It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Left-wingers can have concerns with religion too. It isn't just the right-wing extreme like Hitler that have concerns, besides his concerns were deep routed in his Eugenics ideology, his superiority complex, a master race.

I'm as liberal and left wing as they come with regards to most issues. I just have a concern with religion, and specifically aggressive cults of abrahamic mono-theism. I'm not wishing death upon them, I'm not promoting physical violence.

If you don't have enough information to slander someone with labels of Nazism, then don't slander them.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Okay, I'll re-phrase my point. Child benefit should be limited to 2 children...no money for subsequent children, and people who are physically able to work should have all benefits stopped after 2 years if they do not have employment!

I don't care what religion they are or where they have come from, but I pay too much tax already and I'm not paying any more so that people can lay around on their backsides breeding like rabbits...

I think if this was implemented we'd have a lot less immigration and some of our indigenous scroungers would have to get off their backsides as well!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

There is no intention to slander here. As already stated I do not know you but I will attack your message for the ignorant, fearful twaddle it is. Stop trying to make this personal.

Once more....

Unfair or not, Hitlers regime, Fanatical Muslim clerics and you all share the same ideals of intolerance, just in different flavours.

Its your ideals I am against not you.

I know a couple of quite pleasant racists (jk)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Okay, I'll re-phrase my point. Child benefit should be limited to 2 children...no money for subsequent children, and people who are physically able to work should have all benefits stopped after 2 years if they do not have employment!

Not a bad point you have there, the UK benefits system is in dire need of reform and this is coming from a guy who is currently on benefits!

I don't care what religion they are or where they have come from, but I pay too much tax already and I'm not paying any more so that people can lay around on their backsides breeding like rabbits...

Agreed, a lot of people see this as an easy life, have a lot of kids, claim a free coucil house and do sod all with their lives, people need to face up to their actions and if they cannot afford to pay for their children then they really shouldn't really be having them in the 1st place, an old saying comes to mind here, "live within your means".

I think if this was implemented we'd have a lot less immigration and some of our indigenous scroungers would have to get off their backsides as well!

I'm not too sure if we would have a lot less immigration, granted we would have a lot less people milking the system for all it's worth, yes.

Don't get me started on indigenous scroungers! lol, I have previously stated that I am currently on benefits, I see people who have NO desire to work and simply see it as "free money", this is a lazy and poor attitude and it shows no desire to better one's self or to succeed in life.

As soon as I gain the relevent experience (admin/office) I will be able to apply for the jobs that require experience in my chosen area of employment and I will be off benefits for good, I hate it and have no desire to be labelled as one of the scrounging claimants.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

I know a couple of quite pleasant racists (jk)

Showing your true colours....

I can relate to DestinationNow's concerns and again, also concerns i have listed before. If you want to call that racism, or discrimination or even intolerance then please do continue to misrepresent our opinions.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by Kram09

Can the same thing be said with regards to christian bashing threads, on and on and on they go. When it will stop nobody knows.

Members go into these threads and bring down Christianity as much as Muslim Topics.

So whats teh solution bann all threads on religion.

Oh theres a thought!

edit on 29-1-2011 by Laurauk because: Er sorting spelling

Yes, the same can be said for Christian threads. Although from what it seems to me, Muslim bashing topics seem to be far more popular on ATS.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Star for you! It's not that at some point in people's lives they may have to claim benefits...that's what the system is for, to help those in their time of need, that's why I am happy to pay into it, and people like yourself who have every intention of gaining the skills needed to gain employment and then pay in themselves have my greatest respect.

But sadly the UK is being seen as the handout capital of the world, with people flocking here to take advantage of the generous welfare system and free healthcare.

Yes, we do have our indigenous problem and it is seemingly okay to slate them, but mention your concerns about the higher than average muslim unemployment and birth rates and you're immediately branded a racist!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Why so touchy? I post on here to relax.

its not my fault your recruitment drive is going so badly in the UK.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Yes, the same can be said for Christian threads. Although from what it seems to me, Muslim bashing topics seem to be far more popular on ATS.

Yes Muslim "bashing" threads are popular here on ATS as the media, in whatever form it may come in, are peddling as many Muslim based stories as they can, in order to divide and conquer the population and it is working very well.

But! say it were Pagans or Buddhists the media were bashing and there was a prevelent attitude of dislike against that chosen belief, does that make it about race and racism?

Ofcourse not it would purely be based on a dislike and more often than not biased opinions on the said belief system, so in my opinion all the claims of biggotry and racism in this thread are redundant.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: poor grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Living in Britain can contribute to xenophobia because of a deep resentment to foreigners. What is Ironic was that at one time “The sun never set on the Brtish empire”.

I was aware of fundamentalist bombings prior to 9/11 but these were in developing countries. Then came 9/11 I was shocked. The attacked the country of my birth!!! Then 9/11 was terrible to watch on TV. Then I thought that this was a natural because America is polarised and tends to breed extremists on both sides.

Then 7/7 happened in the UK - WTF!!!!! I missed this by 15 minutes.

I am only writing this because I was wrongfooted by these terrorists.

Islam is not the problem fundamentalism is the problem. If we attack Moslems en mass we are adding to the problem. Also there are old school racists who wish to stir up racial tensions against ALL cultures in the UK. I remember the old saying that w*gs begin at Calais.

As a result we must be careful of how we analyse the problems. We have to focus on terrorists as oppose to a blanket attack on Moslems.

If we consider the xtians they have made the old testament disappear as they do not hold it in the same light as the new testament. Whenever I criticize the bible and mention Leviticus they always counter the same way. All Xtians that endorse military intervention and the death penalty do so in direct contravention of Mathew 19 where Jesus says thou shall not kill. I am not here to discuss a book that I do not trust. I do wish to point out if most xtians can go against their holy book it is reasonable to assume that the moslems can go against the most repugnant aspects of their holy books.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Unfair or not, Hitlers regime, Fanatical Muslim clerics and you all share the same ideals of intolerance, just in different flavours.

Intolerance to evil is not bad, but good.

If Hitler was clearly proven right about his claims of jews being inherently evil and dangerous for the society, I would have nothing against racism (not so much about final solution). But he was demonstrably wrong - what he intolerated (jews) is not evil, but good.

If fanatical muslims were clearly proven right about tolerating westernization being evil, I would agree with them. Its just they are demostrably wrong - what they intolerate is not evil, but good.

If so called "islamophobists" were clearly proven right about what they say about statistically many muslims being evil, I would have to agree with them.
According to current best evidence, they may be right.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
White people represent approximately 10% of the worlds population. The law in most white countries is such that expressing a desire to have the white population survive has for the most part been made illegal. The culture of the white countries encourages as much as possible that the white race mix and have children with people of other races, to express any other desire is either illegal or shunned. The desire to prevent immigration of foreign races into white societies is either illegal or shunned. Within 200 years the white race will become extinct.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So we are supposed to worry because it is their intention to increase their numbers mainly through reproduction. Catholics and Mormons, among others, also do this. But I guess we are only supposed to worry when they are not predominantly white and don't speak English.

I always find reactions such as your interesting when faced with the possibility that white, english speaking people will be in the minority one day. The only reason to worry is because you realize how crappy it is to be in the minority as in, white, English-speaking people don't treat minorities with the respect they deserve so why should we expect others to treat us with the respect we deserve if we were in the minority.

Get over it. What are we going to do? Force sterilize people? Make it illegal to be Muslim?

edit to add: you do realize that not all Muslims are brown people who speak Farsi or Arabic or what-have-you? In fact, the majority of Muslims are Asian with the next largest faction being African, yet all we ever do is discuss Middle Eastern Muslims.
edit on 29-1-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Obvious troll is obvious.

Touchy? Not at all - Actually - its pleasure, and not so much a challenge, to respond to your ignorance.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by EssenSieMich
The law in most white countries is such that expressing a desire to have the white population survive has for the most part been made illegal.

No it has not the law has made ruling against racial discrimination in all forms. THose wishing to preserve the white race can exercise choice in their breeding aspirations.

The culture of the white countries encourages as much as possible that the white race mix and have children with people of other races, to express any other desire is either illegal or shunned.

Nope it has to do with the choices that people make. Most whites may date as they see fit but tend to marry within the race as do nonwhites. Are you against the multicultural attitude that has been promoted? If so do you want a race war????

The desire to prevent immigration of foreign races into white societies is either illegal or shunned. Within 200 years the white race will become extinct.

Again you need to consider the racist aspect which is illegal however immigration control is not a problem to enforce if you are not attempting social engineering.

edit on 29-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Adam Sandler
The ZOHAN (quote)

Why would anyone want us to leave ?

99% of the world wants you to go home

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Your response is nonsensical racism. You've said that people should be concerned that Muslims would be displacing "English people." If a child is born in the UK, regardless of his religion, guess what? He's English. Why don't you quote me the statistics on Blacks and Asians in the UK now. You can then argue that they are also displacing "real English people." If you get frustrated or scared living in a society in which there are non-white people around you, tough luck! You might consider some form of counseling before you start committing hate crimes. Happy Fearmongering!
edit on 29-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

Yes, it is about being 'English' .... i admit it.... i dont know where you live or where you are going but maybe you still have many 'English' around you....

Look, this Religion is 99% Middle Eastern and they speak Arabic.... thats a fact.... so when you see 2030 and 5.5million people speaking Arabic in England then you would begin thinking 'what Country is this?' There are days already when i say to myself 'What Country is this?'

I have Somalians next door and they shout and talk in Somalian/Arabic instead of English and yes it does my head in... I travel on local transport and i feel like i'm an Alien in the wrong Country....

Yes, this is about being 'English'.... As i've said before i'm not White.... so.... i dont know what else you want to say on the matter...

I don't like what is happening here and I am allowed to have my opinion on it..... this is what it is.... my opinion.

Hold on a minute i'm a little tired.... its about the Islamic Faith and about being 'English'.... not about whether you are White, Black or Brown.... if it were 99% White people in the Islamic Faith and they were trying to do the same thing, i would still put this thread up..... how about that?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Islam is not the problem fundamentalism is the problem.

I tell you what a Muslim will always deny?

Extremists display fundamentalism because the QuRan is fundamentalist. (Just do the research for yourself)

It's not just down to "misinterpretation"

Unlike Christianity, there is no central figure or authority to dictate responsibilities and condemn Islamic militias or individual "martyrs" when they commit despicable acts of inhumanity.

Matyrdom and Jihad ARE ideology that is preached in the QuRan.

It's about time Islam started to reform their immoral scriptures and religious infrastructure before blaming "extremists".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Get over it. What are we going to do? Force sterilize people? Make it illegal to be Muslim?

No I just want them to stop reproducing on the welfare state...that applies to everyone who breeds relentlessly at the cost of the taxpayer, and I am basing my concerns on the fact that the muslim population, who have the highest percentage of unemployment in the UK is set to increase exponentially over the coming years...it's a ticking time bomb

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

So we are supposed to worry because it is their intention to increase their numbers mainly through reproduction. Catholics and Mormons, among others, also do this.

50% of catholics or mormons do not want to stone people for adultery. Mormons and catholics are not immigrating en masse, they live on their land for hudreds of years.

But I guess we are only supposed to worry when they are not predominantly white and don't speak English.

We are only supposed to worry only if they promote ideas that are against basic human rights. Race, religion, or language never enters into the equation.

I always find reactions such as your interesting when faced with the possibility that white, english speaking people will be in the minority one day.

NOONE is talking about that. I corrected it for you:

I always find reactions such as your interesting when faced with the possibility that secular and humanist people respecting human rights will be in the minority one day.

Make it illegal to immigrate from a country in which statistically significant portion of a population holds views against human rights.
Ooops, majority of those countries are moslim or arabic ones? So be it, its not intended.

edit to add: you do realize that not all Muslims are brown people who speak Farsi or Arabic or what-have-you? In fact, the majority of Muslims are Asian with the next largest faction being African, yet all we ever do is discuss Middle Eastern Muslims.

Thats what we are talking about - we are against people with extremist and dangerous ideology, regardless of their race, religion or language.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join