It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beaten for $18: 75-year-old Staten Island grandmother, husband & son recall heartless mugging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Beaten for $18: 75-year-old Staten Island grandmother, husband & son recall heartless mugging

www.nydailynews.com...

The robbers - a man and a woman - saw the elderly couple as easy marks, cops said. But the brutal attack netted a measly $18.

"I never hurt nobody," said the shaken grandma. "My leg hurts. My finger's broke."

She also suffered brain hemorrhaging, a blood clot and a busted lip. Doctors needed stitches to close the gaping wound on her forehead.

"I think he had something in his hands that cut me like this," she said of the male attacker.

She and her husband, Joseph Naimo, had just closed their thrift shop and returned to their Tompkinsville apartment building about 7:30 p.m. Su
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is truly horrific, and I would advise anyone who is a good mood not to click on this one. The pictures alone are enough to make one nauseous and pissed off at the same time.

What type of MONSTERS would conduct such a viscious, all out assault on a feeble, elderly couple like this? And all for a measely $18.00 payday?

This is the epitome of individuals absolutely disconnected from any form of humanity whatsoever. If they are not caught and apprehended, I feel that if there is such a thing as karma, they are going to get hit with a Tsunami of it...

Despicable.

www.nydailynews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url link

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
gee, with all the antidepressants in the water supply yould think everyone would be gettin along...
But noe....I guess instead these clowns bought ( ha ha "stole", water is an expensive habit) the water
that makes your junk turn into egg sacks.

obviously, the perps had no pickles...
I mean how bickless can a person get?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree. Scumbags like this are unfortunately a part of life in today's
society.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That should never happen to a 75 year old grandmother.For 18 dollors she was beaten up.That makes me mad
Getting mugged must of been a horrific experience for her.She did not deserve it.Why in the earth would you do that its was infront of her husband and son.It is a heartless thing to do.The person who done it is an idiot that deserves to go to prison.They don't care who they beat up they are heartless.
That is a terrible incident.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know it's scary that these stories don't surprise me anymore. A few days ago I saw a story of a man who went and bought a gun and ammo, worth well over $300+, just to go murder a person who owed him $37 and was a week late in getting it to him, he is now in jail for life. What the hell is wrong with people like this, unfortunately there always has been and always will be crazy people that do crazy things, i guess its just something we have to deal with and hope nukes never become available to people like this. Its always bothered me how crazy people go against common sense and then defend their actions like they made the right decision, things like this make me wish torture was legal (although I realize torture is bad).

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have heard similar stories in the past. There are no words to express such inhumane actions. There is seriously something wrong with so many people in our society. What has happened to morals and compassion in our world? This breaks my heart.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is what parasites do even before TSHTF,imagine what they will do when things get really bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
When you I hear about things like this, I can't help but to ask myself why? Drugs were probably a factor, poverty is probably a factor, and I'm not making excuses for these animals I'm just trying to make sense of things in my own mind, but some things just don't make sense, and are never going to make sense.
Opportunistic predators, posing as humans, see the rest of humanity as prey, and the only word I can come up with to describe it is evil, because thats what it is, evil.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My guess would be that the assailants needed the money for drugs and were already used to using violence to fund their habit. Had it been a simple case of poverty once the assailants had the money (even a piddling $18 bucks) they would have left and not beaten this elderly couple and their son. Had it been a simple case of poverty then the injuries would not have been so blood chillingly heartless and brutal. I hope they catch this pair and failing that I hope Karma finds them.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sadly, this type of story is nothing new. Things like this have been going on for decades, if not centuries. It has nothing to do with "today's society". Criminals will be around for as long as man exists.

new topics

top topics

join