It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning execution caught on camera

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

If I was to take your offer secondcoming, with this religion thing, do you thing I will last till christmas

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
I die a little inside everytime I see things like this.
Honestly what the heck is wrong with this world...
The terrible thing is I barely react to these events anymore, all you'd get out of me is a sigh... I have no problem with religion as a whole, but when people use it in the name of violence and killing it makes me sick to the very core of my soul.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

I suppose I'm "fortunate" in allowing that video of the stonings to move me to tears. Oh God that was just so inhumane and... unGodly.
How can such a thing still happen anywhere in this day and age, and how many times would a bodhisatva type soul have to reincarnate until such things have become a thing of the past.

Taliban... what a disgrace and an abomination against God and mankind, and by extension, the whole of creation.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

and the answer is NO bytheway!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
Jesus said it best...Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Indeed. He was not for stoning an adulteress.

"Did not one condemn you? Then neither do I condemn you."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

How about the Christians and the Jews -- they way they have treated prisoners of war "against the radical Islam" -- where they are beaten, humiliated, water boarded -- how did those films make you feel.

How did it make you feel to realize that "In the name of fighting radical Islam" the USA and allies killed thousands of Iraqis and Afghans? You don't hear yourselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountain40
I watched this video a few minutes ago as I drank my morning coffee. Viewers may not like this video much, but really, how does this affect anyone here? Does it really matter if a bunch of whacked out wild eyed fanatics kill each other 10,000 miles away? Nope and nope.

You have a lot to learn about what being a human being really means.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
These people are sick, especially the Mullahs whom I'm sure must relish the oportunity to order such a horrible sentence to be carried out, knowing that for them it is a display of power over a people who for centuries have been brainwashed into believing they are merely carrying out the directives of a loving and mighty God. Christianity was just as bad during the centuries when the Catholic Church used the powers given the Inquisition to torture and murder millions of their own, for the sake of amassing wealth and gaining even more power by the use of fear. I've often wondered just much further ahead the human race would be in the peaceful use of sciences, were it not for a religion corrupted by those who used people's fear of death as a relatively simple way to gain the control over the masses that would cause them to become not much more than slaves, without their even realizing it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
These people are sick, especially the Mullahs whom I'm sure must relish the oportunity to order such a horrible sentence to be carried out, knowing that for them it is a display of power over a people who for centuries have been brainwashed into believing they are merely carrying out the directives of a loving and mighty God. Christianity was just as bad during the centuries when the Catholic Church used the powers given the Inquisition to torture and murder millions of their own, for the sake of amassing wealth and gaining even more power by the use of fear. I've often wondered just much further ahead the human race would be in the peaceful use of sciences, were it not for a religion corrupted by those who used people's fear of death as a relatively simple way to gain the control over the masses that would cause them to become not much more than slaves, without their even realizing it.

The Catholics are worse now, and they are propped up by leaders of industry who, with the Church keep the people under control.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've railed against that from the outset, all the way down the line and those who authorized the policies, they are certainly no better, not at all. Over a MILLION innocent people were killed this past decade.

Saddam Husein was not good guy who could have been removed strategically if needed, but these Taliban with their Sharia law OMG there are no words.

Evil is evil is evil - there is no justifying it with another evil, no moral equivalency, it's not a "tit for tat" type of thing, but needs to be condemned and rejected wherever its found in whatever form, let us not be stupid.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

As you said yourself that was War, so are you saying you are in support of this stone to death? All I see is hypocracy. No one is perfect.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Very well said...I have not watched the video. But just reading about it brings tears to my eyes and great sadness to my heart.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Evil is evil is evil - there is no justifying it with another evil, no moral equivalency, it's not a "tit for tat" type of thing, but needs to be condemned and rejected wherever its found in whatever form, let us not be stupid.

And baloney is baloney -- your "We're OK and they aren't OK" is terrible.

The Afghans say "It is our law, and we have to maintain law and order".

I don't like killing people for adultery, of course not. But the hypocrisy in "civilized" countries is disgusting -- and everyone acts as if it is OK, it is not OK and very few people speak up against it.

The Pope is revered when he ought to be dragged through the streets behind a team of horses until dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

With all due respect, 19 year olds are NOT children. Again, some goatherders stoning each other 10k miles away from my front door has NO impact upon my life. If that young woman being stoned was done like that in front of her family, and they just stood there and allowed it to happen without a hint of resistance, well, they have that girls blood on their hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

actually throwing a stone into a woman's head to cause injury, this is such a phsycotic practice! What gives them the right to throw a stone and injure another person? Nothing could justify this horrific injustice.

Over half the western world have the specific instruction to do this in their bibles,

If though shalt not steal is right then so is this, blame the invisible man in the sky

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Itis in the bible but we have evolved to be selective in which bits to apply. I belive that moslems have done the same thing in general. Stonings are not common to all Islamic countries.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Perhaps a better way to put is: "We haven't evolved to not believe in something which never made any sense, and certainly does not today -- just like the Islamic faith."

Faith based upon the Bible is wicked.

link   

No one should be dragged until dead, not even the living dead in the case of Ratzinger.

And of what use is fidelity in a marriage union, if its transgression involves being stoned to death?

Love is not love, unless it is free.

Such things involve an assumption about people and the human being, that if he or she is not controlled, everyone will automatically default to an animal nature and run wild, but this is not what really motivates the human being or moves the human heart.

The central tenet of Christianity, is one of liberation from the sickness of evil, by love, freed for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved.

"Love, and do as you will."
~ Augustine

So many people, including many on these boards, do not seem willing to open their mind and make use of their higer faculties of reason, logic, and intuition, and many of their opinions are worthless in the light of truth and add up to nothing of any value, especially when driven or motivated by contemptuous bias.

The reader reads and sees, and understands however, in that I have SOME faith, thank God.

edit on 29-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

link   
reply to post by mountain40

Here, I fixed it for you:

Again, some nazis gassing jews 10k miles away from my front door has NO impact upon my life.

First they came for the adulterers, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a adulterer.
Then they came for the blasphemers, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a blasphemer.
Then they came for the atheists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a atheist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Human right abuse should at least concern you even if it does not have an impact upon your life. Yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The Pope is revered when he ought to be dragged through the streets behind a team of horses until dead.

SERIOUSLY???? 'KILL THE POPE'????...and you accuse me of naively putting words in your mouth?---How very sad.
Nevertheless, thank you for contributing the above opinion, Secondcoming, t clearly speaks volumes about your capacity for logic, reason and informed discussion. Fellow ATSers take note.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by space cadet

actually throwing a stone into a woman's head to cause injury, this is such a phsycotic practice! What gives them the right to throw a stone and injure another person? Nothing could justify this horrific injustice.

Over half the western world have the specific instruction to do this in their bibles,

If though shalt not steal is right then so is this, blame the invisible man in the sky

What an ignorant view of God as the spirit of truth and love and the very cause of all creation. Few except the fundies hold to this view of God, so shooting down the strawman God as bearded man in the sky, is a fools errand to begin with. Although it is unfortunate what religious ignorance causes that's for certain, but these attacks are ill informed about the nature of faith in God as higher power and spirit of truth, life and love. How hurtful to those with faith, to make these statements.

What's WITH SOME OF YOU PEOPLE?!!! Can you not think and reason at a higher level than that?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join