of thinking/being in the UK... the UK is all about being Free.... this Religion supresses the Individual to make them non-free and wound up like a clock!!

You know what i saw on the News earlier? This should make you laugh as it did me.... you know the Riots in Eygpt right now? I saw all the demonstrators taking a break from Demonstrating to Prey facing East.... isnt that just a bit silly? You know they heard the Sirens and they prayed.... that is Mind Control at its very best!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Lol ok then. Lets divide the world into nation states, so that whites can live with whites, blacks with blacks, and muslims with muslims.

No. Lets divide the world into citizen states so that those who respect human rights can live with those who respect human rights, and those who dont respect human rights can live with those who dont respect human rights. How about that?

Theres no reason that "we" need to "do" anything. Because "we" is just "you", and all those like you who perceive islam as a threat (rather then simply extremism)

Since when is extremism not a threat that needs to be adressed? Would you also say there is no reason that we need to do anything if neonazis were in question, instead of radical islamists?

edit on 29/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They aren't forcing you to become Muslim in the UK...and I don't see a problem with them exercising their belief over here as long as they don't force me to partake...and like I said, they don't.

As for Egypt, the people are on the streets to fight CORRUPTION and TORTURE, not because of religious reasons. I see nothing wrong with them praying whenever they want in their country, you'd look very petty and paranoid to criticize that.

Muslims have just as much rights to exercise their belief as Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists. And the large majority of Muslims aren't terrorists, so why the fear??

I welcome more diversity...and like I said, I've been living here for 5 years, and never hand an issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You are not aquainted with the bible nor did you read my entire post. Both books have a heavy dose of God's evil. Read your bible. Listen to the xtian use the "old testament has been superceded by the new" trick or look at ATS's posts on biblical fundamentalism. If xtians can ignore aspects of their bible why can't moslems

edit on 29-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yeh, diversity is fine.... it goes beyond that though where Religion is concerned.... and this one is just not the right one for the UK..... hows that?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I've read and studied all the mono-theistic religions, and i agree with you - I find them all evil, and immoral. Immature attempts at rationalising human morality and answering astronomical questions as to causation of reality and/or the universe.

I treat religions all equally, i find them all false and somewhat controlling. I do have specific concerns with a few religions that are overly aggressive or fascist in nature.

I don't think you'd ever see a Mormon suicide bomber, there religion explicitly condemns any sort of violence, for any cause.

Deism, i have no concern with, that belief doesn't facilitate dogma that causes prejudice or upset. It's simply a belief in a God, no strings attached.

Again Islam is fundamental in nature, Jihad and Matyrdom are ideology. And there are abundant ammounts of evidence pointing towards discrimination of non-believers in the QuRan.

I don't think we disagree on much to be honest, what's your concern with my concerns?
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

So, you are saying 'we just have to accept the fact that in 20 years time the Country will be more Islamic?'

Then we will fail our children....

It's all very well having different views.... its just that its going too far....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Dear
tiger5
andrewh7
MrXYZ
Kram09
subby
in42
ScorpioRising
backinblack
SPACEYstranger
gladtobehere
Soylent Green Is People.

I would you like to say thankyou. I don't have enough patience to talk to these people on the thread . It depresses me in all honesty .
Thankyou for fighting for the truth and "denying ignorance " .

Im off to get a chicken bhuna pilau rice bombay potatoes and poppadums mmmm foreign food, so tasty !!!

edit on 29-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I merely find an indiscriminate attack on one religion that does not consider fundamentalism to be wrong on many levels. The biggest of which is that there is a risk of alienating the majority of religionists. I am concerned that any evangelical atheist is an instrument that is too blunt to be of any use in a "battle for hearts and minds" scenario.

You cannot execute all suicide all terrorists. There is the negative lessons of Northern Ireland to consider. Most immigrants hold onto their culture - as I did until nature openmindedness onmy part and the sheer joy of multiculturalism made me identify strongly with this breed of mongrel nutters (the brits).

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious.

If disagreeing with medieval mentalities makes me a troll then so be it.

But please note the only people agreeing with you are already of the same misgiven persuasion. You are not convincing anybody new to take up your cause because most people are not stupid enough to fall for these lies.

In the UK thankfully Common sense wins over 8 times out of 10 and apathy picks up the other 2.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What about Hidus and Sikhs mate. Can you tell me how many of them in 20 years time?

Also Chinese, there are loads suddenly around here but nobody ever mentions them lol. How many Chinese in 20 years time whatever their religion is?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
Dear
tiger5
andrewh7
MrXYZ
Kram09
subby
ScorpioRising
backinblack
Haydn_17
gladtobehere
Soylent Green Is People.

I would you like to say thankyou. I don't have enough patience to talk to these people on the thread . It depresses me in all honesty .
Thankyou for fighting for the truth and "denying ignorance " .

Im off to get a chicken bhuna pilau rice bombay potatoes and poppadums mmmm foreign food, so tasty !!!

Well enjoy the tax burden then...you know what...I might just stop working, go and have some more kids and you can pay for it okay?

And to use the "foreign food" thing is lame...particularly as you are referring to Indian food...Indians who are mainly hindu and have been integrating and contributing to the UK for a very long time...I have no problem with that, I welcome the diversity from those who actually bring something to the country, but I cannot abide those who just look at the welfare state as a free meal ticket!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Muslims have just as much rights to exercise their belief as Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists. And the large majority of Muslims aren't terrorists, so why the fear??

I welcome more diversity...and like I said, I've been living here for 5 years, and never hand an issue.

Even if they are preaching hate about the Non Muslims?

1 in 11 Muslim students said killing a non beleiver is not a sin.

No idea what the figures will be in 2030? 8 out of 11 muslims?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yeh, diversity is fine.... it goes beyond that though where Religion is concerned.... and this one is just not the right one for the UK..... hows that?

How exactly is them being Muslim affecting you? No one forces you to join them, no one is forcing you to pray to Allah, no one is forcing you to buy halal meat, and their courts aren't above British law. As far as I'm concerned, they have ZERO influence on me...and I've been living here for years.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
but I cannot abide those who just look at the welfare state as a free meal ticket!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
This is funny , next time I go to the jobcentre il video it for you .
Then maybe you"ll be able to show how me many muslims brown people whatever YOU want them to be lseperated into are unemployed compared to the good ol brits you think are perfect all the time .

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I am concerned that any evangelical atheist is an instrument that is too blunt to be of any use in a "battle for hearts and minds" scenario.

I disagree. Atheism has no goals, it's up to the individual to decide how to win the hearts and mind's of the people, whether you believe in God or not, it makes no difference.

Whether it be the religiously inspired words of Martin Luther King, or some humble words from Professor Dawkins, everyone has the chance to win the hearts and minds of the people. A simple belief or disbelief in a deity should not change that.

You cannot execute all suicide all terrorists.

I never said i wanted to. I actually believe in redemption and i oppose the death penalty. I don't wish harm upon any person.

In some Islamic states the punishment for apostasy is death. (for simply leaving Islam as a faith)

There is the negative lessons of Northern Ireland to consider. Most immigrants hold onto their culture

We have no problem with multiculturism. Despite what Muslims think, it's a minority view of racists and xenophobes here in Britain. (EDL + BnP idiots)

What we have a problem with is when "culture" encroaches on democratic free society, laws are changed to respect religion. Religion should not interfere with state business.

Secular society allows for freedom to practice religion, but it allows for the freedom FROM religion too. This is why i am strongly against Muslims trying to change our laws, and what they teach to our children.

I don't wish for violence or physical harm against any person

I'm not racist, and i don't discriminate against race or colour.

I have concerns in regarsd to religion encroaching on secular democratic free society.

I am against schools that teach children against the truth. (Evolution, for example)

Most Atheists i know share my concerns and have a similar liberal mindset. Please stop trying to stereotype an ideology that consists of simple lack of belief. There are no goals.

Most Atheists are humanist in nature. Don't listen to this "Satanist" propaganda i hear people spouting. Atheists don't believe in nonsense like that either.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

www.dailymail.co.uk

Muslims to make up quarter of world's projected population of 8.3billion
72 countries already have one million or more Muslims
Britain to have more Muslims than Kuwait by 2030

The Muslim population in the UK will almost double to 5.5million within 20 years, it has been claimed.

Immigration and high birth rates will mean nearly one in ten Britons will be Muslim by 2030, according to a worldwide study about the spread of Islam.

Britain will have more Muslims than Kuwait!!!
(visit the link for the full news article)

How is this even news? You're a moron. The goal of any religion is to "Spread the word", and gather followers. Look at the annoying Jahova's Witnesses coming to your door every day. I dont see a post on here, freaking out about their population.

Maybe the Muslims have something right. Last I checked, they dont drug you or forcibly make you Muslim. MUSLIMS CHOOSE TO BE MUSLIM.

These type of ignorant posts set us back a thousand years. You're a moron for posting it. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Even if they are preaching hate about the Non Muslims?

1 in 11 Muslim students said killing a non beleiver is not a sin.

No idea what the figures will be in 2030? 8 out of 11 muslims?

So you want to punish a majority because a small minority has a messed up interpretation of their belief???

What do you think is the % of Americans that agreed to "let's make a glass crater out of the middle east"

Doesn't mean they act on their belief.

Paranoia has never helped anyone...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I think you will find that Indian Restaurants are mostly Pakistani owned and are likely to be Moslem...I didn't get the rest of your post but then perhaps it wasn't for me.

I just do not think blanket trageting all moslems on the most specious arguments of comparing the Quran harshly and ignoring the bible is sensible. At least I opened a bible. Most did not!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join