It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents reveal FBI transgressions, abuses of power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Documents reveal FBI transgressions, abuses of power

Well we all know that humans aren't perfect, but take a look at this article...

Leaked internal FBI documents reveal dozens of employee transgressions ranging from sex-related misconduct to felonies involving the abuse of power and classified information.

One employee gave sensitive information to his girlfriend, who was a journalist, and later threatened to release a sex tape of the two after they had broken up. The employee lied under oath during the inquiry.

Another employee became obsessed with a co-worker and continued to press for a closer relationship despite "clear indications" that the colleague wasn't interested and persisted even after receiving orders to cease contact.

A third FBI employee shoplifted two ties from a local store.

In another instance, an employee obtained FISA-derived information from over 1,500 unauthorized searches of the FBI database and shared it with a non-FBI employee.

I'm guessing govt. jobs just aren't paying enough this days... But jeez!!! Stealing two ties?! Why is this man not behind bars! // sarcasm //

However releasing sensitive information, and sexual harassment... not so good right?

The revelations came in quarterly emails (.pdf) between January 2008 and January 2009 -- and some dated January 2011 -- from the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, which were leaked to CNN.

Other examples of employee misconduct included domestic violence, improper sexual relations with sources, misuse of government property, illegal firearms transactions, and driving under the influence of alcohol. In all cases, the employees were punished either with dismissal or suspension for up to months.

(Read the full article here)

So, as we see once again, people in power (in this case those with a badge) get away easy with some horrible crimes. Illegal firearms transactions? Couldn't that be looked at as a terrorist act, especially considering the position the FBI employees are in? I mean, those who are active agents for the FBI have a govt. issued gun, and obviously if they pass to be in the FBI they should have no trouble buying a gun legally, so what sort of illegal firearms transactions are we talking about here? I'd really like to know more about that crime specifically.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this to give you all another reminder that the US govt. allows their own to get away with far too much when the common citizen can get arrested for trying to protest, and then get thrown onto a 'watch list'.

There's a short CNN clip within the article link if you care to watch -- doesn't really say anything that I haven't posted above, however.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
interesting, but still ain't got nothing on the CIA

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Humans aren't perfect, and the FBI is filled with humans. Nothing there you would not find in any large company or organization. As long as they deal with work-related matters, that's what counts. Providing their people don't get away with things because of their employer.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

My point was in saying 'humans aren't perfect' is that yes we all screw up, but these people didn't all get in trouble, and even if they all did for their crimes, they were definitely not punished correctly or brought to justice. Not to mention this stuff had to be leaked, it wasn't open knowledge (although it's common knowledge that this sort of stuff is happening all the time).

And yes, the CIA and congressmen also get away with a lot.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

If I had to guess on those "illegal firearms transactions" and what they are referring to. I would guess that it was most likely one or both of two things: Automatic weapons and/or Silencers.

new topics

top topics

join