It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dead space 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i've been playing it and it's an awesome game, but that roll over add is doing my head in.

Just had to express my frustration.

Thanks

edit on 28/1/11 by masqua because: Cleaned censor circumvention from title

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Is this what your talking about? www.ea.com...

If it is, I just watched the trailer and I am now putting my boots on to walk up Game Stores to spend some hard earned cash on a new game! (Hope my humble Radeon 4870x2 is still up to the challenge, it hasn't failed yet)
edit on 28/1/11 by woogleuk because: Misread post

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

He's saying that he is seeing the ad on this site and when he accidentally moves the mouse over it again and again it pops up and plays haha.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Aye, misread it. Game haven't got it in though, gonna have to order it off Amazon or something, hope those pesky 4channer's don't get my CC no.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

He's saying that he is seeing the ad on this site and when he accidentally moves the mouse over it again and again it pops up and plays haha.

That fekin popup is a pain..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

(Hope my humble Radeon 4870x2 is still up to the challenge, it hasn't failed yet)

I just bought a couple of GTS 250's and dumped the radeons..
Awesome and damn cheap..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I used to stick to Nvidia, but the Radeon gives better performance on the Wii emulator, and the 4870x2 is a good bit better than the Nvidia GFX280, so its still a good card, although I think I might go back to Nvidia on the next upgrade.

Anyway, games ordered, should have it next week!
edit on 28/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Cool..I put one GTS250 in wifes comp..
WOW on ultra settings runs smooth..
BTW, I hate wow..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by backinblack

I used to stick to Nvidia, but the Radeon gives better performance on the Wii emulator, and the 4870x2 is a good bit better than the Nvidia GFX280, so its still a good card, although I think I might go back to Nvidia on the next upgrade.

Anyway, games ordered, should have it next week!
edit on 28/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Yeah I played the demo, it was great. There's a lot of amazing games coming out this year, especially on PS3, need to start saving up!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I agree. What makes it worse is that my ISP doesn't like downloading it and sometimes freezes. Conclusion? It's annoying as hell.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've got adblock so I can't experience the annoyance you must be. Looks like a good game will have to look further into it

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Thats a very good point, I would like to add to that....most adverts are based on Adobe Flash, there is an addon for firefox called "flashblock" which replaces the ad with a little play symbol, giving you the option if you want to view it or not.

Not sure if flashblock is available for any other browser.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I use Chrome, so i'll look into it.. by the way, the game absolutely rocks.. i downloaded the iso and then purchased a CD key separately and it just blows my mind, turned the lights off with a big screen LCD and surround and i absolutely sh*t myself

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You guys still pay for computer games lol. Even went as far as downloading an ISO and purchasing a key separately? WOW , anyways, Nvidia GTX 470 EVGA SUPERCLOCKED for the WIN!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
REMINDER:

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use.... that everyone agreed to abide by when registering.

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

And fair enough too..
Though I watched the ad and now it just annoys me cause I keep rolling over it..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yep, if you're on dial-up and are trying to download something, that add is diabolical. I've had to close firefox about 6 times tonight to stop it loading. Does a successful company have to resort to such unethical marketing tricks?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Please direct your comments to the Dedicated Worst ATS Ads thread.

Better results every time.

closing

top topics

join