It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the davinci code is evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
just wanna add me threepeneth here, each to his own is my moral teaching.....now having got that off me chest, the bible, couple of thousand years old, written, re-written, edited and re-edited the main facts are at the most a little shrouded at times but, that said it also strikes me as being very similar in origin to that of many other sacred texts throughout antiquity but having not been alive long enough to have read ALL OF THEM, i couldn't possibly comment.....from what i have read (and there is a lot more i would like to read) my beliefs thus far consist of, 1: yes Jesus did exist but who he was exactly(with proof to back it up) is a bit vague, no doubt he was a very special man healer, prophit maybe even of royal blood etc. 2: son of god....well how can ya prove that sort of thing? yes the bible says this and it says a lot of things, but so do the other texts but if the bible is the true work of the disciples and of jesus. then does this mean that texts of the other faiths are wrong....i think it would be very presumtious to say that this is the only way it all could have happened. i for one dont think the whole story has come out yet....so reserve judjment.
dave 1812.......knowledge is power

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
so uh... what does this have to do with the davinci code being evil, other than the title?

i have no idea what the davinci code is about, but anything like that is wrong. you can take any book and with a good enough mathematical formula make the letters in it and say anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Welcome Dave1812.

Enjoy your stay and see you around.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I cannot at present scan the complete accuracy of your statements, as I am not sure where, or who
in the Bible actually said what was this or that, but I know the Son of man statement as well has to do with the story too. It would appear that time, generational lines of genetic groups, lessons of isolate disciplines and a bridge crossing from origin to completion is the over-theme of the Bible. Besides all the Kabbalah and Bible code research, it appears to be a pieced together map of all components and the personal challenges, experiences and epic changes in civilization utilizing the factors I aforementioned. I think that drawing comparisons or parallels to different denominations of faith is a smart centre of research as it is clearly obvious that such parallels exist. Oh well, go figure. Peace!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
well the point is that the davinci code is a story based on some facts, that were aparantly in something that was called.... the bible and therefore(according to one faith or another) either true or false, whilst the rest of the story, the davinci code is exactly that.......a story. written by an author as an outlet for his creative nature and as something to hopefully give pleasure to others. so i think it should e taken in the context of what it was meant for entertainment........and i dont think that it should be termed EVIL.
sorry if that was'nt to clear before.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Isn't there a better place to discuss this than in the Introducitons forum?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
without a doubt.........lead on my good man

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What if I was to tell you there is no such thing as evil or good only multiple levels of conscious expression

[edit on 12-7-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Post this in the religious froum!! Come on!! Whats wrong with you. This shouldnt be here! This froum is for introductions!!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
guys, this wasn't my thread originally, i just posted a comment in the wrong place, apologies to all especially to whoever responsible for the original thread, didn't mean to hijack someone elses good work.

anybody got a bag so i can put it over my head in shame?

top topics

join