It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning execution caught on camera

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
Disgusting ! Stoning people for adultery ? But no "law" against "dancing boys"
Why do you say that, do you know the Taliban laws?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I understand that TPTB at ATS are considering Stoning as a punishment for not following their rules.
2nd

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

Highly doubtful, but I heard they were considering cat -o- nine tails for people who put 2nd on one line posts when there is no need as a one line post that is contributing to the discussion is allowed and it is in fact the mods who decide what an ok one line post is / isn't and not some automated system!
(takes deep breath after really long sentence)
edit on 29/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Could you please explain what you mean by that answer?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by reatarded

Saying it is the coltural norm is easy to do when you dont see it.. Try finding the video, watch these people go through pain, watch them die and then tell me its the norm...

I have seen the video, I have read books, I have read news papers, read magazines, read blogs. I know much about such incidents, and I unfortunately have the ability to compare it to other violent incidents which occur in the West, for example the violent execution of snitches.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beansanmash

You're really defending the Taliban? Stoning is just used as a control device incorporating fear. Capitalizing on the lesser urges of man to demostrate how quickly one's world will be turned upside down if they go against the group in power.

No I do not defend stoning, nor do I accept it, nor do I think those implementing stoning is right. My opinion, but others have different opinion. Live with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Casaline

My God! You really put a lot of work into that. Ever read the New Testament?

Anyway, this stuff was culturally based and occured 1000's of years ago in a more barbaric time.

"We" don't stone people anymore.

Your point..?

Stuff wasn't culturally based, capital punishment and stoning was the law of the land as commanded by God all over the old testament, you could get stoned simply for practicing or preaching a different religion, adultery, disobeying parents, drinking, worshiping other gods, blaspheming God, witchcraft, stealing...the list is just too long to quote.

The New testament supersedes the Old one so these Bible laws don't apply anymore. Amazing how some of today's Christians cherry-pick from the Bible, the old testament is either quoted or completely denied depending on whatever suits them, the 'No it does not apply to us' is just one among many other cards in their big bag of tricks.

Don't like the Old testament? Check out the New one then;

Matthew - New Testament 15:1-9
1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,
2 "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!"
3 Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?
4 For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'

Lev - New Testament 24:17-22
"Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death.... You shall have the same law for the [foreigner] and for one from your own country; for I am the Lord your God."

Rev. - New Testament 13:10
...he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Rom. - New Testament 13:4
For [the governing authority] is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

The Mosaic law was still in effect in the New Testament according to Jesus:

* "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets... Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great..." Mat. 5:17-19

* And Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded as a testimony to them." Mat. 8:4

* "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do..." Mat. 23:2-3

* [Jesus said,] "Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? ... Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath?" John 7:19-23

One can not claim Christianity if one rejects Jesus (Peace be upon him) teachings;
'Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; ... If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.' 2 John 1: 9 - 11 NIV

So are you going to deny capital punishment in the New testament as well, does that not apply to you now? or may you're going to pull another magical card out of your sleeves? I know which one it is, 'The "Jesus will save me" card.

Next when Mr officer pulls you over for flying through the stop sign, who is going to pay for that $100 ticket, Jesus? or may be you'll pull the 'Does not apply to me' card, since traffic laws were a long time ago established, don't expect Mr officer to pardon you and releases you with all other reckless drivers because some high authority figure has just crucified himself, 'Go ahead son you are free, blow all stop signs and traffic lights, kill all pedestrians that walk on this earth, steal all the gas that you want,...' Imagine all the chaos....

That's exactly what's happening on planet earth, total chaos, due mostly and contrary to what most may believe not to religion itself, but lack of it, ie people not abiding by the laws and teachings of their respective books, we live in societies mostly depraved of any morals, who teaches morals nowadays, school? not really, where can you hear about them, TV? nope, newspapers? no, friends? no, so where can hear about morals? absolutely nowhere! it's all about the money! it doesn't matter how profane you are (profanity is actually a 'cool' thing for many), or if you are a liar, cheater or a ruthless killer, as long as you're making some serious dough you're the man of the 21st century. (why not, Jesus will save you, wouldn't he?)

Jesus will not save you, your parents won't, Obanana won't do it either, Democracy, 'Freedom' and all other man-made doctrines won't help one single iota, you've been warned by the son of Mary but you chose wishful thinking over scriptures: Matthew 7:21 Jesus, "Not all those who say that I am their Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. The ONLY people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do what my Father in heaven wants."

Not only Jesus did advise Christians to abide by the Old testament, but he also commanded them to follow a prophet that will come after him, the prophet of Islam peace be upon him, yes the very person everybody is actively and happily bashing 24/7;

"And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever, even the spirit of truth" John [15]

"When he, the spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear (from God), that shall he speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me" John [16].

is Mohammad peace be upon him a spirit? Spirit does not always mean the Holy Ghost… “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” (1John 4:1). So this means "false spirits = false prophets" and "true spirit = true prophet". And spirit itself in the Bible doesn’t mean HOLY GHOST, it means one who is spiritually inclined. Then it says right after: “spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God” . Fine, then let’s see if Mohammad (pbuh) confessed threw Angle Gabriel, Jesus’ coming: “Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations. O Mary! Worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down. This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point). Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah” (Quran 3:42-45)

More on this (if you don't believe in free passcards/meals)

There were no other religion but Islam since Adam peace upon him, it's only people that hijacked it from the middle-east twisted it and called it different names, all the prophets were Muslims including Jesus peace be upon him, do your own unbiased research and you'll come to the same conclusion like this Jewish Rabbi and many, many others.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Casaline

I have a problem with "State religons"..By the fact that they are a great way of controlling the populus.The PTB control is total when they have you Brainwashed.Islam is just the same a "Cult to far"..Take the ones stoning that young girl...All those monkeys have no education bar Islam! the only power they have is over their women..They can have wives a dozen if they can afford them..If one woman goes against the represion by "God forbid"doing what comes naturally they kill her..which will keep the rest of their females in a state of abject fear.I deduce that they are only ..A half a society, living in the mental constraints of a Cult. Bowing down five times a day with their backsides in the air just about sums it up.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A Prayer (In Memory of the Murdered Woman and Man in the Video)

Oh One God of Love and Light, who brings to us the human being this opportunity that is life itself, and who gives rise to and governs, by Love, the whole of the creation and of all that ever was, is, and is to come - have mercy upon us your human creation, concieved as we were in Your eternal mind and heart, to fulfill your promise, your hope and your destiny - we love you too in our innermost hearts and minds and hereby give thanks for your love, your light and your life.

We, who have born witness to your eternal glories, now stand here on the cusp of the dawning of a new age, an age of reason and of spirit, and of mutual understanding - but oh God of truth and mercy, we now fall at your very feet shedding seemingly unending tears of grief and sorrow, as we also bear witness to unspeakable horrors in our very midst, and in yours, acts of depravity and ignorance and insanity, including those acts committed falsely and with evil at heart in the name of "religion", acts by our fellow man in other parts of the world which we cannot turn a blind eye to since we all share the same ground of being and becoming and breathe the same air - that wrench our hearts and hurt us all very deeply to the core.

Please help us now, oh God of light and love in eternity while making Your Power, Your Glory, Your Justice and Your Mercy manifest here on Earth, and fill the whole Earth, in whatever way however fast or slow by your eternal and perfect will Who is even today willing all things to the good and the loving for the sake of one and all both on Earth and in Heaven as well. May your loving will oh God of hope, God of possibility, God of Life and Love persist, unrelentingly, penetrating the hearts of men and women the whole world over, in eternal persuit of the one lost sheep so that not one will be lost, or until at the very least every human being alive has been touched by Your gentle Hand and gazed upon lovingly under your all seeing eye that never sleeps, and unto which there is nothing under the sun now hidden, which will not be made known and brought to light.

Please help us God, to become, as an emerging Global Society, that creative realization which you intended for us all, as your very children the whole world over - from before the very foundations of the Earth.

Let Thy Perfect Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

"Blessed are those who mourn."

Oh God how we mourn today and at this moment in human history and in eternity - for the two young people who were murdered in the video, and for the entire human condition who falls woefully short of Thy Will, so much so in some cases, as to fall into the pit of the lowest depths of depravity and separation from your Love imaginable. Oh God have mercy on us all! We know we've failed you, failed your Love, your promise and your hope for us, please God shine your light and truth into the hearts and minds of us all, including our enemies, so that these things might pass away and fall into the abyss, while makind walks freed for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved by God, into a world where our committment to you as the spirit of Love, is reflected in all our love for one another. Amen.

edit on 30-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: The letter of the law killeth and the spirit giveth LIFE.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by Maslo
Afghanistan laws do not allow stoning, so this murder violated not only moral laws, but afghani laws as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Afghanistan laws? That's a contradiction in terms, an oxymoron to be sure.

No, it is not. Why do you think so?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
Disgusting ! Stoning people for adultery ? But no "law" against "dancing boys"
Why do you say that, do you know the Taliban laws?

The answer to your question about the question i asked. By the way ... It was meant as an "open " question, to draw a comparison.

My opinion is that child abuse is much worse than adultery. So ... If stoning is perceived as appropriate punishment for adultery. What kind of punishment would be relevant, IF there is a law relating to abuse and exploitation of women and children?.

Castration for not keeping his pipe in his pants

Are there cases, where abuse and exploitation have had impact on persons other than the victims? An argument could be, that there is not the same free access to women, as in western countries. Therefore it is possible to buy children and use them as toys. However. Abuse also occurs in more liberal countries on every level.
How ironic is that?

Cultural difference is easy to understand. But another thing is to accept it. Their laws and lack of laws and forms of punishment. Stoning and other such things. There must be other ways of punishment.
If not. This "law" is completely disproportionate !

edit on 30-1-2011 by flymetothemoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

I simply state getting kicked in the head to death is not much different than getting rocks thrown at your head till your dead.

Cultural norm.

In US you could get tortured to death in certain areas if you snitch. I know it is an extreme minority which accepts such violent acts, but you should also accept that an extreme minority in Afghanistan accepts stoning.

Get over it, everyone is not like you, some people would rather die than to be like you and that's exactly why American soldiers are dying in Afghanistan after 10 years of occupation.

You asked for it, sorry for the irritating commentary.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

I simply state getting kicked in the head to death is not much different than getting rocks thrown at your head till your dead.

Are you saying this is cultural norm in the western world? How many people would agree with it if you were asking random people on the street? 0.01% perhaps?
Also there is a big difference in killing someone for snitching if you are a criminal (since it directly endangers you), and stoning teenagers for victimless "crime" of adultery.

I know it is an extreme minority which accepts such violent acts, but you should also accept that an extreme minority in Afghanistan accepts stoning.

Thats simply not true:

pewglobal.org...

If you dont believe Pew Global, try to read some big islamic forums on teh internetz (sunniforum.com). Stoning people for adultery and death penalty for insulting Muhhamad is almost universally accepted there. Even from the video in the OP it was obvious that everyone agreed with the stoning.
I used to be like you, left-winger thinking that extremists are only tiny universally condemned minority among the muslim population, just like politically correct MSM preached. But then I actually researched the topic from independent sources.

Only actual terrorists are very tiny minority. But extremist opinions are neverthless very widespread, so is quiet terrorism support.

edit on 30/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Oh here we go, lets have a pissing contest, shall we, to see which religion is the worse out of them all shall we?

Or we could easily bann religiion as a whole then there wouldnt be any of this babaric acts carried ouit by anyone.

As I have said previously if this is religion, then I spit on it, it has no place in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Oh here we go, lets have a pissing contest, shall we, to see which religion is the worse out of them all shall we?

Or we could easily bann religiion as a whole then there wouldnt be any of this babaric acts carried ouit by anyone.

As I have said previously if this is religion, then I spit on it, it has no place in this day and age.

What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

Certainly -- I'm all for banning religion, altogether. But I'm against people who are so into their own wickedness (their religion) that they tolerate it, but not someone else s religion -- that's what starts war and feeds hatred.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join