It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning execution caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Stoning execution caught on camera

au.news.yahoo.com

A video, which is too graphic to show here, has emerged of the brutal and horrific stoning execution of a couple for alleged adultery in a remote region of Northern Afghanistan.

Hundreds of villagers in the Taliban stronghold of Dashte Archi, in Kunduz, can be seen standing around as the woman, Siddqa, is buried up to her waist in a hole in the ground.

Two mullahs pass sentence before the crowd begins to throw rocks at her head and body as she desperately tries to crawl free, according to a report in the Daily Mail newspaper in Britain.

The 19-year-old collapses, covered in blood and apparently alive.

A Taliban fighter shoots her three times in the head with an AK-47.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28/1/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You clicked this link because you saw...'execution' & 'video'....
I can't find the video nor do I want to. Maybe someone else will throw it up with the headline 'GRAFFIC'.

Propaganda? Butchery? Neolithic behaviour? I don't know. It's just messed up that this still happens?
I'm not mad, nor am I empathetic.
Do I want to see it? No. Do I care for it? No.
Is it thrown in my face like a cream pie? YES. Am I expected to swallow the pie of hate? YES!
What does it taste like? You be the judge....

au.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
You clicked this link because you saw...'execution' & 'video'....
I can't find the video nor do I want to. Maybe someone else will throw it up with the headline 'GRAFFIC'.

Propaganda? Butchery? Neolithic behaviour? I don't know. It's just messed up that this still happens?
I'm not mad, nor am I empathetic.
Do I want to see it? No. Do I care for it? No.
Is it thrown in my face like a cream pie? YES. Am I expected to swallow the pie of hate? YES!
What does it taste like? You be the judge....

au.news.yahoo.com

It is the norm of the country, abide by the norm and the law.

I could post a torture within US prison and claim how messed up is it that this still happens, that people get tortured physically and psychologically for stealing, to survive in a capitalistic environment.

Those who commit adultery in Afghanistan know the cultural norm, and the cultural norm.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yeah, God loves them all! I don't care of its the law. The only reason why people would stone other people is the pure fact that they enjoy it. Regardless if its right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Oh god i had thought stoning people to death was behind us say for the past 250 years ....

i guess not.. this sucks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well if found guilty of this crime (not if they were or weren't or if you think it is a crime itself) it's what the good book prescribes as a just punishment.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

As people are so fond of pointing out, just because its a "law" does not make it right. Nothing like cold blooded murder in the name of religion.

I particulalry like how the couple was lied to by the Leaders in order to get them to return to the village.

Granted the legal system of the US is not perfect, but at the very least we are afforded basic rights, like presumed innocent until proven guilty. We allow the use of forensice as well as written evidence, where Sharia does not. We allow for the direct cross examination of witnesses, where Sharia does not.

That info aside (there is more but you get the idea) I dont see anywhere that there were 4 direct witnesses to the crime of adultry, which is required under sharia law.

And since when did the Taliban even follow Sharia law? We can cite many cases where people who comitted murder were sentenced to death but were forgiven by the affected family. Under Sharia law that is permissable, and the life is spared. However, the Taliban drags them out onto the soccer field anyways and executes them.

Not to mention the forcing of religion on non muslims. Why should they be forced to comply with Islamic Law?

You cannot dictate through a religious doctrine who someone falls in love with.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Dang!! that is a brutal way to die. But she did know the laws of her people. I need to find this video if anyone finds it could you please post a link.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Savages, the whole lot of them (in the video), I'm not one for endorsing violence, but that entire crowd needs a cargo plane full of rocks dropped on them from an extremely high altitude.

What gives them the right to treat other human beings like that? (That question is not to be answered as I know some smart alec is going to respond with "their law" or similar, and that is not an answer)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by THIRDEYETRIPPIN

But she did know the laws of her people.

This is why democracy is one of the most stupid ways to govern a country, especially undeveloped ones. Average person is simply too primitive to make important decisions.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I would like to see the video please. As is said numerous times in the ufo forum no video=no proof. Anyone have a link or seen this so called stoning?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is right up there with mutilating little girls and women. Sick sick sick. I could not imagine even one person throwing a stone, let alone an entire community revelling in the act of physically stoning a person, actually throwing a stone into a woman's head to cause injury, this is such a phsycotic practice! What gives them the right to throw a stone and injure another person? Nothing could justify this horrific injustice.

Edit to add: the laws of my land only allows capitial punishment if it is agreed upon and only for certain charges, adultry is certianly not one of them. That is between a man and a woman, not the community, to work out, without violence.

One more reason I am glad, extremely glad, that I live in America.
edit on 28-1-2011 by space cadet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

Yes, I have just watched it, and no, I will certainly not post a link to it, apart from probably being against the T&C, it is just wrong.

Google for it, it is there, ITN news have a heavily edited version.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pardon me:

Insanity number #1:
You have taken the worst of Sharia law and compared it with the best of Western law. Are you willing to compare the worst of Western law to worst of Sharia law?

The Worst of Western Law:

An innocent Western handicapped man physically and psychologically tortured for 20 years, before being freed for being innocent.
- Source -

At this point I'm sure you understand what I mean, if you don't, please ask for further explanation.
edit on 28-1-2011 by reatarded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naptown317
I would like to see the video please. As is said numerous times in the ufo forum no video=no proof. Anyone have a link or seen this so called stoning?

Nevermind
edit on 28-1-2011 by SKinLaB because: Changed my mind

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Good choice

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I would not want to see this stoning. If it is true how dare they do such a thing. Also was the man stoned too. I still do not condone stoning. THese are fundamnetalists of the lowest order. Islam needs a reformation to chuck out the fundamentalist elements for a time.

Rather than Fatwa or jihad Islam should reassess the religion, take the best and leave the worst to the dustbin of history.

I do not even support the death penalty but that is another story.

edit on 28-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here you go, folks: www.liveleak.com...

As you probably already figured, this video contains very graphic content. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband, cuz they stonin' errbody over there.

To the moderators: I apologize if posting that link is against the T&C. I do not know if it is or not. If so, I will remove it.
edit on 1/28/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Where in your source does it say he was physically tortured?

And yes innocent people get sent to jail, mistakes happen and it's unfair...at least they aren't being put in the ground and rocks thrown at their head.

Cripes, even the more medieval societies in the western world that still resort to the death penalty do it humanley.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Savages, the whole lot of them (in the video), I'm not one for endorsing violence, but that entire crowd needs a cargo plane full of rocks dropped on them from an extremely high altitude.

What gives them the right to treat other human beings like that? (That question is not to be answered as I know some smart alec is going to respond with "their law" or similar, and that is not an answer)

Spot on. I've just seen the video and it's medieval. It's like watching a throw back to the Middle Ages, and for what... adultery.

It's incredible when you peer into how Islam regards adultery, and witness first-hand the hypocrisy and falseness of it all.
www.islamonline.net.../FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503548032

I don't know what it takes to haul a people/mindset like that into the 21st Century.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join