It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Reading List FOUND*****

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think its going to be hard as I don't know the title or the author. All I can say is the lodge was in London and the author was black and looked like royalty like a prince or king .
I am searching still ,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Did you find Christ after your trip to Edgar's reading room? I am just wondering.
I absolutely do not believe in the Bible anymore, when that book lost its mysterious strangle hold over my mind a different perspective of the world opened up. So I do not believe in Satan.
I don't believe in Scientology either. I just don't believe.
I lost my Religion when I got sent to War.
This is when I woke up to the fact human beings really don't think for themselves.
I believe the real truth trancends all religions which are distorted oral histories - but that is a different thread.

The only thing evil in this world . . . is man.
Man uses worship to his advantage to exert a type of group think and action, be that good worship or bad worship - it is "group think" that has the power - not the entity.
But:
We alone are responsible.
Far easier to blame God or Satan isn't it for the behavior of man and earth, for blessings or downfall? When we look within and discover the responsiblity lies there, and nature is out of our control - the world seems terrifiying without order. So we create mythology and secret societies to bring about order.

edit on 28-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
The two things that stook out was that the author was over 100 years old !!!!! - Plus he was WAY WAY over 33 degree which all the masons say is the highest rank .

No Freemason will say that. To a man, each will say that the "highest rank" in Freemasonry is the 3rd, or Master Mason degree. All others are of appendant orders and do not confer any additional "rank" or authority.

All Masons will say, however, that most systems numbering their degrees higher than the 33 of the Scottish Rite are clandestine. This is true.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

actually its not, i'm very well informed. i used to think it wasn't bad either until i found out that masons follow all her teachings as well as site her works

No "teachings" of Blavatsky are "followed" in regular lodges, and I don't know of any Masonic work that cites them.

and i think most of us here would agree that the freemasons are an evil organization.

Might I ask why? [sound of worms slithering out of a can]

did you know h.b. recieved 33rd degree rank from the freemasons (thats the highest rank, and she is the only woman ever to do so)

Really? When? Which jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite? What Valley was she a member of? Which body if not the Scottish Rite? All this would be supremely easy to find if it were true.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Someone I know , when he was younger he and some freinds broke into a masonic lodge .
Recently he showed me a book that he had got that day .
The two things that stook out was that the author was over 100 years old !!!!! - Plus he was WAY WAY over 33 degree which all the masons say is the highest rank .
I understand if you dont believe me I will try and find this book online and link you . I saw it with my own eyes .

to my knowledge the only Rite that has degrees over 33 is the Rite of Memphis Mizraim. It is a clandestine organization, meaning it isn't recognized by mainstream masonry.

As has been pointed out, 3rd degree master mason is the highest "rank" in masonry. 33rd degree is the highest degree in the Scottish Rite. In masonry men are "ranked" by their work, not their degree. Those who spend a lot of their own time to help others is given respect by those who know what he sacrifices. There is no greater honor. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by emptyOmind

Did you find Christ after your trip to Edgar's reading room? I am just wondering.
I absolutely do not believe in the Bible anymore, when that book lost its mysterious strangle hold over my mind a different perspective of the world opened up. So I do not believe in Satan.
I don't believe in Scientology either. I just don't believe.
I lost my Religion when I got sent to War.
This is when I woke up to the fact human beings really don't think for themselves.
I believe the real truth trancends all religions which are distorted oral histories - but that is a different thread.

The only thing evil in this world . . . is man.
Man uses worship to his advantage to exert a type of group think and action, be that good worship or bad worship - it is "group think" that has the power - not the entity.
But:
We alone are responsible.
Far easier to blame God or Satan isn't it for the behavior of man and earth, for blessings or downfall? When we look within and discover the responsiblity lies there, and nature is out of our control - the world seems terrifiying without order. So we create mythology and secret societies to bring about order.

edit on 28-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's just the growing pains of the human race becoming more in tune with themselves. Religions condemn looking within yourself.. As does authority and the like. Why? Because we are our own creators. We create the reality. There's still a long path to go for that. Anyways, if you see 'Satan' in the New Age phenomenon, then you'll see it. If you see good, you'll see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would say that the "reading list" was essentially just Macoy trying to sell other books that they published, rather than strictly a "if you want to know more about Masonry, you should really read these" type of list.

Hidden Way Across the Threshold isn't a Masonic book, and the word "mason" appears nowhere in it, according to the Google search of the book's content. It appears to be a theosophical tract, so you're right in judging it "new age", because a lot of the new age movement was based on Blavatsky's work.

Likewise Glints of Wisdom, while published by Macoy, doesn't have "mason" in the contents either, except towards the end in the list of other books Macoy published.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
to my knowledge the only Rite that has degrees over 33
isn't recognized by mainstream masonry.

This is where I have a problem ,
Anytime theres a grey area you can say yes but it isn't recognized by mainstream masonry..
The propaganda due scandal , you can say , its not recognized by mainstream masonry.
There are degrees above the 33 rd and they have knowledge that the degrees below don't you will say ... yup that lodge or member isn't recognized by mainstream masonry..
forgive me when i say it appears to be a cop out or an easy card to play .
Remember I am not accusing any users here of anything .
Your organisation as is many that require some kind of secrecy , Your organisation is compartmentalised .
like a pyramid , lets use a bank as an example, bottom of the pyramid is the bank clerk , the bank clerk does not know the real aims of the bank or even how much money it operates with profits etc . as you go higher up the pyramid (promotion ) you are allowed to know more and more , until you reach the bank manager who knows more than all his staff BUT the bank manager reports to the area manager and the area manager reports to the national manager , ,,,,,, it goes on and on .
IMO the "bank managers " are the 33 degree masons but i believe theres a strong possibly that there are much higher ranks .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

As I always like to say, if there were degrees higher than 33, someone, somewhere, would be selling lapel pins for those degrees. Masons love their lapel pins...

I guess my question to you is, how would these supposed "high level Masons" wield any power over the rest of the fraternity, particularly if we don't recognize them or acknowledge them as our leaders in any way? I mean, in your bank example, you know who your boss is, and chances are, you know who your boss's boss is. But if some complete stranger orders me to do something, why would I listen to him?

edit on 2011.1.28 by JoshNorton because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi Josh i get your point but let me clarify mine .
Im not saying you take orders from the top national banker , im saying that bank clerks upwards but not including bank manager allow the organisation to work as it does .
The bank would not function without the bank clerks bringing in the money the bank manager does not have the time to do it .
the masons higher than 33 degree need the masons of lower rank to do what you guys do , give to charity ,run the lodges . to give them the time and privacy to do the important things they need to do .

Remember I am of the opinion that 33 degree masons are the presidents and primeministers of our world and masons higher than that are the REAL power behind the governments that control the world .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If there were men who needed privacy from regular masons in order to secretly rule the world, they wouldn't be acting in a masonic activity. They would be doing world domination things. The functions of masons are very basic and there is very little room for other duties. On this, you will have to either join, or trust me. I am only a lowly 32nd degree and will not likely see 33 if at all much later in life, but I feel very confident in knowing the men that I do who have become 33rds since I joined that their lifestyle would be noticed if they suddenly gained powers to rule over the lowly masons. It's something that once you are on the inside and you can see the structure, you realize how absurd these claims are. But this is a conspiracy site and if everyone knew the truth and believed it, there would be no secret societies section. Just an empty space where conversations used to be.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
would be noticed if they suddenly gained powers to rule over the lowly masons
but i didnt say that , your "master " is the bank manager his manager does not give you orders .
I d on't like the term lowly mason , your implying i think non 33 degree are lowly . No I dont believe in the class structure but your organisation is BASED on it , I would have a problem adressing people by the titles that masons have .such as Grand Master architect , or Sublime Master elected . grown men with titles such as these smack of mild delusions of grandeur (no offense I know you guys didnt invent freemasonery lol ). You adress each as brother i know but then get divided into ranks ?
Again nothing against any one here , I just could not envision joining a society that promotes classism note , network dude you tell me your lodge has a mixture of professions represented in it but . the UK lodges are not like that and UK is where I live.
ps could any of you provide me with a list of confirmed masons so I may study it , whenever i show you my list you say some aren't masons.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The degrees do not confer "rank". Freemasonry is established on democratic principles. Leadership positions are given to Masons who have been elected to those officers by the universal suffrage of their brothers.

As for degrees higher than the 33rd:

There are many, many Masonic Rites out there. The Scottish Rite of Masonry has 33 only. Some other Rites have more, while others have less. I personally hold over a hundred Masonic degrees, it's not that big of a deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

sorry im confused , what degree or title do you hold ?
a list of masons anyone ?
Do you dispute that Albert Pike was a mason ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

sorry im confused , what degree or title do you hold ?

I'm a Past Master of my Lodge, a 32° KCCH Scottish Rite Mason, and a Knight Templar in the York Rite. I'm a member of the A.M.D. Rite, the Red Cross of Constantine, the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, York Rite College, Grand College of Rites of the United States, etc., etc. All of these orders have their own sets of degrees, so obviously they can pile up pretty quickly.

a list of masons anyone ?

I would recommend the website of the Grand Lodge of British Columbia and the Yukon. They have a large list of famous Masons, and biographical notes on all of them.

Do you dispute that Albert Pike was a mason ?

No, Pike was a Mason, He served as Master of his Lodge in Little Rock, AR, and was Grand High Priest of the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Arkansas. He was a founding member, and first Senior Grand Warden, of the Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the United States. He was Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction USA, and served as Provincial Grand Master for the Provincial Grand Lodge of the Royal Order of Scotland for the United States.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Albert Pike published a book called Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in 1871. In this shocking book, Albert Pike reveals who the "god" of Freemasonry really is:
I don't like what comes next .
I assume you know ?
thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

sorry

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Albert Pike published a book called Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in 1871. In this shocking book, Albert Pike reveals who the "god" of Freemasonry really is:
I don't like what comes next .
I assume you know ?
thoughts ?

I assume you don't.

I'm also going to assume you haven't read the book.

But please, post the of taken out of context paragraph.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How you can say its out of context I dont know
"That which we must say to the crowd is - we worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General (of the 33rd degree), we say this, that you may repeat it to the brethren of the 32nd , 31st and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian doctrine.If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay, the God of the Christians, whose deeds prove his cruelty, perfidy and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests calumniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also God. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two Gods: darkness being necessary to light to serve as its foil as the pedestal is necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.In analogical and universal dynamics one can only lean on that which will resist. Thus the universe is balanced by two forces which maintain its equilibrium, the force of attraction and that of repulsion These two forces exist in physics, philosophy and religion. And the scientific reality of the divine dualism is demonstrated by the phenomena of the polarity and by the universal law of sympathies and antipathies. That is why the intelligent disciples of Zoroaster, as well as, after them, the Gnostics, the Manicheans, and the Templars have admitted, as the only logical metaphysical conception, the system of the divine principles fighting eternally, and one cannot believe the one inferior in power to the other.Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophic religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

See, all you had to do was say that you had not read Morals and Dogma.
Where would you say that part appears in the book?
edit on 28-1-2011 by RuneSpider because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join