It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS the United States a Genetic ARK?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Apparently most of you seem to have failed at understanding the OP. Why exactly is this turning into an America vs the world thread? Why are you hanging on to a phrase I used, "the capitol of the world"? Call it whatever you want, thats not what my OP was about.

Thats easy! thats what every thread mentioning such things turns into!
Overall, most are significantly more interested in "debating" (i use that term loosely) semantics. Take a look at the vast majority of topics, on any message board, anywhere on the internet.

I was simply taking into account the racial diversity in America, along with the lenient immigration laws we have, and presenting one of my theory's.

Im not so sure i would call the laws "lenient." To get actual citizenship in the united states, it can be a long, expensive, and painful process. I am not entirely sure how it compares to other countries outside of north america, however. Now, i can definitely see the point if you are alluding to the enforcement of laws pertaining to those who have come here illegally. Would you mind clarifying so this one does not just go off on some random tangent? although, fair warning, i am pretty sure i do that anyway

The way i see it, the diversity within the united states, or lets say north america in general, is not entirely uncommon. I am pretty sure major metropolitan cities the world over have a wide range when it comes to diversity. Though, as i said, im not sure anywhere else equals the actual scale of which that happens in north america. And even then, i think true diversity still is mostly relegated to major metropolitan cities.

When do you think such a project would have started?

I suppose there is a possibility it began as happenstance, and then was allowed to intentionally happen at some point, but i have my doubts.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join