Here come the space pirates!

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
With all the exploration going on in space (The mars rovers, cassini and countless other probes) it dosent seem unlikely that some type of "colinization" will happen within the next 5-15 years as long as we keep advancing with space exploration. Maybe we wont be chilling on some martian beach with a bottle of jack but I'm sure there will be more manned missions to space and the establisment of more space stations and so fourth. Now lets fast forward slightly past that, to a point where maybe those of us who are earth bound and have no invovlement with military/nasa/etc operations in space can be in space (Tours, as I said before - colinization and may many other things)... As it happened when the Europeans started exploring the oceans and the cowboys roamed the frontiers wouldent there be some sort of space pirates/cowboys? It defiently is a new frontier and there will be people (that are amoung us normal folk) that will want domiance of the frontier and so fourth. Woudent it be cool to fly around with your own personal ship with the cool weapons and shark teeth painted on front? I know for sure that I'd defiently be one who is all about exploring the frontier and exploiting it (Not for power gain or domination - but for giving gritty corperations a run for there money and keeping the frontier a frontier and not some neo-industrialist playground)... What would you guys do if we ever to make our way into space freely?

new topics

join