It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Don't use the victim card, i'm certainly not replacing the word "Muslim" with "Jews"

Islam is fascism disguised as piety, i think our society should be concerned.

This isn't Nazism, this isn't discrimination of religion without good reason. They are trying to censor our media and support libel laws in our society, they are enroaching on our rights, it is NOT the other way around.

The UK has provided faith schools AND law courts for the Muslims, please don't play the "Hitler/Jew" card. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not a problem if they behave, more houmous and shisha is a good thing. And nothing beats a 5am snack at Edgware Road's Lebanese restaurants

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

add the 18% unemployed men and the 20% unemployed women...I think you'll find that's 38%

I think you'll find it isnt. Pretty sure thats not how maths works.

Stop misrepresenting the figures or read a book on percentages.
edit on 29-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by lnr42

Muslim women is what I was referring to, and it's only going to get worse, we as a nation just cannot afford it. And thanks for that graph, that shows without doubt who the largest group of unemployed are and like I say, that will just get worse!

What exactly are you asking for? Just come out and say it. Really. Why don't you write your representatives and ask that they pass legislation that requires people you don't like to be involuntarily sterilized? Not effective enough? Alright - tell your representative to pass a law that deports or executes all members of a religious group that you don't like.

We have racists in our country too. They cite statistics about Blacks and the US prison population, ranting that something has to be done. When you make a demand that can only be satisfied with ethnic/racial cleansing, you're a racist. It's as simple as that. If you truly believe you're in the right, then why not just admit it?

Here's an invitation to anyone who has read and agreed with the OP's post: please present a solution to his "problem" that does not involve ethnic cleansing.

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
This isn't Nazism, this isn't discrimination of religion without good reason. They are trying to censor our media and support libel laws in our society, they are enroaching on our rights, it is NOT the other way around.

Ha! That has got to be joke right? You're proposing a Muslim conspiracy to control your society. Last time I checked Hitler said the same thing about the Jews before killing six million of them.
edit on 29-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

and often many of them hate the Jews too,

I think you're reaching, I'm not a fan of republican politics, but you can't say as a group they are prejudiced against Jews more than any other people. The state of Israel is especially sacrosanct to many of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

This isn't Nazism, this isn't discrimination of religion without good reason.

I think you will find the Nazis did have their reasons at the time.

Please refer back to your previous posts for clues as to what they where.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Don't use the victim card, i'm certainly not replacing the word "Muslim" with "Jews"

Islam is fascism disguised as piety, i think our society should be concerned.

I have to agree with awake_and_aware here, this is definately not about replacing the word "muslim" with "jews", and the poster that said that is merely trying to taint this discussion with accusations that people who have concerns about Islam have to be facists and mindless biggots!

Again, I am in full agreement... it is only a matter of time in a discussion such as this that someone throw the Nazism thing in, it's nothing more than a slur.

I think that the media are fully on the side of the liberal left, it is the media who are sleepwalking the people of this country into a future where being yourself and actually being allowed to have views is considered a crime.

Political Correctness is the british equivilent of New Speak in Orwell's 1984

The UK has provided faith schools AND law courts for the Muslims, please don't play the "Hitler/Jew" card. Thanks.

This country has bent over backwards to accomodate the growing muslim population, but you can only give so much, when people keep asking for more and more there has to be a point when you say no.

The Hitler/Jew card is typical of a leftist who is blind to the true nature of the world.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Yes, i don't think anti-semitism is healthy for a stable society.

There's much conflict in Palestine, because the Jews were promised land in their holy books, as were the Muslims; it's not a surprise that there's civil unrest, and violence.

Jews are often used as a scapegoat to other political/social causes of problems.

I'm not Jewish, but i'm definetly no Anti-Semite, it's sick that some users appear to be smearing me with the Nazi card.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The OP is advocating restricting immigration of people of a particular religious group, restricting their ability to reproduce while in the UK, and possibly deporting people based on their religion. These are the primary means by which a particular religious group's followers increase or decrease within any particular location.

Cut the unsubstantiated fear mongering exaggerations and slippery slope logical fallacies.

If anything, OP is advocating restricting immigration based on COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (which is normal and there is NOTHING wrong about that). And cutting absurd thing like benefits for infinite amount of children (regardless of religion of takers), and promoting planned parenthood and reproductive responsibility to people who do not adhere to them (regardless of their religion or race).

When you propose this kind of conduct as a necessary response to middle eastern people living next door, it is known commonly as racism or xenophobia.

If the cause of concern is not their race, but ideology, by definition it cannot be racism.

And phobia it maybe is - and there is nothing wrong with justified phobia - fear of influx of a population in which opinions conflicting with human rights are statistically very widespread (see here) is rational. Just like fear of nazism spreading is rational if you are a jew. What is not rational is being blind to the facts.

You should really stop with that political correctness bull# and face the real world. If those muslims wont assimilate and change their anti-humanist views (and judging from the spectacular multi-culti failure in western europe, it may be likely), western world will have a very big problem.

edit on 29/1/11 by Maslo because: typos

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Everyone has reasons for their ideology whether we consider it horrible or beautiful. Hitler included. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN A MASTER RACE, I DO NOT HATE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF RACE OR ANY OTHER PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTE. I AM NOT A NAZI NOR ARE OTHER USERS WITH CONCERNS REGARDING ISLAM.

Please stop implying this.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
If anything, OP is advocating restricting immigration based on COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (which is normal and there is NOTHING wrong about that). And cutting absurd thing like benefits for infinite amount of children (regardless of religion of takers), and promoting planned parenthood and reproductive responsibility to people who do not adhere to them (regardless of their religion or race).

edit on 29/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

So, you're agreeing with me that it's wrong to restrict immigration based solely on religion but you think it's perfectly alright to restrict immigration from primarily Muslim countries for the expressed purpose of doing the exact same thing? That's like saying, "I'm not racist against Asians, but I want to restrict all immigration from China, Japan, and Korea because that will effectively stem the flow of Asians into my country." In the United States, discrimination based on national origin is given equal weight to discrimination based on race because people like yourself like to use it to sugarcoat racism.

Now, if you are proposing welfare reform, that's a completely different issue. What does welfare reform have to do with religion? I'm having trouble understanding why you think erasing minorities in some manner is easier or more acceptable than simply reviewing and revising your country's welfare practices.

Why isn't the OP's thread about welfare reform if overuse of social services was his primary concern? Oh yeah - overuse of social services is simply a pretext for hate. Got it. Thanks.
edit on 29-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Everyone has reasons for their ideology whether we consider it horrible or beautiful. Hitler included. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN A MASTER RACE, I DO NOT HATE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF RACE OR ANY OTHER PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTE. I AM NOT A NAZI NOR ARE OTHER USERS WITH CONCERNS REGARDING ISLAM.

Please stop implying this.

Thanks.

Agreed...

I would like to add that I think race is a wonderfull thing, I think that every race has a right to be as they are and to preserve their induvidual cultures, this is one of the things that makes this world such a wonderfull place, that we are all induvidual and have difference but despite that we have so many commonalities.

Just imagine a world where all of the races have interbred to such a point where there is only one hormogenious master race, that sounds like hell to me. There would be no induvidual culture and no variation in the world, and as I have stated being different is what is great in my opinion, variation is the spice of life.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I believe it is a fair comparison to be honest but I will try to draw another (if only to unstick your caps lock).

You and your ilk, spreading hatred and fear about another group of people (ethnic, religious or otherwise) are exactly the same as the fanatical clerics one can find in cities around europe spreading hatred and lies.

Your rhetoric might be slightly toned down and your ideals less godly, but there is precious little difference between people like you and Abu Hamza etc. calling for the death of all infidels. Right down to the fact that most sensible people are not listening to either you or them.

Better comparison?
edit on 29-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For the record, I've been living in the UK for over 5 years now, and I have plenty of Muslim friends...never had a single issue (apart from normal arguments) with a Muslim.

There's idiots in every race, and so far, it seems at least in London the "idiot points" are pretty well spread out between the races. Apart from Saturday evenings at pubs, during that time British people top everyone on the idiot scale...but you just adapt and turn into an idiot yourself, so it's all good

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am against any form of religious discrimination simply because it will be used against all other minority religions. I can remember when there was discrimination on religous grounds by fundamental xtians. I do not wish to go back to those dark ages.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I can't help but think that there are people here who are jumping on aware_and_awake like a pack of rabid dogs, please tone down the accusations and ACTUALLY get on topic and discuss the OP...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Ok, just to make everyone aware, this user is comparing someone he knows nothing about to a Nazi and also comparing me to Abu Hamza.

I'm a liberal humanist and i appreciate freedom of expression, that means to practice whichever religion you like, within reason. We can't have satanists sacrificing children etc, or even Muslims trying to censor freedom of speech.

People are aware of your tactics to slander people you know nothing about. You know nothing of my politics, of my moral or ethical philosophy.

You only know that i have a concern with Islam, that tells you nothing at all. Call me a Nazi or Abu Hamza if you wish, you're the user who will look idiotic,immature and slanderous.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So, you're agreeing with me that it's wrong to restrict immigration based solely on religion but it's perfectly alright to restrict immigration from primarily Muslim countries for the expressed purpose of doing the exact same thing?

Of course, what are visas and immigration quotas for? If it is proven that many people from some country are dangerous for some reason, countries may issue visa duty or otherwise limit immigration from said country in relation to other countries.
Its not ideal, I know, because some people from there may still be all right, but if we have no better means of discriminating them, we have to go with imperfect solutions.

Severely limiting the absolute number of immigrants regardless of their country of origin is another way out, maybe even better since it wont directly discriminate anyone. And also actively fighting illegal immigration.

Any option from these is better than doing nothing and ignoring the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I agree I only have your posts on here with which to make my assumptions but you do state your case and opinions clearer than some here.

There are similarities in your views (and the OPs, and many many other posters) and the views of the more extreme types of the very people you are afraid of.

Unfair or not, Hitlers regime, Fanatical Muslim clerics and you all share the same ideals of intolerance, just in different flavours.
edit on 29-1-2011 by lnr42 because: 1 missing letter can change a lot

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

im 33 yrs old born in glasgow then moved to england wen i was 7,untill that point (apart from tv) i had not seen a black man.now 20 odd yrs later ive seen in the midlands (uk) very quickly being consumed by immigrants all shops especialy the british fish n chip shop has sadly now become a thing of the past.I myself have been personally verbally abused by young asians because i like wearing my t-shirt with the british flag on it,also where i live (coventry)ive even seen 200 yr old churches beaing run by muslims,for god sake a few doors down the street is a mosque recently built..funny how how the pub next door to it quickly got shut down and im seeing this on a daily basis....i agree we brits are beaing outbread FACT

Firstly pubs are shutting down across the UK doue to the breweries? A friend of mine asked me to look over the figures for a pub and theyere horrendous. I also know that some pubs also need to have security due to the deals etc.

secondly why have fish and chips when you can have something more exotic? Fish and chips is an anachronism to many.

Thirdly Don't you think that churches are shutting because your beloved Brits are shunning their own religion. Many are actually embracing the recreated version of indigenous british religion (Paganism).

Not everything can be blamed on moslems.

edit on 29-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join