It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 24 Hours of One Day In One Single Photo

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wasnt quite sure where to post this but this is amazing......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cafb071eecd.jpg[/atsimg]

This spherical panorama was made over the course of 24 hours by Chris Kotsiopoulos, showing an entire Athenian day in one single picture, with 500 star trails, 35 Sun images and 25 landscapes. Here's how he did it: I began the shooting the morning of December 30, 2010, taking photos with my camera on a tripod facing east. The day portion of this shoot is composed of a dozen shots covering the landscape from east to west as well as the Sun's course across the sky, from sunrise to sunset. I recorded the Sun's position exactly every 15 minutes using an intervalometer, with an astrosolar filter adjusted to the camera lens. In one of the shots, when the Sun was near its maximum altitude, I removed the filter in order to capture a more dramatic shot that showed the Sun's "glare." After sunset, I took various shots with the camera facing west-northwest in order to achieve a more smooth transition from the day portion to the night portion of the image. The night portion is also composed of a dozen landscape shots but this time from west to east. After the transition" shots, I took a short star trail sequence of approximately half an hour duration, with the camera facing northwest. At 7:30, I turned the camera to the north and started taking the "all-night" star trail shots — lasting almost 11 hours. After accomplishing this, I then turned the camera to northeast and shot another short half an hour star trail sequence, and then finally, with the camera now facing east-northeast, I took a series of night-to-day transition shots. The beautiful result took him 12 hours to process in the computer.

Link to picture and website

Link to photographers website

edit on 28/1/2011 by booda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nice image
not sure where it belongs either? besides my Bookmark Manager

did you read some of the posts on that site? And I thought we were a critical bunch...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Phenominal image there!

Great find op!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
that's amazing!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That image is incredible. It's one of those genius ideas that you can't believe hasn't already been done a million times. Very cool.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ive just updated the OP with a link to his website...

Photographers website

he has some incredible images on there.....I have been learning a little about shooting the stars with my cheap camera...but have been taking lots of pictures and stacking them....I obviously need a lot more experience and better equipment to get to this standard....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
that pic is amazing..wonderfful job thanks for showing us S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
auld

www.youtube.com...

he just saw this and thought "hey i can do that for realz!".

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I think someone mentioned making this into a clock.....that would be an awesome clock.....I'll see if he's selling these as prints....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
id buy that clock
sweet pic

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Ive emailed him so waiting for him to get back to me with prices.....hopefully I can turn this into a clock....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Amazing. never seen anything like it!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Thanks for the link and post. Those were some of the most increadable pics I've seen.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Flickr is full of shots like this .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Amazing work this photographer does. Did you check the animations - wow!

Good find - thank OP S @ F

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Amazing! S&F It'd make a great album cover too!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Wow, what a breathtaking photograph! I love the concentric circles the star trails make. Absolutely beautiful. I really hope that the photographer is selling prints. S&F, thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Guys, I was wondering if you be so kind as to vote for this picture from this link.

Cheers

bb.nightskylive.net...

top topics

join