It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning execution caught on camera

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

Well look at it this waymno matter if religion was banned, they would find ways of creatng new conflicts if not over religion,then over culture differences.

Babaric acts like this has been carried out by humanity for decades. Just a pitty in this day and age, it continues,history repeats itself. We as humans never learn from our mistakes from the past.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
Oh god i had thought stoning people to death was behind us say for the past 250 years ....

i guess not.. this sucks.

If you thought that then I'd guess you're like a lot of other people in this world, shown too much useless crap disguised as news to know what really goes on out there.

It isn't a surprise to me since the British MSM has reported on this kind of thing for several years and there was also the infamous case where the entire international community were up in arms trying to save that one woman in Iran I think from the same fate and Iran eventually stepped down and decided to change the punishment to public hanging instead.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Well look at it this waymno matter if religion was banned, they would find ways of creatng new conflicts if not over religion,then over culture differences.

Babaric acts like this has been carried out by humanity for decades. Just a pitty in this day and age, it continues,history repeats itself. We as humans never learn from our mistakes from the past.

Religion will be made into a laughingstock by the Second Coming -- that will take care of religion. Then the religion will be cell phones, HD TV, Ipads, computers, the Internet, and sex.
edit on 30-1-2011 by SecondComing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by reatarded

Are you saying this is cultural norm in the western world? How many people would agree with it if you were asking random people on the street? 0.01% perhaps?
Also there is a big difference in killing someone for snitching if you are a criminal (since it directly endangers you), and stoning teenagers for victimless "crime" of adultery.

Yup, I actually know, because I have been to prison, and I have been around the gangsta culture since I live in a poor neighborhood.

You should stop watching TV from your big mansion and go outside so you can learn about the different cultures your own country has.

Are you saying stoning a snitch to death is OK? Is that what the action movies have thought you?

Thats simply not true:

pewglobal.org...

If you dont believe Pew Global, try to read some big islamic forums on teh internetz (sunniforum.com). Stoning people for adultery and death penalty for insulting Muhhamad is almost universally accepted there. Even from the video in the OP it was obvious that everyone agreed with the stoning.
I used to be like you, left-winger thinking that extremists are only tiny universally condemned minority among the muslim population, just like politically correct MSM preached. But then I actually researched the topic from independent sources.

Only actual terrorists are very tiny minority. But extremist opinions are neverthless very widespread, so is quiet terrorism support.

edit on 30/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Yup, sure, you just made me believe that stoning is Universally agreed

You know Maslo, if stoning was Universally agreed you would see it much more often, and much more often on TV because culturally, such punishments should be broadcast hence that's why it is done in public.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The great difficulty in this, and perhaps as heart wrenching as the loss of the two young people who made a mistake, or who perhaps were destined for one another (after all who knows the circumstances of the community or how she was betrothed, how treated by her husband, anything's possible we just don't know the whole story here) - is that the whole community were made into murderers, of their own children, their own brothers and sisters, future aunts and uncles, fathers and mothers, oh God, it's just so hard to fathom, so painful.

If anyone's observing, please pass long my prayer in memory of these children to the appropriate Taliban authorities, even to the townspeople themselves, for whom there would even be mourning and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, let this video circle back to them, let them contemplate it's meaning and significance in the larger context, of a universal love who is God and then let them ask themselves the inevitable question love always poses - was it loving? Did it utilize the highest faculties of loving conscious awareness of the kind which animates and revivifies the human being, was every effort made to do the loving will of God of the highest? Or was there a failure there, on the part of the community, a rip in the very fabric of life, which ties us all together in mutual participation, and therefore mutual love as well as suffering, and the willingness to suffer for the sake of the love of God.

A Prayer for the World

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Yup, I actually know, because I have been to prison, and I have been around the gangsta culture since I live in a poor neighborhood.

So, does gangsta culture make 80% of the US population? What percentage from random sample in the US would agree with killing snitches?

You should stop watching TV from your big mansion and go outside so you can learn about the different cultures your own country has.

There are some crazy and even "gangsta like" cultures here (gypsies..), but they are a minority, and darker parts of their culture are universally frowned upon.

Are you saying stoning a snitch to death is OK? Is that what the action movies have thought you?

Of course its not OK. But stoning teenagers for adultery is FAR less OK. Not all evil things are equally evil, assuming that is a fallacy.
And as I have proven, contrary to muslim culture, killing snitches here is not accepted by majority, but only gangsta culture minority.

You know Maslo, if stoning was Universally agreed you would see it much more often, and much more often on TV because culturally, such punishments should be broadcast hence that's why it is done in public.

Not necessarily. And TV in those countries is largely controlled by pro-western central governments, so they doesnt reflect real opinions of the population.
But reports of such punishments in media (just without the direct TV broadcasting) are quite common, so that kind of defeats your argument. Even internet videos like in the OP are refuting it (there you have your "tv broadcast"), more since internet in the age of smartphones is far more objective than TVs nowadays.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Your comment reminds me of something my boyfriend said when we were talking about the protests in Egypt and others and why we Americans just sit around and get mad instead of doing something like they are. He said its because they can't afford cell phones, plasma tvs, ipods, ipads, etc to burry their heads in like we can. He was being sarcastic, but it is sadly and partly true.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Not as bad as i thought it would be. The quality of the video really lessens the impact of the stoning, maybe if it were in HD and i could actually see what was happening maybe i would feel differently.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Man..This is insane.
Was it for adultery? If it was that is even worse. Put to death in one of the worst possible ways for doing something that is one hundred percent natural. Why? I don't understand it. I have a Muslim friend here, a practicing Muslim, and all he thinks about 24/7 is getting his noodle wet. Given he is only 20 years old. Can anyone that knows more about the culture tell me if all known adultery is punished this way, or punished at all or is this more likely a case of the woman being in a relationship with a powerful man in the community?

I don't agree with a lot of are exploits in the Muslim world, but a stop should be put to this bulls**t.

Also to Petrolcoin.. may the force bet with the Steelers and not the Packers!

If things go my way, I will be back in this thread to rub it in.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
A Prayer (In Memory of the Murdered Woman and Man in the Video)

Oh One God of Love and Light, who brings to us the human being this opportunity that is life itself, and who gives rise to and governs, by Love, the whole of the creation and of all that ever was, is, and is to come - have mercy upon us your human creation, concieved as we were in Your eternal mind and heart, to fulfill your promise, your hope and your destiny - we love you too in our innermost hearts and minds and hereby give thanks for your love, your light and your life.

We, who have born witness to your eternal glories, now stand here on the cusp of the dawning of a new age, an age of reason and of spirit, and of mutual understanding - but oh God of truth and mercy, we now fall at your very feet shedding seemingly unending tears of grief and sorrow, as we also bear witness to unspeakable horrors in our very midst, and in yours, acts of depravity and ignorance and insanity, including those acts committed falsely and with evil at heart in the name of "religion", acts by our fellow man in other parts of the world which we cannot turn a blind eye to since we all share the same ground of being and becoming and breathe the same air - that wrench our hearts and hurt us all very deeply to the core.

Please help us now, oh God of light and love in eternity while making Your Power, Your Glory, Your Justice and Your Mercy manifest here on Earth, and fill the whole Earth, in whatever way however fast or slow by your eternal and perfect will Who is even today willing all things to the good and the loving for the sake of one and all both on Earth and in Heaven as well. May your loving will oh God of hope, God of possibility, God of Life and Love persist, unrelentingly, penetrating the hearts of men and women the whole world over, in eternal persuit of the one lost sheep so that not one will be lost, or until at the very least every human being alive has been touched by Your gentle Hand and gazed upon lovingly under your all seeing eye that never sleeps, and unto which there is nothing under the sun now hidden, which will not be made known and brought to light.

Please help us God, to become, as an emerging Global Society, that creative realization which you intended for us all, as your very children the whole world over - from before the very foundations of the Earth.

Let Thy Perfect Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

"Blessed are those who mourn."

Oh God how we mourn today and at this moment in human history and in eternity - for the two young people who were murdered in the video, and for the entire human condition who falls woefully short of Thy Will, so much so in some cases, as to fall into the pit of the lowest depths of depravity and separation from your Love imaginable. Oh God have mercy on us all! We know we've failed you, failed your Love, your promise and your hope for us, please God shine your light and truth into the hearts and minds of us all, including our enemies, so that these things might pass away and fall into the abyss, while makind walks freed for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved by God, into a world where our committment to you as the spirit of Love, is reflected in all our love for one another. Amen.

May this prayer still find it's mark being still relevant while such barbaric practices still occur, may they come to an end, so that a new day can dawn all over the world. Amen.

Viewing discretion seriously advised!

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Here you go, folks: www.liveleak.com...

As you probably already figured, this video contains very graphic content. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband, cuz they stonin' errbody over there.

edit on 29-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join