It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Benefits Of Carrot Juice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Carrots should be considered a goldmine of natural vitamins and nutrients. Among other raw vegetable juices, carrot juice is an absolute leader in the context of the variety of its therapeutic effects, the contents of useful elements and its compatibility with other juices or foods. Nutritional and therapeutic values of carrot juice were discovered by the health practitioners of early European civilizations. Carrots originate from the Mediterranean region, where this vegetable was used by the Ancient Greeks since the 20th century B.C. They loved drinking carrot juice for its excellent cleansing effects and, in addition, it was considered a good remedy for constipation and physical exhaustion. As we all know, no other vegetable contains as much beta-carotene as carrots. In our body, beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin A, which assists in improving our eyesight and the functioning of our immunity system, strengthening our bones and teeth, preventing possible problems with the functioning of the thyroid glad. Vitamin A also has positive effects on our hair, nails and skin. Besides, this Vitamin is associated with good cleansing effects: it can clean our liver from fat and other unnecessary elements. However, for receiving maximum results for the liver, it is necessary to drink carrot juice on a regular basis.

The list of useful microelements and nutrients which are contained in carrots is really very impressive. Along with the mentioned beta-carotene, it includes also Vitamins C, B, E, D and K, proteins, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, aluminum, sodium, manganese, iron, copper and a lot of other minerals. Carrots contain great amounts of nicotine acid, which is important for metabolism of fats and lipids. The vegetable is a great source of natural magnesium, which assists in decreasing bad cholesterol levels in the body, helps to relieve spasms and strengthen our blood vessels.

Carrot juice has very good anti-inflammatory, anti-cancerous and anti-aging properties. Carotene is a known anti-oxidant, which can prevent degenerative processes in the cells and has great anti-aging effects. The compounds containing in carrot juice also have antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. That is why it can be effective to treat wounds and insect bites with some carrot juice, which in such case will also bring some slight relief for pain and help to avoid swelling. Also, drinking raw carrot juice can be helpful for lowering the symptoms of stresses and normalizing the function of your digestive system.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
My dad worked near a naturopath, she went on a detox with carrot juice, she slowly turned an orange color. The health benefits are truly amazing and there so easy to consume, both in solid and liquid states. I've been looking for a post like this to come up.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have Raw juicing Now for 3 years, When i started i was 370lbs and plagued with all sorts of issues, Highblood press, Diabeties, Gout, Chronic pain, Now three years later im 225lbs Fit and tone, no more pains, Diabeties is gone, Gout is gone, and i have an amazing about of energy all the time, The best thing i ever did for myself was to buy a Jack Lalane Juicer, And carrots Do cause you to turn orange if you dont drink water aswell LOL i know first hand

I suggest everyone start doing this, it will change your life. I swear to god

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lafaso870

I love carrot juice. Been drinking it for years. Since no one else in my family is big on carrot juice or any other different juices, I never bothered to get a juicer. I have always heard their great but alot of work to clean. So I have always just bought it from the grocery store. Last week I went to buy my carrot juice and was horrified to see that my bottle of carrot juice cost over $7 a bottle. I was so shocked, I thought it was a mistake. Well it was no mistake.
Can you or anyone else suggest a juicer thats not too expensive and not alot of work to clean? As I stated I'm the only on who likes juices, so I don't want to just get it for myself. Although, who knows maybe I can get everyone else on board if I learn how to juice different things.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Carrot is extremely important with lots of vitamins good for the body.benefit of carrot just for you

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Carr at contains Beta-carotene makes it a rich source of vitamin A. It also helps improve the immune system. The abundance of vitamin A in carrot juice can help improve your sight and the daily intake can prevent the onset of heart diseases and strokes and also it is very useful for controlling the Cholesterol.It also acts like an anti-cancer agent. Increased intake of carotenoids in carrot juice has been said to decrease instances of bladder, prostate, colon and breast cancer .For for information please Click here.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I love this juice, however was not drinking too much of it.. now that i've know how great it it, would definitly drink it much much more. Thanks for the info!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Vitamin K, present in carrot juice, is essential for the protein-building process in the body. It also helps in the binding of calcium, which in turn leads to the faster healing of broken bones.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I love carrot juice as well as beet and tomato juice.

I have been juicing for a few years and it's made a huge difference in my overall wellness.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I love carrot juice. I have been juicing for a few years and it's made a huge difference in my overall wellness.

new topics

top topics

join