It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Very disturbing findings" in chemical tests of Gulf residents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Very disturbing findings" in chemical tests of Gulf residents

www.youtube.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well there you have it.
Results from GOM show these chemicals are now in our blood??? How did it get into our blood? They say by exposure? Or breathing it in? I say chemtrails chemtrails chemtrails are in part..... doing this.

Whatever the reason, the source or cause, still think we're being stirred down the right path by the 'officials' who tells us when things are safe or tell us not to go out to play?

We either have a bunch of incompetent people wearing suits and ties or......liars!

They did this exact same thing with NYC air quality after the demolition of three towers and now people have cancer.

Are these really the leaders you want to turn to when things start getting bad? Because my friend, I think we ain't see nothing yet. And the moral to ALL these stories are, rely only on yourself. Do not think for a moment, these people know what they're doing.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Ronald Reagan once said:

The scariest words in the English language are: Hello, I am from the government, and I am here to help.

Wonder if he truly trusted the government himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is where the original story came from
News Story Chemicals..

Elevated levels of dangerous chemicals found in the crude oil from the Deep Water Horizon is now being found in our blood. Wilma Subra has been testing water and soil samples in Acadiana four for decades and what she sees in this latest study concerns her. A blood study that was conducted on four males ages 3 to 43 and one female age 38 in December of last year. Subra says the results of those tests have revealed elevated levels of six toxic and potentially life threatening chemicals associated with crude oil, most notably Ethylbenzene which has been linked to kidney damage and cancer.

I would like them to test many many more people, while having one person with these POTENTIALLY life threatening chemicals is bad enough. We need to know how widespread it is.

In addition to more tests on people, I'd hope test's are/will be carried out on as many different sources of seafood as possible.

edit on 28-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I am thinking that testing should
be conducted immediately on a much wider scale involving many more people, to
see if similiar results are seen.

S & F

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Im from New Orleans ( born and raised there anyway) and Im a shellfish eater.. not since the spill though. I was made fun of by some from the initial part of the spill, but why take the chance? No one wants to eat a hamburger with a hair in it or rodent droppings, but are okay with that crap in the gulf being in the food? Nahh, not for me.

I still have 2 relatives in the French Quarter in New Orleans and they are in the process of relocation. You dont hear a lot from the residents there if you havent noticed. People smell gross things in the air, have respiratory issues all the way into N.O. and the main concern for many is another bad hurricane season churning the garbage up from the bottom ( the oil, sludge, and dispersants we sank) and pushing it up into the land and inland waters. Theyve been freaking out from the start about the rain and it never being tested or if it was tested, no one bothered to tell them the results. No one knows for sure what the risks are, but no one who values their health wants to test it out for another season. I hear the tourists still come and still eat the stuff like the oil issue never happened. Blind trust in the non-information coming from the govt I guess.

Like my cousin says, its not a conspiracy, its common sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Thanks for posting this. I am thinking that testing should
be conducted immediately on a much wider scale involving many more people, to
see if similiar results are seen.

S & F

We better be vigilant about asking for any testing because after all, they're liable to jab us with a needle claiming that's a cure-all while getting us sicker.

I say go to your own doctor (if you can afford to these days) and let them do an extensive blood panel work up on you.

Oh man, these are certainly very stressful times we're all experiencing, eh? I don't know whether to look up, look down, look within or look to the future for potential problems anymore.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Has there been an iota of compensation what so ever from either BP or the government? If not, ever think of a class-action?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hay, i believe that i posted the very first of the threads dealing with thesee findings way back there somewhere.....
The truth has been out for long enough to have begun a tidal wave of southern indignation.
People either are getting really ill, or not?
I wonder if we are looking at the basis for a class action of the biggest and most extensive kind, in the history of coutroom drama.
The implications are enormous for the peoples health, today, and for a long time to come.Those reporting this rise in chemical content of humans in the effected areas,need to be supported with funds and equipment to do a thorough job of documenting the results of this first tim experiment with using Corexit in such quantities, and in such a manner, besides the added complication of having all that petroleum to deal with.
Some where down the line, i cant help but believe that there may be compensation paid, and reparations done, but all of that will be mostly unavailable to the actual victims of this grossness.
Which has yet to be determined, to be the result of greed and negligence,coupled with an arrogant distain for anything but the prosperity of BPor a deliberaate, act of disasteer capitalism, at its ugliest. .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Has there been an iota of compensation what so ever from either BP or the government? If not, ever think of a class-action?

Not any Ive heard of.. Im not there now, but like I said.. family is there. No compensation, no response in requests for testing, and basically "no nothing" at all. I understand that those who were not immediately or directly effected are SOL.. as in those who werent making a living in the gulf or immediately on its shores. That land has been basically confiscated and in the red tape process. Those folks are homeless and generational businesses are gone forever, and they get a bone thrown at them here or there. Crappy housing or govt "aid".Those who are concerned more inland are treated like tinfoilers and told basically that they are making something out of nothing when bringing signed petitions from the citizens of the French Quarter demanding testing of the water supply, ground water, and food. They werent asking for anything outlandish.

Pretty much people know it will take forever to get any compensation for what theyve lost and theyre getting flat refusals for common things like testing and etc. If they tested theyd have to admit there was a problem I guess. Most folks are taking a hit and moving, losing a lot, leaving their family homes andland theyve had for generations at a loss, etc. Theyre taking control of their own futures even though its at a pretty big sacrifice. Theyre still pursuing things, but right now they need to take action they feel is appropriate on their own.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, real news. I am impressed with this video. I am one hour in from the Gulf.
I was actually there last weekend, and I wondered if I would see anything on the sand.
I didn't, but I did notice they were selling fish, no thank you.

Alien aren't you down around the state on the Atlantic side?
You think our whole state is in trouble?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
Wow, real news. I am impressed with this video. I am one hour in from the Gulf.
I was actually there last weekend, and I wondered if I would see anything on the sand.
I didn't, but I did notice they were selling fish, no thank you.

Alien aren't you down around the state on the Atlantic side?
You think our whole state is in trouble?

Yuppers. You're on the west coast (I think) and I am in Palm Beach county.

I don't watch the news (TV) so, is this really the first time you've heard about it on MSM? And if so, maybe because the tests just came back?

Let us know what you find out Bird!!!

Best

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I apologize because I've become one of those 'out of sight, out of mind' person when it comes to the aftermath of the GOM.

Why do I feel a revolt against the establishment coming real soon and......on top of everything else?
I think people's thresholds have been met and exceeded when it comes to putting up with this government.
Now there's a constant chaotic vibration abound.

Not only don't they do the right thing after a calamity but.....they are creating MUCH of the devastation on this planet now-a-days anyway.
And if that is correct (which I wholeheartedly believe is) it's no wonder their response time in making things right, is shoddy. Do you really think they care? I mean....really????
I sure as hell don't.

And those requests from FEMA last week? I doubt very highly they care whether we have enough blankets should a disaster occur (which, they are priming up for). So GOM probably isn't high on their priority list at the moment. All they need to do is execute and deliver one more good hurricane up the Gulf again and bye bye to all the troubles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Check this link out and see what this OIL is doing to people down there....
Link:www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

BP should be made to have to bath in their oil for 1 week....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow... I've posted twice on how Corexit got into the food supply and nobody is listening....

FISH EMULSION!!!!!!

Non-edible fish, called the menhaden, are used to make fertilizers and fish oil supplements.

See my post here:

In that post, another poster shows that Corexit has an accumulative effect in biology... ie - it builds up slowly over time until it poisons you.

I've contacted one of the companies already and they said THEY DO NOT TEST FOR COREXIT!

Go look at the post...

S&F H_A for bringing more evidence to light on this. I'll be adding the video to it shortly.

~Namaste
edit on 28-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm about an hour from the "arm pit" area, meaning right below where the panhandle heads west - really there is nothing much on the coast in that area. I don't eat fish, and won't be eating shrimp - though the last time I bought them they were farm raised in Asia somewhere, which I thought was wierd.

I never feel very well due to my time in Iraq and vaccine injury so I wouldn't know if I was sick from the Gulf or not, I'd assume it was my other issues. I do have concern for my son though - I am glad to be down here after years up north - at least I don't shovel snow - but I rent, thankfully so if I gotta get out of here I can.

I don't watch TV either - I catch my news on the web and it seemed this story had died down a bit. I was impressed by your link though . . . it was, or seemed to be geniune reporting - something you don't often see.

Hope you are doing well Alien. Some of my "doom" feelings calmed down a little after all the lunar activity passed. (elipse and what not) Hope for you too, despite this issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

We were listening or at least reading your threads. But now it's on MSM and this entire world revolves around the television so.......

Thanks for staying on top of this. Your efforts and info is much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustCurious1
This is where the original story came from
News Story Chemicals..

Elevated levels of dangerous chemicals found in the crude oil from the Deep Water Horizon is now being found in our blood. Wilma Subra has been testing water and soil samples in Acadiana four for decades and what she sees in this latest study concerns her. A blood study that was conducted on four males ages 3 to 43 and one female age 38 in December of last year. Subra says the results of those tests have revealed elevated levels of six toxic and potentially life threatening chemicals associated with crude oil, most notably Ethylbenzene which has been linked to kidney damage and cancer.

I would like them to test many many more people, while having one person with these POTENTIALLY life threatening chemicals is bad enough. We need to know how widespread it is.

In addition to more tests on people, I'd hope test's are/will be carried out on as many different sources of seafood as possible.

edit on 28-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

They mention that more testing is needed in the story posted on the news stations website. Lets hope these 5 people are the exception to what they find.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette Biology Professor Paul Klerks said LEAN's study could be cause for concern. Maybe. "This is potentially cause for concern," Klerks said, "but it's a very small sample size of five, so it's really hard to tell with just a small sample what it really means as whole." In an e-mail sent to KLFY, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries refutes the study. The e-mail states all contaminated areas were isolated from use until testing could be done to deem them safe, and that testing of these areas will continue over the next few years. Klerks says the high levels found of ethyl benzene in humans and petroleum hydrocarbon in seafood needs to be investigated further. "They do point out potential issues, but we need to do a lot more research for both of those areas. At this point a lot more sampling [is needed] to get a better idea of really how important these issues are that are brought up in this study."

edit on 28-1-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Horrible. Terrible. Incomprehensible. Total negligence (once again)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
With all the harm it's done to people, try to imagine the full extent of the harm it's done to fish (and birds.) Some of the recent animal deaths may be a result of these poisons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join