It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Democrats and pro-Israel lobbies slam Republican Senator's call to halt Israel aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

U.S. Democrats and pro-Israel lobbies slam Republican Senator's call to halt Israel aid

www .haaretz.com

Tea Party representative Rand Paul tells CNN’s Wolf Blitzer he has a lot of respect for Israel but he doesn't believe the U.S. should be funding the Mideast arms race during financial crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hot dog, if it isn't the son of Mr. Paul himself! I absolutely agree with him, we cannot afford to be giving $2.5 billion in foreign aid in the current financial state we're in. What else could we possibly use that money for? Besides more stimulus, we can provide books for schools, more guards on our boarders, better health care, the list is limitless.

And besides that, the money is being used to set up road blocks, build settlements, and manufacture weapons of mass destruction (no pun involved), further destroying any slight chance at peace. Hasn't Obama been talking this whole 'peace in the middle-east'?? Why not cut of the money flow to the one thing that's creating an obstacle to peace.

Biggz

www .haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

The US shouldn't be funding a nuclear armed Israel anyway you look at it..

Besides, Israel doesn't even need the money..

It's pure greed..!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Makes sense and is the right thing to do - but that would just be using logic then wouldn't it? I don't live in the USA but have seen footage about the current state of Detroit and it is very upsetting. The citizens of the USA need all the help that they can get at the moment and yet the government still insist on shipping the money overseas to Israel to create even more world unrest. It is obvious that Israel has power over USA or the powers that be favour Israelis. Things wont change until the balance of power is shifted.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I smell the foetid breath of Chuck "Strangle them economically, it makes sense" Schumer on this one.

Of course, if it had been a Democrat saying what Paul did, it'd be the foetid breath of Boehner, so...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

2010 marked a turning point in the development of the deficit: following two years at which the level of government deficit rose from zero in 2007 to 2.2% of GDP in 2008 and 5.2% of GDP in 2009, the deficit fell to 3.73% of GDP in 2010.

www.tax-news.com...

Yeah sure, increase the US deficit by giving Israel money to lower theirs even more..

That makes sense....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The latest release of diplomatic cables in the region has shown that Israel is not interested in peace and is just being a bully. If these children cannot play nice with their new toys then they just have to be taken off them.

I know there have been ongoing wars and conflict in that region as far back as recorded history goes. The world is now a much more interconnected place and are we as a race really that savage that war is the only answer? Unless we can get of these issues of racism and learn to live with multiculturalism then this world is stuffed.
edit on 28-1-2011 by kwakakev because: expanded answer

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

This man should be president

Period.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

and I agree, Seiing america is in a very intense economic downfall, Israel needs to buck up and pay for their own wars...If we are going to aide other countries at least we can aide the truely needy countries like africa, and know australia is in deep need of assistance. Israel buck up and pay for your own wars.
edit on 28-1-2011 by prexparte because: spell check for the spelling gurus

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by BiGGz

The US shouldn't be funding a nuclear armed Israel anyway you look at it..

Besides, Israel doesn't even need the money..

It's pure greed..!!!

Israel is greedy if we consider it is Israel who owns the federal reserve, how much mroe do they want from us?
edit on 28-1-2011 by prexparte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

President of a country far, far away, preferably one surrounded on all sides by deep water and sharks.

Maybe Rand Paul could help the citizens of Easter island win independence from Chile, and be crowned their new lord protector or something. Good for them, good for him, good for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by BiGGz

President of a country far, far away, preferably one surrounded on all sides by deep water and sharks.

Maybe Rand Paul could help the citizens of Easter island win independence from Chile, and be crowned their new lord protector or something. Good for them, good for him, good for me.

Odd though that the majority of Tax Payers agree with him..
Maybe it's the other US politicians that should be on that island???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
S&F.
Not a whole lot to add, other than I'm wishing I had a Paul to vote for here in Wisconsin!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Won't happen. Foreign aid buys loyalty to the dollar as the world reserve currency. Not to mention circulates the dollar world wide. Just like federal funds to the States has bought compliance to unconstitutional federal encroachment into every state from schools (re-education camps) to health care, from welfare to militarisation of the police etc,. But at least were hearing what needs to be said.

edit on 29-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
India and North Korea should be the only ones getting foreign aid, as a incentive to keep their nuclear arms at bay.

If Israel would like to ADMIT that they too are hold nuclear arms.... then maybe i could justify handing money over to them.

come on you lying scumbags! tell the truth

edit on 29-1-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

top topics

join