It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to this forum in 2013?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

ATS will remain. I think it will be considered a conspiracy..... that TPTB just set up that year and time
to test our reaction, and that the real month and time will be.......(insert any date in the future)

edit on 28-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I'll have to make sure I am unsubscribed from the 2012 forum so I won't have to see the thousands of threads about it on the recent post page.

I wish we could "ignore" certain threads. Its like watching a trainwreck.... and I cant look away. ( grumble grumble.. people know everything and all of these insider information government plots and dont know sipr and nipr can and is accessed by civilians every day at work... )

I figure 2012 will slide on by and in 2013 some of us will be here being called disinfo agents because we say that 2012 passed and nothing happened.
There will be new dates and prophecies... and of course new govt contacts on the down low suggesting that the endgame was moved up to 2014 or 2017 ( as is already being said here) by tptb or the Mayan Calendar was wrongly interpreted in a plot to make them look silly and become ignored. IMO if people would stop looking toward a certain date like a holiday marked on a calendar, theyd see the world around them is in the process currently .. the change is now. Too bad theyre missing the history being made in the moment and too bad there seems to be only the minority here that understands that regardless of belief/religion/politics/country of origin, things are fluid right now and ripe for change.. but no one wants to push it in a positive direction. It seems easier to behave like a victim and spread the idea that it is beyond our control so we must sit back and wait for the "disaster" on this special date.

No doubt something is going on weird in the US and the world.. the super secret govtr insider information crowd cant see the truth through the fog of self imposed conspiracy and subterfuge. The world has already gone mad and I do believe that in 2013, it will still be mad if not of its rocker completely. The Forums should be booming.... poor Mods. If ATS charged a 2.00 fee for access in 2013 you'd probably be millionaires because if group think is a disease, this place is infected and some are like junkies thriving off of thoughts of dystopian futures and annihilation

That or we all blow up or something and it wont matter if Im wrong because you wont be here to tell me I told you so. Either way its a win-win for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'd say turn it into a 2021 thread. (if thats the correct date?) I remember seeing a lot of threads saying something will happen in 2012 or 2021 (again, I think thats what it was?)

Either way, I'd say just leave it for a few years because like some said, people will state that its a miscalculation and will be in another year or so.

We'll see

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A mass forum purge of threats OR just mass move to HOAX forum

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
IF no majo rdestruction of Earth occurs and we move right on into 2013, what happens to all of the Earth-shattering problems discussed here?

Just curious.

What do you mean IF, they just change the date as always they'll give an excuse why it didn't happen because someone got the date wrong and all the 2012 doom posters will post for the new date!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That is really the purpose of the thread.

For people to have "open minds" they must be willing to accept truth either way. If you constantly "Amend" your opinions when they prove false, why pretend to have an "Open" mind?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It will be renamed Feb 2017, trust me

btw, was there a 1999/2000/Y2K forum on these boards?
edit on 2-2-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That is really the purpose of the thread.

For people to have "open minds" they must be willing to accept truth either way. If you constantly "Amend" your opinions when they prove false, why pretend to have an "Open" mind?

To constantly "amend" your opinions, your mind has to be open enough to accept the amendments.
Not amending means not accepting . . the right or the wrong . . not changing . .not seeing . .

To maintain an open mind . . refine, refine.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I imagine what will happen is that the forum will stay up for a while to allow for discussion of the fact that nothing happened.... Then as time goes by, the forum will be changed to be a forum for discussion of a different topic.

That is what happened with forums in the past on ATS. I imagine that is what will happen with this one as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

You may express an opinion of whether a flipped coin will land on "heads" or "tails" you could be right or wrong. When it lands, however, the mystery is answered, because it is either a head or a tail. That becomes a fact. To disbelieve that the coin was flipped, or that it really landed on the opposite side in not revising an opinion - it is ignoring a fact.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by SIEGE

You may express an opinion of whether a flipped coin will land on "heads" or "tails" you could be right or wrong. When it lands, however, the mystery is answered, because it is either a head or a tail. That becomes a fact. To disbelieve that the coin was flipped, or that it really landed on the opposite side in not revising an opinion - it is ignoring a fact.

Do you intentionally try to make things "deep" ?

I may express an opinion based on facts that I am aware of, or maybe just things I "want" to see happen.
When the event is over, the outcome "is" the fact. To keep an open mind, I must accept what "did" happen,
adjust my opinion accordingly, and continue to try to see all possibilities once again. Refinement.

(In the above example, what if I believe that heads will come up more times than tails, after five flips?)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well nothing for at least 6 months according to the web bots. They have actually no knowledge or predictions availible from late December 2012 to around may to june. So it sounds to me like there is no electricity or the net is down for that time. So for the first 6 months or so absolutely nothing.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
in 2013 we will no longer need internet to communicate
so sadly ATS will exist no more

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The "Hoax" section will get somewhat larger.

And calender printers will give a huge sigh of relief.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Everything will still be discussed because the nature of our planet makes it inevitable; The pole shift is going to happen causing mass destruction, Yellowstone is still going to blow eventually, there is an asteroid somewhere in space with Earth's name written all over it, nuclear power and human conflict, gama rays, black holes, etc. It's going to happen and that's just pure science and history..just a matter of when.

Pole shifts have not happened in 200My. Why do you think one is going to happen int he next 200My?
Yellowstone may blow. Not all eruptive events are large.
A space rock hits the Earth every year with the energy of the Hiroshima bomb.
Gamma rays and black holes are improbable.

A big issue is humans and the devastation they bring upon themselves. Even earthquakes are a problem since we've seen fit to place large populations over active fault zones.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Pole shifts have not happened in 200My. A magnetic reversal may or may not be happening. No one can tell. What we do know is that the magnetic field is diminishing and has since it was first measured. On the other hand it is stronger than average right now.

Don't forget that the year 2000 was 2 dooms day events. The well known Y2K has overshadowed the planetary alignment that happened that same year.

In 2001 there was the true millennium movements.
In 2003 there was the Mars wrenching the guts out of the Earth claim.
In 2007 there was another hoax. I forget the details.
edit on 3-2-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Apophis? Didn't we already kill that guy?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Much like the show Millenium, it will probably get cancelled. Or people will talk about all the crazy stuff that happened on 2012

top topics

<< 1   >>

join