It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Supports Mid-East Protests: PM Harper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Excellent. Canada picks a side, and the correct one, over an opressive regime.

The Obama White House, as usual, stays pretty quiet and non committal on the whole thing. Is Obama going to take a stand on ANYTHING?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I agree..Even the US reaction is not what I expected..
They were pretty chummy with the Egyptian Government..
Are we all missing something here.???

Good call; the US (overt/public) reactions, or lack thereof, are a little bit too non-existant for my level of comfort.

Case 1: Tunisia; this I can understand as it is a smaller country to lesser ties with the US

But cases 2, 3, 4, and more, namely, Egypt, Yemen, and Lebanon -- you would expect more coming from the US govt., as they are all happening at the same time.

I am happy that they so far haven't stuck their noses into these other countries overtly, but it makes me wonder what they might have in store for the future....just feels like something is "up," and remember, they made quite the publicity statement about how Wikileaks would cause all kinds of "upheavals' around the world.

So they can always blame the leaked cables/documents, if they do indeed push some sort(s) of agenda(s).

I wonder what the future holds....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What reforms are the people asking for?

Sorry, I am not sure if I understood your question. Were you wondering what reforms the people of Egypt were asking for?

If that was your question, my answer would be that the people of Egypt are sick of their corrupt government, want jobs, food, and the fair necessities of life and are standing up for it finally. Cheers to them, I hope it works in their favor.

I don't know enough about this situation, I was all for the Iranian people and then some on this forum said those protest were not legitimate, praising the Iranian government.

I don't know what to think.

It depends on what reforms, and who comes into power, will anything really change in the middle east?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The whole middle east, the cradle of civilisation, is on fire. The days of imperialism by greed filled facists corporatism will end finally. And it is beginning where civilisation began.

May the next be Israel, where the jews will finally throw off their blinkers and comprehend that they as humans first and foremost, had been duped by zionist and robotic programming rabbis, and throw the yokel of their evolution.

Israel is a nation just like any other, a country fit for humans, free of any discrimination to pursue common aspirations in life such as peace, prosperity, equality, justice and progress. Cut the skin of a palestinian and jew and both bleed the same. We are one race, even though we have differences, and in the middle east, it is religion.

But as we evolve, we realised that we had been worshipping only the same Creator, that created us, loved and cared for us all. Of all differences, the arabs and the jews are the most similar. They both share very much similar traditions, but only one aspect is different.

That difference is that for the muslims, there are no clerical heirachy. Any that exists today are man made and was NEVER an imposition by the good prophet Mohammad, blessed be his name, who left and assigned no heir, as is such lack of authority by divine messengers.

That communication line to our common divine Creator is direct for the muslims that seek and comprehends the sacred Koran. No man thus has ANY authority to speak on behalf of Him and dictate to the masses. It is a personal journey, and that path had already been written out for the common muslim to follow on his free will.

The only clerical line had been Aaron for the Jews, but that line had long been cast out when the jews went into dispora. No other man can claim that status again, for mankind had evolved and on their own free will, turned into the direction of our Heavenly Father on their own free will, for centuries, and thus the mass annihilations of bilical proportions had stopped as evident in historical records from the bible, more so with the appearance of the Messiah.

The rabbis continued to cling on to their robotic beliefs, unaware that change is the only constant in life, or we humanity would have been wiped out far long ago if not blessed to proceed. And during the times of the Messiah, it had been the rabbis who demanded blood sacrifice of an innocent man, an abomination to our Creator on ANY human, even if the rabbis refused to acknowledged the Messiah.

Today, the same robotic rabbis still exists, and had colluded with greedy zionist hiding behind the bible as saviours of the jewish race, but only for their own personal gain, and such rabbis had misled the new generation of jews into hatred and apathied of their own brothers and sisters by divine creation.

The often excuse was that if the muslims grow in numbers, Israel would be overwelhmed. But by who? Only fellow brothers and sisters by divine creation, whom only practice a different form of personal worship of a common Creator. If the constitutiion of the nation comes with respect and gurantees to freedom of worship, the jews should never buy the divisive BS from the greed filled zionist. We are only one race - humans, with common aspirations in life and fulfillment of our destiny.

May the jewish people be the next to kick out the zionist thrash amongst them and grant freedom to the palestinian, including unity if possible, so that all arabs and jews will be free, free to live as humans and worship our common Creator in peace, seek for common aspirations in life, and evolve as one species into the stars.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by sonjah1

I also heard on CNN that the leading opposition is called "Muslim Brotherhood", and they were branded as extremists.

The Muslim Brotherhood are one of the original "roots" of Islamic extremists; dating back to the early 1900's...many "moderate" Middle Eastern/Arab countries, Jordan, Lebanon, etc. have had many "battles," and anti-hood ops over the years (anti-Muslim B'hood)...

I wonder... could Egypt be the next regime for the USA and friends to topple?

Not in its current state; the US et al. have supported the current regime for years--which is why the US overt support for the "revolution" is questionable--IMO...unless something covert is going on that we don't know about?

I don't believe everything I hear on CNN. I actually disbelieve almost anything. I just found it odd that they went out of there way to speak about the opposition in such a way without giving any examples why. But that is the mainstream media for you.

Good points you bring about, and if we think about MSM as being the "mouthpiece" of US government, what is the real agenda here? Is the US finally advocating a pro-Islam Middle East?

edit on 28-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: additions...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Harper is completely full of crap!!!
Anyone remember the G20 riots in Toronto????
They trampled on OUR democratic rights blatantly and got away with it but he supports other countries democratic freedom???
He doesn't even support Canadian's democratic rights.

You bet me to it friend , same goes for the America administration who are now saying the same retoric.Just take note of their black clad stormtroopers of peace huh ! Guess it is all good until it is their backyard .Star to you .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Excellent. Canada picks a side, and the correct one, over an opressive regime.

The Obama White House, as usual, stays pretty quiet and non committal on the whole thing. Is Obama going to take a stand on ANYTHING?

Harper responded very fast. They had it on the morning news, here it is almost 5:00 here now, and Obama still hasn't made a statement. CNN (Blitzer) has been talking about how the US gives Egypt upwards of a billion dollars a year, and then Fareed Zacharia comes on and talks about how there's been martial law there for 31 years, and the president there in power for 28 years.

CNN has also been talking about Egypt being one of the US's biggest allies. And then there's those billions of dollars of support for Egypt every year. That sounds like it might be hard to explain to the American people that he's for the people, but continues spending on that oppressive regime, when they're trillions of $ in debt......it's getting complicated.

Israel, CNN just said, doesn't want a regime change.
Canada is supporting the protesters.
Obama

edit on 28-1-2011 by snowspirit because: clarify, add

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join