It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning execution caught on camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

The Worst of Western Law: An innocent Western handicapped man physically and psychologically tortured for 20 years, before being freed for being innocent.

He has been wrongly convicted, so he was not innocent from the point of view of the law while in the prison. Also, there is nothing about torture mentioned in the link. Altough very wrong, this is hardly the worst of western law, IMHO, and certainly not as wrong as this story.
edit on 28/1/11 by Maslo because: addition

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Here you go, folks: www.liveleak.com...

As you probably already figured, this video contains very graphic content. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband, cuz they stonin' errbody over there.

LOL priceless hide yo wife hide yo kids hide yo wife hide yo kids the stonin' errbody.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Where in your source does it say he was physically tortured?

And yes innocent people get sent to jail, mistakes happen and it's unfair...at least they aren't being put in the ground and rocks thrown at their head.

Cripes, even the more medieval societies in the western world that still resort to the death penalty do it humanley.

If you have been to Prison then you know what physical torture means, if you have not experienced it and haven't heard of it in the media, then don't worry about it, doesn't concern you, unless you disobey your fascist government ofcourse.

Anyways, anyone who has experience both physical and psychological torture would tell you, that psychological torture is worst. Physical pain heals, but not psychological. The Western law psychologically punishes its population, through fines (economic hardship), through sleep deprivation, through isolation, through animalistic treatment etc..

A lot of the times the law enforcement agency intentionally or unintentionally punishes innocent people. It isn't just the law enforcement agency, but also the law itself which fails.

This isn't only true considering Western law, but also Sharia law, in case of this news (which hasn't been confirmed to be true or false).
edit on 28-1-2011 by reatarded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

"Wrongly convicted" is the word, yes, you are right, just like the word "collateral damage", or the word "accidental killing".

Wasn't the supposed stoning case also a wrong conviction?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Well for starters can you point out in the article you posted where the man was physically and mentally tortured?

Second -
The difference between the article you just linked, and the OP's article, is the deaf man is still alive, and walked out of prison an exonorated man. Why? Because we are human and we all make mistakes. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the 2 victims who were executed.

Third - The conviction of this man came on the heels of 18 hours of interrogation over 8 days, and a trial which involved a defense attorney for the accused, forensic evidence, testimony, written testimony as well as cross examinations all the while he was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

He was not dragged out of his house at 2AM, dragged before the 2 mullahs who passed judgment with no trial or other benefiets.

Let me be clear-
The deaf mans interrogation, 18 hours over 8 days, lasted longer than the 2AM house call, followed by no trial but judgment, and then executed all before breakfast.

So yeah, I will take our legal system anyday of the week and twice on Sundays over a religious law from the 9th century that is interpreted like its still the 9th century, with crime and punishment being doled out as if it were... wait for it... still the 9th century.

Anyways, its my opinion. I will point out though, and maybe you can prove me wrong on this, that you failed to challenge the info I provided about Sharia law.

Is what I cited correct or no?
edit on 28-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

The only way to bring these people into the 21st century is to utterly destroy their religion. I don't think that is going to happen though, not with how the world views that sort of thing.

This video clearly display's the reason that Sharia Law needs to be exterminated from the world. I know some one some where will have a retort, and quite frankly I could care less about that. The cold fact is this: We let them do this by doing nothing to stop it. The "War on Terror" is not going to do it, we need to completely and utterly destroy the entire lot. Leave your religion or die... that is the only way this type of thing won't happen anymore.

Again, I stress this, Organized religion is the root of all large-scale human conflicts.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
The "War on Terror" is not going to do it, we need to completely and utterly destroy the entire lot. Leave your religion or die... that is the only way this type of thing won't happen anymore.

While I find the OP article disgusting, and I am in no way defending Islam, but I wanted to point out that what you just suggested above, is exactly the manner in which Islam is spread. If you do not convert, you die.

Lets find another way to resolve the issue without stooping down to their level. As the saying goes, never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by Maslo

"Wrongly convicted" is the word, yes, you are right, just like the word "collateral damage", or the word "accidental killing".

No, it was not. There is a profound difference between being wrongly convicted of a real crime, and a brutal murder. This was a brutal murder, much more serious crime than a wrong conviction.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Yeah.. the video makes about as much sense as killing your daughter because she was "to westernized". And they wonder why Islam has such a bad reputation / negatively viewed by the West.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
How any human being can do this to another human being is way beyond me, it really is.

I can't bear to imagine the despair of these two young people as their fate is decided and their torturous execution carried out.

Cruel, bloodthirsty, basic heathens.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Well for starters can you point out in the article you posted where the man was physically and mentally tortured?

Spending 20 years in prison is physical and psychological torture, if you don't believe me, do something to get in prison.

Second -
The difference between the article you just linked, and the OP's article, is the deaf man is still alive, and walked out of prison an exonorated man. Why? Because we are human and we all make mistakes. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the 2 victims who were executed.

The deaf man is still alive, but shattered and mentally unstable for being locked up with violent criminals and mentally unstable criminals, for 20 years. Some might argue that death would be much better. I would once against ask whether you have experienced 20 years of imprisonment. After 20 years locked up in prison, prison becomes your home, being free after 20 years is another punishment, and another instability in the innocent handicapped man's life.

Third - The conviction of this man came on the heels of 18 hours of interrogation over 8 days, and a trial which involved a defense attorney for the accused, forensic evidence, testimony, written testimony as well as cross examinations all the while he was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, you are right, and that is exactly why I said you compare the best of Western law to the worst of Sharia law.

He was not dragged out of his house at 2AM, dragged before the 2 mullahs who passed judgment with no trial or other benefiets.

Yes, that's why I said you want to compare the worst of Sharia law with the best of Western law. You admitted yourself that the scenario didn't even follow the Sharia law. That is why I brought forward the 20 year psychological and physical torture of an innocent handicapped man, because the result was false.

The result was false, because the process didn't follow the Western law, therefore it was one of the worst product of Western law. Obviously there are worst, but just a Google search.

Let me clear-
The deaf mans interrogation, 18 hours over 8 days, lasted longer than the 2AM house call, followed by no trial but judgment, and then executed all before breakfast.

Let me clear-
18 hours over 8 days of interrogation, yet 20 years of psychological and physical punishment to an innocent man. Shows one of the worst results of Western law. 2AM house call, followed by no trial but judgement, sentenced to execution by stoning, one of the worst results of Sharia law. As you said yourself, the procedure didn't even follow the Sharia law,

So yeah, I will take our legal system anyday of the week and twice on Sundays over a religious law from the 9th century that is interpreted like its still the 9th century, with crime and punishment being doled out as if it were... wait for it... still the 9th century.

Well if you live in a gansgsta neighborhood in the US of A, you better not snitch, because the norm and the cultural law is death. The stoning case can be considered in the same manner. I wonder if you can see perspective, if you can't then you are not my problem, but just another product of the US empire.

Anyways, its my opinion. I will point out though, and maybe you can prove me wrong on this, that you failed to challenge the info I provided about Sharia law.

You said yourself that the proceedings weren't according to Sharia law, at least the Sharia law which is thought by Western media and the Western puppet regime of Saudi Arabia. Most of us who have studied history and religious textures know that stoning is not an Islamic law, rather it is a Jewish law. Even if we accept that stoning is an Islamic law, there needs to be a trial, 4 witnesses needs to be provided, and other detailed specifications. It would be kinda hard for four witnesses to witnesses a man and a woman commit adultery in Afghanistan, especially knowing the implication of such an action. It is almost impossible.

Is what I cited correct or no?

Perspective is the key.
edit on 28-1-2011 by reatarded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We have tried to get them to change their ways through diplomacy. We (non-Muslims) have been trying to hepl them see the problems with their religion and correct them, but they are so durned adamant about not changing ANYTHING because they feel it will go against the prophet Muhammad.

Seriously, what else can we do besides give them the same treatment they give the rest of the world?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by Maslo

No, it was not. There is a profound difference between being wrongly convicted of a real crime, and a brutal murder. This was a brutal murder, much more serious crime than a wrong conviction.

1. How do you differentiate between a brutal murder and wrong conviction?

2. How do you differentiate between kidnapping, physical/mental torture and wrongful conviction?

I hope you answer the above two questions.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Afghanistan laws do not allow stoning, so this murder violated not only moral laws, but afghani laws as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Religious (Sharia Law) supersedes state laws in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Just like Gangsta laws supersede state laws in the West?

Do you have perspective? Try snitching in a Gangsta neighborhood, your punishment will be either 20 stitches, or death, and it will supersede state laws, because those who gave you those stitches, or killed you won't be punished.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Not unless Sharia Law is officially recognized as the supreme law of the land by the judicial, legislative, and executive branches of the government in question. And if that is the case, then Sharia Law and state law are synonymous. So to say Sharia Law supersedes state law is technically an incorrect contradiction.

Having said that, the fact that the Afghan police stated they are pursuing justice against the people involved in this demonstrates that Sharia Law is not necessarily the supreme law in Afghanistan, at least not in this situation. Whether or not they actually punish these people is another story, but I believe the very fact that they publicly vowed to bring these people to justices shows that this is officially illegal in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I just watched the sickening video and I don't know what was more repulsive ... the stoning act itself or the close up of some of the people involved laughing, smiling and grinning from ear to ear as if it was a "special treat" and something to be proud of

I'm sure this will get me no end of flack and abuse ... but frankly, I really don't give a damn !

If they enjoy playing with their rocks and stones so much, then

NUKE the lot of them, their inhumane society that permits such barbarity and their sickening religious beliefs that condone, encourage and reward such barbarous behaviour ... all the way back to the stone age !

Just plain out and out animals is all they are ....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I nearly didn’t click your thread because it said video, then I thought no it will be ok he spearhead will have a statement for me to read, I’m glad I did click it and thank you for including the text.

It makes me sick and I can’t believe these people, really I can’t.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
NUKE the lot of them

So killing millions of innocent people in a nuclear attack because this group of individuals - most likely all Taliban or at least Taliban supporters - stoned two people makes logical sense to you? That would correct the situation to satisfactory standards in your mind?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join