It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America gearing up for WWIII?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Looks to me like the foundation for a massive military boost within the next 10-15 years is being set.

All news as recent as today.

ROTC returning to "anti-ROTC" universities

Michelle Obama wants our children ready to serve military duty

Women to serve in combat

Military to accelerate end of DADT

Maybe it's just coincidence all of these are happening so close together.

It just strikes me as suspicious that Michelles big anti-obesity campaign keeps citing unfit for service and national security risk as driving factors while base health and quality of life rarely show up.

And out of nowhere universities that have been against the ROTC on campus since the protests of the Vietnam era (which had nothing to do with DADT since it didnt exist) are willing if not eager to get them back on campus.

I'm still skeptical on the mess that was DADT. Seemed like a non-issue to me when it was instated and seemed like a non-issue when it was repealed. I always thought it was just an easy out for anybody who didnt want to serve. I never found any stats estimating how many discharges were genuine and how many were falsified just total numbers without context. It was a big cluster#. From the militarys perspective DADT was simply a loophole to avoid service.

I cant help this feeling that there is a massive force building era underway.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You may or may not be right on the idea of war, we shall never know. Though there is the topics in the threads you stated there has been many other topics lately of things which could be discribed as preperation for hard times.

Personally i'd put my money on something bad, such as a major war or massive economic crisis in the western world relatively soon. Obviously i'm no sooth-sayer fortune teller thing, I am just going off what I see now and the possibilities for the future.

I say you best be ready

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In case you have forgotten, we have been gearing up for WW III since the end of WW II. We are simply continuing our upgrade efforts to always be prepared for whatever future threats present themselves. As the first atomic bomb dropped onto Hiroshima, we were creating a means of having a single device bring wreck and ruin on large number of peoples. Once the genie was out of the bottle, it can't be put back. With widespread nuclear proliferation, and the continuation of that trend, in thirty years many more nations wil have the bomb. Somewhere, sometime, someone is going to use it. Then an even worse genie will be released - the acceptance of nuclear weapons to START wars!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Obama's DOD Budget was a pretty big indicator to the world.

We already have 11 aircraft carrier battle groups with lots of other aircraft carriers sitting around waiting to be cut into scrap.

Obama's crazy increase in DOD's budget...means holy crap either we're building more Starships or something.

We already have more military hardware than the rest of the world combined. And Obammy gave DOD a crazy increase to their budget???

For what??

I think we're either leaving this planet on a bunch of starships or Obamma's gone off his rocker and plans on fighting the whole planet.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
With everything that's happening in the current news, it's starting become clear.
North Korea - South Korea
Israel - Iran/Palestine
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Irag
China and the currency
Russia and Nato
and on and on and on

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Obama's DOD Budget was a pretty big indicator to the world.

We already have 11 aircraft carrier battle groups with lots of other aircraft carriers sitting around waiting to be cut into scrap.

Obama's crazy increase in DOD's budget...means holy crap either we're building more Starships or something.

We already have more military hardware than the rest of the world combined. And Obammy gave DOD a crazy increase to their budget???

For what??

I think we're either leaving this planet on a bunch of starships or Obamma's gone off his rocker and plans on fighting the whole planet.

Funny ya say that, George Kavasillas has the theory we'll be 'transported' off with promises of a 'new future' on Mars (which is being terraformed). It's a right shame to think about.. Really. Anyways, it looks to be that there is plans to orchestrate yet another one and it seems to be building up quick with China's aircraft carriers and stealth jets and Russia's 'best nuclear bomb in the world'. Positive thought will help indeed, to stop this madness of the ego. No one's an enemy but our own ego.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It really isn't needed. The current numbers for the military are at/around 110%.
If the Govt needed more bodies, they would just re-active the draft.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
3 words: compulsory military service.
Many countries have it.. you must serve a term in the military after high school by law. That would accomplish his "education" demands when our educational system is a joke and in a shambles.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I am completely against that.
I don't want somewhere next to me who does not want to be there.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I am completely against that.
I don't want somewhere next to me who does not want to be there.

Me either. I was answering the OP. We need more bodies to fight all of these wars and Obama wants education and all of this mess with no money to spend on it. One solution would be compulsory military service. He has a thing for Europe and other methods of govt as it is..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Amigo,
As much as I dislike the trends this lady tries to start, She is right that kids today are not fit at all. Unless they are playing a sport, most can't get out of their own way. I see kids 14 -18 that come into my school and can't do 20 pushups or even 10 situps without problems. They have no stamina what so ever. At 62 I can out run them and out perform them in most physical endeavors. It takes 6 weeks,if they stay, to get them to minimal standards to do basic forms. A real shame!
Zindo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Got it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Try this tinfoil hat theory on for size. . . .

www.youtube.com...

A youtube video, from July 2, 2008. Just watch 16:00 to 17:00, to get what I mean. He's creating a civillian national security force.

Sorry, don't know how to embed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Imagine this scenario. . . .
Gays want to serve, but the mean ol' military is giving them a hard time. . . .
Poor kids, too fat to serve, mean ol' military giving fatties a hard time. . . . .
Women want to serve in the front lines, but the mean ol' military is giving them a hard time. . . .

So Obama creates the National Security Defense Force. The NSDF will monitor airports (say good bye TSA gropers) malls, train stations, bus stations, walmarts, barnes and nobles, krogers, just to keep us safe.

Don't you feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooo safe now?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I recall that -

Hear me out... I think the oppression everyone is waiting for will be free of guards,guns or police.
We carry tracking units around with us (cell) and are growing ever more dependent on technology, we don't have to,
however it is our nature to seek out ease. The end game will not be fought with bullets, it will be waged with
what you currently keep in your wallet. Track you, bill you, tax you and shut you down ANYTIME they like -
You are thinking 20th century my friend - war is money ultimately, so why kill a pile of people who could be making you richer? If everywhere stops accepting cash - do you have a choice in the matter? We will all be tempted to go with the flow, but who will know enough to and yell "stop" when we go too far down the river, who will listen???

edit on 28-1-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

No reason why both can't happen concurrently. He'll just have a way to "enforce" policies like that.
I wonder though, if the colour of their shirts will be "brown". . . . .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

No reason why both can't happen concurrently. He'll just have a way to "enforce" policies like that.

You mean Obama?

Ya his groups are getting built up here, they had a rally where they showed their drills, their guns are really awesome BTW. The uniforms are Red topped believe it or not, they are just here to protect everyone so don't worry.
There will be 1 million by march so I've heard, then they will go east and south. Tried to get a video, but I was not allowed to film cause I could damage the weird amplifiers

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by beezzer

You mean Obama?

Ya his groups are getting built up here, they had a rally where they showed their drills, their guns are really awesome BTW. The uniforms are Red topped believe it or not, they are just here to protect everyone so don't worry.
There will be 1 million by march so I've heard, then they will go east and south. Tried to get a video, but I was not allowed to film cause I could damage the weird amplifiers

Okay, now you're scaring me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There's always going to be government jobs and creating jobs is part of the government's job.

I'll reserve judgement about America possibly gearing up for WWlll but as America is always at war somewhere in the world, I'd say America is currently redirecting or diverting treasury wealth from the industrial to the military arm of her complex.

American industry grew fat from the previous WW's. No reason the industrial arm is not permanently gearing up for war of any description, anywhere in the world.

All part of the stimulus package.
edit on 28/1/2011 by teapot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join