It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Secret Place on Earth: The CIA’s Covert War On Laos (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have not watched it myself yet, but I wanted to post it, just in case somebody is interested...

Documentary info/trailer: laovoices.com...

Info from site:

The Vietnam War was the most intensely televised war ever. However, next door in neighboring Laos, the longest and largest air war in human history was underway, which eventually made Laos the most bombed country on earth. The Secret War was the largest operation ever conducted by the CIA, yet to this day, hardly anyone knows anything about it.

Critics call it the biggest war crime of the Vietnam War era and point to striking similarities to the present conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan; similarities that were tested and set in motion back in Laos in the 1960s. In The Most Secret Place On Earth, key players of the Secret War– former CIA agents, American pilots, Laotian fighters and war reporters — take us on a journey into the physical heart of the conflict: Top secret Long Cheng, where the CIA built its headquarters in 1962.

It was from this base that the Secret War was largely planned and executed. As the war dragged on, Long Cheng became the busiest airbase in the world and a major center for the global opium and heroin trade. As we journey into Long Cheng for the first time — the site has been off limits to the outside world since the end of the war in 1975 — the film reconstructs the gripping story of the operation and illustrates its relevance to current American conflicts.

www.megavideo.com...

www.novamov.com...

www.vidxden.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
WHoa!! This sounds like a cool documentary please do post it i would love to see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by THIRDEYETRIPPIN

Glad you are interested! Each of the three links below the info, will take you directly to the docu; let me know, if you have any problems...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It aired last week on the ABC (Aust) network. I haven't seen it yet, though I did set the DVR to record it. I'll watch it tonight.

Actually I forgot all about it so thanks for reminding me

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes I too saw this last week on ABC , one of the most revealing documentries ever made and shown on MSN. Thankyou OP for highlighten this so more can see it .Star and flag from me .Flag this as much as possible the more that see this Truth the better .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sadly many innocent people are still killed and maimed there from ordinance dropped by the u.s 40+ years ago in laos/cambodia/vietnam.. Happens often when they clear land to try and farm to feed there families.. the war ended long ago but people are still dying from it..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
and while we're waiting on that documentary
to get posted. U can wet ur whistle on this one.

part 1

part 2

join