It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm sorry? Really, that's your logic? Because many Americans make generalizations about other countries, that means no Americans can ever say anything about being generalized by other countries? Come on. That logic nullifies half of the conversations and posts on this board. You're really going to play the hypocrisy card on this one?

That means no one who lives in a country that attacks people can ever talk about countries attacking each other or their own people. It means no one who lives in a country with injustices can ever talk about injustices elsewhere, of any degree. No one who lives in a country with extremists can ever talk about extremism, ever.

Yeah, that will solve a lot of problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

LOL, okay. First, the rights-restricting legislation has been a long-running string of bills and events spanning back much further than the current pro-gun craze. To act like we're just now changing our government's attitude about wanting to control people's lives is silly and unsupported. People are just complaining more now because it's Obama and not Bush, or Obama and not Hillary, or Obama and not whomever. It's about Obama, not some sudden crackdown on rights.

And second, again I will say: sorry, but your definition of what's worth bringing our country down and risking our families' safety does not dictate what WE feel is worth it. Most people who talk big about fighting back realize that the legislation they are griping about is not the end of Democracy and freedom, much as they would like you to believe it is. It is not a big enough deal to go out and shoot and kill people. What legislation, exactly, do you think we should have starting shooting people over?

And third, you've been watching too much TV and John Wayne movies if you think the majority of American gun owners are spouting off anything about using their guns against anyone. Look at the number of gun owners in this country, and then look at how many people you have ranting about their "cold dead hands." There are a very few nuts who talk big and get the coverage because it's boring to watch someone say "I have a gun, but I don't think I'll ever need to use it against anyone, and I certainly don't want a civil war to happen again."

And lastly, again----who ever promised any of this to YOU? You speak about this as if you have a sense of entitlement to watch Americans go out and kill each other on TV over issues you feel they should be mad about. Well, sorry, but even the nuts who are ranting about their cold dead hands were never talking to anyone but Americans. They don't care what you in the UK or the EU think about them; they're ranting those words to other Americans to warn them not to come grabbing for their guns. It has nothing to do with you. No promises have ever been made to you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

No. America has a long way to go before we begin marching in the street. We still believe that we are the problem. Our media does a very good job of keeping us fighting among ourselves. We dont think the government as a whole is the problem. We think its those damn Democrats or Republicans. And we still believe that if we could just get OUR guys in office, everything would be ok again.

We dont yet realize that our whole system is a farce, and that both parties are bought and paid for by the super wealthy, and that no election is going to save us. We still believe the illusion of Democracy promoted by the corporate owned media, and we still believe our corporate owned politicians want to help us.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Im not saying that. What I am saying is that until you solve the generalising , or xenophobia, or other societal issues in your own nation, you shouldnt start blowing your horn at other people, especialy when your nation is rife with it.
Its like a leper complaining that someone elses foot has fallen off and its grossing him out. It makes no sense! The difference is, you can cure the ills of society, but leprosy is pretty much permanent.
Im not saying that no one who is from a nation which has EVER had huge portions of its population ignorant and weak of mind enough to comment in general terms on other peoples, can comment on that behaviour in others. That would be ridiculous. What I am saying, is that until the problem no longer exists in your own back yard, you are pretty much widdling in the wind, and speaking from a weak position when lambasting people from other nations for the same behaviour.
Its like Nazis right? I cant belly ache about the Nazi town in the south of the USA, unless I act against the Nazis I see on my door step. Because I understand that, I act against fascism when ever I see it in my nation, and plenty of bruised knuckles and broken noses attest to this. Be active. If you dont like something, act against that which you can reach, rather than whining about what happens outside your area of influence.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Well all I can say is this. I'm never going to take those gun totting American nutters seriously anymore when they show off thier guns and describe how they will fight anyone who tries to take them off them. I'm also not going to take seriously those who call in C2C or Alex Jones or the hundreds of youtube videos showing yanks armed to the teeth in preparation for war..., to say how there's a revolution on the horizon as, when I hear those people, I'll think of you and what you said. My view is that we are seeing the revolution now beginning and its global. Whether you like it or not I think disharmony and protests, perhaps violent, are going to be turning up on our doorsteps no matter what country we are living in... In Europe we're cannon fodder if the governments wish to quell any unrest and clamp down with an iron glove. In America at least you can fight fire with fire and have a chance. Perhaps this is why Obama wants to disarm you all first... The game is so much more enjoyable when its rigged for the elite to win!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Im not saying that. What I am saying is that until you solve the generalising , or xenophobia, or other societal issues in your own nation, you shouldnt start blowing your horn at other people, especialy when your nation is rife with it.

Hahahaha! Okay, so now you want me to solve my entire nation's problem with generalizing other people before I can ask you, on a message board, not to generalize Americans? There is no logic in that.

What I am saying, is that until the problem no longer exists in your own back yard, you are pretty much widdling in the wind, and speaking from a weak position when lambasting people from other nations for the same behaviour.

I'm not "lambasting" anyone, I am asking you not to generalize me and other Americans. I do not speak for all of America, nor does all of America speak for me. And while we're at it, how is it that you have the right to be calling me out? Isn't your country responsible for its share of hypocrisy and generalizing? So by your logic, it's ridiculous for you to have called me out for calling you out. See how exasperating this kind of logic is? You're trying to construct an ad hominem attack on me by using the collective actions of 300 million people over a 250 year span to judge my worthiness to make comments.

Its like Nazis right? I cant belly ache about the Nazi town in the south of the USA, unless I act against the Nazis I see on my door step. Because I understand that, I act against fascism when ever I see it in my nation, and plenty of bruised knuckles and broken noses attest to this. Be active. If you dont like something, act against that which you can reach, rather than whining about what happens outside your area of influence.

More of the same logic. Well, then, sorry for saving your butts in WW2----we really should have dealt with the fact that we murder people in our country all the time, so we had no right to go "whining" about Germany doing it. Should have let the nations who have never committed atrocities come to your aid. Oh wait......

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Well all I can say is this. I'm never going to take those gun totting American nutters seriously anymore when they show off thier guns and describe how they will fight anyone who tries to take them off them.

Good. You shouldn't have been taking them too seriously in the first place. We don't.

I'm also not going to take seriously those who call in C2C or Alex Jones or the hundreds of youtube videos showing yanks armed to the teeth in preparation for war..., to say how there's a revolution on the horizon as, when I hear those people, I'll think of you and what you said.

Doublegood! Did you ever take Alex Jones or C2C callers seriously? Really? Wow.

My view is that we are seeing the revolution now beginning and its global. Whether you like it or not I think disharmony and protests, perhaps violent, are going to be turning up on our doorsteps no matter what country we are living in... In Europe we're cannon fodder if the governments wish to quell any unrest and clamp down with an iron glove. In America at least you can fight fire with fire and have a chance. Perhaps this is why Obama wants to disarm you all first... The game is so much more enjoyable when its rigged for the elite to win!

I agree that it's going global----that would be why I started a thread to track the Global Revolution going on right now. See my sig. I'm not arguing about whether this is global revolution, I'm arguing that your b!##%ing about Americans being all bark and no bite has no basis, and that we will not be revolting to entertain you.

And dude, seriously.....what have you been reading? Obama doesn't care about our guns. He actually strengthened gun rights----he signed a bill very early on allowing guns to be carried in national parks. Oh, but he's trying to grab for our guns! Ooga booga! Seriously, man, diversify your information sources. Obama has not done a single thing to gun rights and has made no indication he will do anything to guns besides fully-automatic military-grade weapons, which is sensible, and if you think it's not, you're insane. You've been living for too long with gun-envy, I sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Someone somewhere is aware that gross inequity in a world that is running through its resources rapidly can lead to revolution and civil unrest. There is a world wide agenda to disarm the lower classes. Tthe poor, apparently, have totally forgotten the lessons of history, and are willingly giving up their arms. (In some places the populace is practically begging to have them taken off them, despite the ridiculousness of the exaggeration of the danger they pose to them, teenage drivers are by far a greater danger)

The rich however, seem not to have forgotten the lessons taught by the last round of revolutions.

Personally, I am unsure how to take it. As a member of the lower class, I would like to wholeheartedly throw my sympathy to my people. However, "my people" are not really better than the elite, morally, and I am a believer in natural selection. I am, therefore, torn. The lower classes are not innocent victims. They practically beg to be abused. Often times their own greed and avarice is the very thing used to trap them, to rob them, to manipulate them. And while I do understand the average IQ is 100, and that means most of them are not so bright, it goes beyond lack of intelligence straight to willful ignorance in many cases.

I suppose it is just the way things must unfold, to watch the many get plowed under by the few. Its not what I want, its not what I would choose, but it seems that nature or God favors the brutal, the cunning, the intelligent, and against the God or Nature, what are my stupid opinions?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You didnt save our butts at all! You came in because Pearl Harbour had been attacked ! .
Britain entered WW2 on Sunday the 3rd September 1939, but America only got involved in 1941 after itself being attacked at Pear Harbour. My grandfathers both fought not just to protect the British Isles, but because they were sickened at the Nazi regiemes behaviour toward everyone under its power.
But I wonder, I really wonder wether if the only problem had been the murder of millions of Jews, rather than the attack on Pearl Harbour, wether a single American would ever have fired a shot in that war. It wasnt a moral choice, and you didnt come as saviours. You came for your own selfish reasons, and not as brothers or in support of us. Our goals coincided, and thats all you can really say about it .
Thats not a generalisation, thats the unedited , un prettified , ugly truth of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Actually, you are not entirely correct.

Our entry into the war was not because of Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was the excuse used to incite the American public enough to make the idea of sending their husbands and sons more palatable. Especially since many of those lower class people who would be dying had not been treated well by the countries they were now going to go die in and for.

Your countries did not enter the war because of the treatment of the Jews and others either. Get over that little fantasy. That may be the propaganda that sold the war to the dummies who were going to go die in the war, but it isnt the reason the elite entered into it.

All wars are battles over resources by the elites. Period. There never has been an ideological war, ideology is used to sell war to the little people who are going to go die to make rich people richer.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Horse dung. If my grandfathers had wished it, they would have objected to the entire premise of the war, like many others did at the time. Neither of them was slow witted enought to be sold a war on the basis of a lie, and it was TRUE that the Nazis were killing a metric crap tone of people who posed them no threat , while enslaving others and putting them in concentration camps. Those are the reasons my grandfathers went to war. Even if Britain herself had not gone to war, my grandfathers would have gone to war without her, and still ended up in the same position, that position being elbow deep in the blood of fascists. The only difference is, because they didnt have to go alone, they lived through it. They would have fought and died just to make the point if they had felt they had to go alone. Thats the sort of stubborn cusses they were. Funny how alike two Welshmen can be really.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong but have you just told us all not to take any notice of what Americans say as it's all bull#!!? Your fellow countrymen will love you for that... And as for this talk about America entering WW2... For me Americans should be eternally deeply ashamed of themselves for entering the war so late. Seems to me that they sat back to see who would win the Battle Of Britain and then decided to join with the victors... I have no doubt whatsoever that if Germany had won and invaded the UK America would have welcomed Hitler with open arms until he stabbed them in the back and V2's were raining down on Manhattan...
Far from being all gung ho about the war you should be ashamed...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Wow. That's your take on history, eh?

I think you should look back to what people who actually lived through it have to say. Both of my grandfathers fought against a regime that wasn't even involved in bombing us at Pearl Harbor. There were never any good chances of Hitler invading the US. If we had no sympathy for you or interest for your country's future, we would have brought Japan down and left you all to learn German.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Please, my fellow Americans will agree with me that we're usually full of it. All the time. Anyone who disagrees, which isn't many, is a nationalism-addicted fool. In fact, every single country in the world is full of it, at least as far as what you're seeing on TV (or Alex Jones, LOL). We're all a bunch of liars.

And us----ashamed? I'm sorry, which countries had the policy of appeasement for so long? I don't think it was America that set up that policy catastrophe. So we're supposed to babysit you for the rest of your lives? Us, the "child" country? We're supposed to come in and save you anytime, anywhere, whenever you ask? Grow up and learn to deal with the world yourselves, right? You've been around for how many thousand of years longer than the U.S. and you STILL haven't gotten it together enough to defend yourselves? WHO should be ashamed, exactly? The country that saved you from invasion, or the country that's been around since almost the beginning of history and still needs its kid brother to come save it?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Wow. That's your take on history, eh?

I think you should look back to what people who actually lived through it have to say. Both of my grandfathers fought against a regime that wasn't even involved in bombing us at Pearl Harbor. There were never any good chances of Hitler invading the US. If we had no sympathy for you or interest for your country's future, we would have brought Japan down and left you all to learn German.

Actually Hitler thought America was inherently weak, divided and unwilling to fight (he wasn't wrong there was he!?) that he could concentrate his war to the east against the soviets. he never wanted war with England. In fact he pulled up short of going down on bended knee to get Churchill (god bless him) to back down from confronting Germany. Of course, are little island, on its own against a much bigger force, stood up and held its head high and declared war on Nazi Germany. If they had of beaten us he already had the Amerika bomber which could have flown to New York and flattened the island like the doodlebugs flattened the south of England and parts of London. Newsreel of which was shown in American theatres but with little effect. He also thought that invading America would be far easier to accomplish than landing in the UK purely because America has so much deserted coastline that it would be impossible to defend it all.
And as for talking German! Do you know after the revolution Americans nearly voted to have German as their national language!!?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Actually, you are not entirely correct.

Our entry into the war was not because of Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was the excuse used to incite the American public enough to make the idea of sending their husbands and sons more palatable. Especially since many of those lower class people who would be dying had not been treated well by the countries they were now going to go die in and for.

Your countries did not enter the war because of the treatment of the Jews and others either. Get over that little fantasy. That may be the propaganda that sold the war to the dummies who were going to go die in the war, but it isnt the reason the elite entered into it.

All wars are battles over resources by the elites. Period. There never has been an ideological war, ideology is used to sell war to the little people who are going to go die to make rich people richer.

And I'm sorry to burst your bubbles over your idea that your government had to sell the idea of war to its people. The plain truth is you didn't have a choice! We declared war on Germany...Germany declared war on you because, as Joachim von Ribbentrop explained it, "A great power does not allow itself to be declared war upon; it declares war on others."
Once again, sorry to burst your bubble...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ah, yes, well if Hitler thought it, he must have been right! I mean he was right about the master race thing, the occult crap, and all that other really nice stuff, right? Yeah, right. Hitler also thought it was a good idea to shoot up meth every day, so I wouldn't take Hitler's estimations of America too seriously. But, follow who you will. I prefer not to believe mass-murdering a-holes.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Ah, yes, well if Hitler thought it, he must have been right! I mean he was right about the master race thing, the occult crap, and all that other really nice stuff, right? Yeah, right. Hitler also thought it was a good idea to shoot up meth every day, so I wouldn't take Hitler's estimations of America too seriously. But, follow who you will. I prefer not to believe mass-murdering a-holes.

Says the man from the country who have killed more innocent people on the word of just one man, namely the President of the United States. Hitler could only dream of causing the carnage America has. And by the way, the words "America" and "seriously" should never be used in the same sentence incase the world suddenly stops spinning and shoots us all out into space at the utter absurdity of it all... You may not prefer to believe mass murdering a-holes but your country sure as hell likes to create them!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
But all this random banter is getting us off the point Isn't it? My original observation was that although I had seen an awful lot of videos and sound bites from Americans just itching to stand up to their government, in some cases violently, all those voices have suddenly fell silent the moment that it looks like the "SHTF" moment they all used to get off on talking about looks like it may actually raise its head and become a reality. So lets reduce it to an extremely simple question...
How much further will the American government have to push its people before riots similar to whats happening in Europe take place in your cities?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The answer: unless you're American, it's none of your business. Worry about your own country.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join