It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans have to resort to such drastic measures as Egypt?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A big difference between the US and Egypt.

The citizens here are armed to the teeth.

We've been sending almost a billion dollars per year to Egypt for the past decades.

We could have BOUGHT that sand pile by the acre twenty years ago, moved out the residents, and had an abandoned sandpile.

Our politicians impress me more and more each day.

Just when I thought they couldn't surprise me with more stupidity . . .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
If you want to take your country back, that is what you have to do.

There is no getting around it, when powers get used to being in-power they tend to resist "CHANGE"!!!

Any thoughts of a color revolution in the US are treated as "TERRORISM"!!

If you are in the US then you are in a 21st century dictatorship that has the EW capabilities to alter your mind and make you docile.

Personally i don't think Americans have the will left inside to fight a clear and present enemy within, everything is locked down and any "DISSENT" or "RESISTANCE" will be treated as "TERRORISM".

Sorry my US brothers and sisters but "TOO BIG TO FAIL " has become "TOO BIG TO OVERTHROW ".!!!

But know this....

YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE ALLIES OVERSEAS WHO WILL BE HERE FOR YOU.

NEVER GIVE UP.

Cosmic...

Wow, this is a very good post, I may not like what it has to say, but it may be very true none the less, I was even alittle worried about posting this thread due to the terrorism thing, and that is sad, I love my country with all my heart and that will never change, but I hate what our agenda has been of late, our actions our not what America was meant to stand for, and yet as a citizen, I feel so powerless, I honestly don't believe our politicians hold much power either, even if they honestly believed in the betterment of man and their morals were in place, they wouldn't be able make change, so if our own commander in chief couldn't change the direction our country is headed, what in the world can the common man do? It's fustrating, a catch 22, the fact that my concern for my country could actually be considered terrorism! God have mercy on us America, a change will come, let us pray its not when these rich powerful families such as the Rockeleller's, have bankrupted us and squeezed every last cent that they possibly could out of us, leaving our country and people in shambles, I don't know what the future has in store for us, but it doesn't look bright from my point of view.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I understand what your saying, but doesn't it seem sad that we are told to fight, and we're not even clear on what we are fighting for, when actually more than likely we are fighting to pad somebody's pockets

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeoriaAZ
and yet as a citizen, I feel so powerless,

Just as the citizens in Eygpt, Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Jordan, Kuwait.

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON, DC – Protests have swept through the Middle East over the past two weeks, erupting in Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, and Kuwait. Though the protests appear to be driven primarily by national political and economic issues, and are thus for the most part not directly related, the surprising convergence has many Middle East-watchers looking for common strands and larger symbolism.

Civil unrest all over Europe recently too, some if it reported in the global press, some kept very localised, as with the protests in Stuttgard.

Differences in the methods used by protesting citizens, how the authorities deal with the situation and outcomes for the individual.

The contrast between Egyptian citizens,

english.aljazeera.net...

Security officers fired tear gas, water cannons and rubber bullets to drive the protesters from the square, where they had chosen to remain throughout the night in protest. An Al Jazeera cameraman was shot with rubber bullets several times, including once in the face, Makary said.

Telephone communication with people in central Cairo was nearly impossible, but Makary reported that the crowds, which had been peaceful, had been forced to escape the police, who fired dozens of tear gas canisters.

and the treatment they can expect if they take direct action to voice their disatisfaction with their government. Up to 20 are now thought to have died, both citizens and security (civil and military) staff.

Compared to Eygptians, English protestors have a relatively safe time of it;

www.periscopepost.com...

Police were also criticized for using the controversial method of “kettling” (the detainment or corralling of large crowds for several hours) to calm the protest. During this time, reported the Mail, several students phoned 999 to tell the police that they were being illegally detained (by the police). Much anger against the police also appeared on Twitter, where one parent wrote, ‘You. Yes you lot. You’re illegally detaining our kids. Let them go NOW. And don’t you dare raise a hand to them.’

So, in reference to the query in the OP, "Will Americans have to resort to such drastic measures as Egypt?" probably not until more citizens have seen their earnings and spending power reduced to unsustainable levels whilst the leaders continue to flaunt their wealth and privelege. Despite the widening gap between the American poor and those who own most of the wealth in America, there simply are not enough desperately poor people who have no foreseeable prospects under the incumbant regime, for a similar uprising to occur. For now.

This from a report into Egypt's Day of Freedom and Fury;

www.guardian.co.uk...

In the narrow side streets (Cairo) protesters regrouped, wellwishers on their balconies threw down water for those with streaming eyes from the tear gas. "Wake up Egypt, your silence is killing us," came the yells from below. Others shouted: "Egyptians, come down to join us."

Their appeals were answered with people streaming down from the apartment blocks: "We are change" and "Gamal [Mubarak] tell your father Egyptians hate him," were the cries.

Having less to lose can be liberating and liberty is self-empowerment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No one willingly gives up power.

Not one politician will give up his power or influence. He'll lie, he'll deceive, he'll cheat, he'll resort to any means to maintain his goodies.

Hate to use Hitler, but he didn't give a damn if his entire nation was destroyed to the last German.

No one willingly gives up his power, and will use force to maintain it.

Guess what it takes to wrest it out of their hands?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Not yet. Americans aren't hungry enough and even our poor and homeless are provided with food, shelter and basic needs. Out of a job? We have programs to help you get through those tough times; unemployment, welfare assistance, etc. Charity is a Christian concept and America was founded on Christian principles. There are plenty of churches and homeless shelters and various nonprofit agencies that work with our poor people. It's one of the reasons why so many people want to come to America. I don't see Americans as being in that dire of straits yet. Discontent is spreading yes, but are Americans starving and dying in the streets or being denied medical care and basic needs? No, not yet. If that changes then who knows? I think it's gonna take people to feel really uncomfortable before they stand up and demand change. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Not yet. Americans aren't hungry enough and even our poor and homeless are provided with food, shelter and basic needs. Out of a job? We have programs to help you get through those tough times; unemployment, welfare assistance, etc. Charity is a Christian concept and America was founded on Christian principles. There are plenty of churches and homeless shelters and various nonprofit agencies that work with our poor people. It's one of the reasons why so many people want to come to America. I don't see Americans as being in that dire of straits yet. Discontent is spreading yes, but are Americans starving and dying in the streets or being denied medical care and basic needs? No, not yet. If that changes then who knows? I think it's gonna take people to feel really uncomfortable before they stand up and demand change. Just my opinion.

By that time it may be too late...

This is my favoriite thread that I have started, I appriciate all of your feedback, there are several brilliant and informative comments, I would love to hear more

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Actually Americans will have to see themselves in personal danger before they take any action to foment change.
They still will hire illegals, shop for globalist slave labor goods and whine on the internet till the end of time otherwise.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack2011
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

They still will hire illegals, shop for globalist slave labor goods and whine on the internet till the end of time otherwise.

This is a sad truth you state here, I personally would never hire an illegal to work for me, so I could profit from an economical cancer, I think hose who employs illegal immigrant workers should be charged with treason, possibly even lose citizenship themselves, seems harsh but set an example or to, and it won't be a law so easily broken, this is ecspecially true in my parts, sickening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join