It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like I'm going to be sick!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think I made one of the worse mistakes as a parent tonight...and I feel like I'm going to vomit.

We rarely sit down to watch television in my home. It just isn't something we do very much of...

But my wife enjoys watching American Idol with our 6 year old son... Yeah, yeah I know...cheese... But hey! A singing show with your young child will make sense to anyone who's a parent. What's not to love????

In any event, my wife was upstairs and I was making dinner for the family, while my son watched the end of the show while we were recording it. I was back and forth, multitasking.

At some point my son comes to me and says, "Dad you really need to come quick and change the channel, because I just saw something I really don't think I should be seeing."

I asked him what he saw, and he explains that he saw the head blown off of a bank robber. Alarmed, I run into the other room and immediately turn off the TV. But because I didn't see what he was talking about and because he didn't seem too upset, I really didn't think too much more about it. How bad could it have been?

Honestly, I tried not to think about it.

That is until after dinner and after my son went to bed.

I watched the end of the recording and I was stunned! Sick stunned!

In the first two minutes after the end of American Idol, I watched a woman get her head blown off, complete with blood splatter...brain chunks...and headless body. These were extended scenes. No quick flashes...just in your face stuff!!! I've never seen anything like that on television before.... NEVER!!!! In fact, I've rarely seen anything like that on the big screen.

I had no idea such a thing was on the public airwaves--- No! Never!

I'm sick deep in my stomach about this.

I feel terrible....

I'm outraged I was so clueless of the possibility....

My poor child... Tonight, my son's innocence was taken in a flash of ignorance...

And I feel heart sick about it.

edit on 28-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I truly feel for you . I don't even care to watch things like that myself, can't stand war-movies. I just think of all of the soldiers wives/kids/parents crying for them whilst they are blown to smithereens for entertainment and 'oo's and aah's...
However ... a part of me feels like saying "that's what you get, for watching American Idol with your kids...."

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Originally posted by MavRck
However ... a part of me feels like saying "that's what you get, for watching American Idol with your kids...."

I'm still in a state of shock.

OMG.

I really had no idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As Frank Sinatra says... THAT'S LIFE.

I dropped my TV a minute ago, because everything on it is subconscious programming, even the energy coming off the screen has an effect on evolving consciousness. It's worse than vaccinating your child at birth... well maybe not that bad.

Still, THAT'S LIFE.

I'm sure he will recover.

On a soul level this was planned...

Reflect.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I do agree that this is something that should not be shown on Network TV, especially in "prime time," and without any sort of warning.

I also am not a fan of American Idol, but this comment bothers me.

You say that this was after American Idol. Was this at the beginning of a local news show? If not then what exactly was this shown on?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Awwwww sweetie you didn't know. It is not your fault. At least your kid had the sense to know he shouldn't be seeing it and came to you. It must be difficult as a parent these days as there is so much crap on televison.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Originally posted by Mayura
P.S. On a second note, I seriously doubt this even happened!

What are you talking about? Why would you say this?

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
You say that this was after American Idol. Was this at the beginning of a local news show? If not then what exactly was this shown on?

I don't know. Let me go look...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

even the energy coming off the screen has an effect on evolving consciousness.

What about the energy coming off your computer screen?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

A show called Bones.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I want to rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reply to post by Night Star

I didn't know. But OMG!!!!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by loam

Hey now just a minute, did your child not come running to you and discuss what was witnessed?
I would say that speaks wonders not only about your child's level of discretion, but also about the quality
of upbringing that you and your wife provide. Just tell him that you love him and that TV is stupid sometimes.
He will get it.

Kind of strange that those types of scenes would be broadcasted immediately after family programming wouldn't
you say? So now you know. Their looking for souls to steal, even if their six years old.

Don't be so hard on yourself, it is not your fault. There is a policy of worldwide of visual desensitization now.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: add in

link   

It bothered me saying it, honestly but... I second-thought it and posted... here's why...

American idol is worse. It is telling young children that by looking pretty and adhering to other peoples work and style is how you gain success / love / attention .

By competing with eachother, by america "voting" you off of a show... that in my opinion hardly ANY of them have any talent.

Talent is writing the song, performing it whilst meaning it... it does not take a lot of talent to sing to music other people already made great... it's turning kids into tools. instruments, mindless... talentless... uniformless instruments.

The person having their head blown off might as well have been an advertisement "this was your mind before watching american idol, this is your mind after a few seasons"

I reiterate, i'm not a cold person. I feel for you/your child... violence is not something that you can hide from forever.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Can you post a link to the Network and or the video images you speak of. Also could you give me the exact date and time,channel, programming, and regional location?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Hey now just a minute, did your child not come running to you and discuss what was witnessed?
I would say that speaks wonders not only about your child's level of discretion, but also about the quality
of upbringing that you and your wife provide.

Thank you. I hope hope so...but still....

Just tell him that you love him and that TV is stupid sometimes.
He will get it.

I did that already BEFORE I actually saw what he saw.

I didn't think it could ever be as bad as what I saw later...

Kind of strange that those types of scenes would be broadcasted immediately after family programming wouldn't
you say? So now you know. Their looking for souls to steal, even if their six years old.

I feel so STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself, it is not your fault.

I know. I know. I'm trying to be rational, but this is my 6 year old son!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ah ok. that makes sense.
I did not catch tonights episode, but i do however like the show 'Bones' so I may be a little biased about this. I am not necessarily defending this, but I do believe they have a "Viewer Discretion is advised" warning and some other parental warning before each show.

Was just bad timing and coincedence in this particular situation.
Sorry

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah Chad,,,you know about the flicker rate then I guess.

Cheers!

3rd line

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Please Come forward.........

Kindly remove your mask........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Bones:

quicksilverscreen.com...

Air time is 9pm with a tv14 rating...

Many programs that air after 9 p.m. are rated TV-14, including late-night staples like The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live. Certain PG-13 or R-rated feature films are rated TV-14 when edited for broadcast. Anime series Bleach, Inuyasha and Dragon Ball alternatively switch between a TV-PG and TV-14 rating. Most hour-long dramas are rated TV-14 such as House, Glee, CSI, Hawaii Five-0, and Grey's Anatomy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not a kids show.

edit on 28/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

American idol is worse. It is telling young children that by looking pretty and adhering to other peoples work and style is how you gain success / love / attention .

By competing with eachother, by america "voting" you off of a show... that in my opinion hardly ANY of them have any talent.

Talent is writing the song, performing it whilst meaning it... it does not take a lot of talent to sing to music other people already made great... it's turning kids into tools. instruments, mindless... talentless... uniformless instruments.

To a six year old it's people singing and not being afraid to do so...

The person having their head blown off might as well have been an advertisement "this was your mind before watching american idol, this is your mind after a few seasons"

Look, I realized when I posted this thread, I would attract this kind of sentiment. But honestly, the point is a bit extreme in my view. It's just a singing show that my child can enjoy with his mother and father.

I reiterate, i'm not a cold person.

I understand.

I feel for you/your child... violence is not something that you can hide from forever.

I realize this too. I just didn't expect it to be this night, minutes after a family show, when my child was six, with this level of graphic detail.

Honestly. I AM IN SHOCK! I'm not joking.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
AWwww!! I feel for ya!! It's ridiculous what they'll put on there after "family" programming... I have a (almost) 5 year old we're trying to break gently into the world.. (well, sorta.. as far as un-necessary gore and the like that's all over the tube)
I have a feeling your little guy will likely remember that, but he'll also remember the comforting and love he got after he saw it, and will know the world is ok cause he's got his daddy and mommy to love him

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I guess it can eventually be seen here:

www.fox.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join