It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist book found in Southern Arizona is downplayed by DHS.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
placing this book in the desert was only step one of the military's plan for home invasions on US soil. you better believe when the jihads start up here every one our houses will be searched under some patriot act deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by TKDRL

I challenge you to find this book published by Iran in any US library. Go ahead.

Apparently, there are a few: In Memory of Our Martyrs

Have you read the book? Do you have any idea what it contains? Pretty easy to condemn a book one has not read.

According to FoxNews.com , the book is published in Iran and contains biographies of Islamic suicide bombers and other Islamic militants who died while carrying out their attacks.

Fox, of course.

Just a book, that's all. Without reading it one cannot accurately pass judgment. I guess we need rid of Mein Kampf, and other biographies on Hitler, or Mao, or..
edit on 28-1-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Liquesence because: speeling [sic]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Honestly, you sound like the naive one to me. Because books DON'T kill people obviously. This book is a biographical account of martyrs according to the copies I have found on amazon... Not exactly suicide bombing for dummies.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Everybody knows the Mexicans who are just looking for a better life need something to pass the time while they march ever northward. Of course they would pick this particular book because it is sooooo in line with their religion and culture.
edit on 1-28-2011 by groingrinder because: My keyboard keeps dropping letters.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Honestly, you sound like the naive one to me. Because books DON'T kill people obviously. This book is a biographical account of martyrs according to the copies I have found on amazon... Not exactly suicide bombing for dummies.

And exactly what kind of person would be interested in owning and reading such a book? And be interested in sneaking across the border with it since obviously what is carried is at a premium?

So, no. Not me ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

A star for you. For doing the research. Not that I agree with the book in question.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Finally! Let this book put a magnifying glass on the southern borders! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, my hopes are that they announce there are terrorist at the border so it gets the much needed attention it has never gotten... Not that this book means anything but announcing terrorist at the southern border would be the best news I've heard in a while, hopefully they could move forward in securing it....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

The Border Patrol has known about the OTM issue for quite some time. The LAMESTREAM media refuses to run with the story though.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just to throw fuel on the fire. . . .

Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks. I read that in the other thread. It makes me wonder how many have not been caught. Surely this is not the only terrorist that has tried to come into the US? I think he was only caught because he was too lazy to walk across the border.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just to throw fuel on the fire. . . .

Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Busted for not reading the entire tread before posting.

I posted the exact same article on page one of this thread ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Humble apologies.
I'd blame Bush, ADD, ADHD, scotch, but it is my fault.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

nah, just blame Canada!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We are going to have home grown dirt bags and some that slip through the cracks no matter what we do. Just have to make sure that us as Americans keep our eyes open and ears peeled to watch each others backs. If I saw some shady character I would call his azz out quick like, no exception.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Terrorist book found in Southern Arizona is downplayed by DHS.

PHOENIX - Officials have confirmed a book known for celebrating suicide bombers was found in the Arizona desert. An official with the Department of Homeland Security told ABC15 a copy of "In Memory of Our Martyrs" was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent working out of the Casa Grande substation who was "patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs." "At this time, DHS does not have any credible information on terrorist groups operating along the Southwest border," an official said in a statement. "We work closely with our partners in the law enforcement and intelligence communities and as a matter of due diligence and law enforcement best practice, report anything found, no matter how significant or insignificant it may seem.”

Our porous borders can no longer be ignored. I have been saying since 2003 how terrorists were coming across the southern border. In several threads I have detailed the time my cousin found about a hundred terrorists masks and pairs of black gloves in a Illegal alien staging point outside of Tucson. Do you people think that they are not coming across?

"about a hundred terrorist masks" ....................... Are you in some sort of MSM propaganda class in school?
Please provide your definition of a "terrorist mask."

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Terrorist books, now terrorist masks? Holy hell, now we need to wage war on clothes too. I guess now we run around naked and don't get taught to read anymore

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Plenty of people like to read all kinds of different books. Some people read a lot of biographies on serial killers and true crime books. Doesn't mean they are going to go around being a serial killer or something. Besides, all that we supposedly know is that a book was found. Anyone could have dropped the thing, including whoever found it. Maybe someone just wanted to get on the news?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Plenty of people like to read all kinds of different books. Some people read a lot of biographies on serial killers and true crime books. Doesn't mean they are going to go around being a serial killer or something. Besides, all that we supposedly know is that a book was found. Anyone could have dropped the thing, including whoever found it. Maybe someone just wanted to get on the news?

Last time to try logic and reason with you.

1 - People read books be cause like them or they have to. So, why a book on muslim martyrs unless you ARE interested or you have to read it for some reason or purpose? Hardly like picking a copy of People Magazine just to kill time?

2 - When you are sneaking into the U.S., all your worldly possessions are what you can physically carry. So, why a book on muslim martyrs when food, water and clothing would be necessary to even stay alive?

3 - ATS is a CT website. If finding this book where it was found isn't fodder for a good CT, then I wouldn't know what is.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
1 - People read books be cause like them or they have to. So, why a book on muslim martyrs unless you ARE interested or you have to read it for some reason or purpose? Hardly like picking a copy of People Magazine just to kill time?

Your logic is flawed though. I like to read a lot about psychology, studying psychopaths, see how they tick. That doesn't mean that my interest in someone that kills people and eats them, is because I am interested in doing it. I like to watch slasher flicks, read horror books, doesn't mean that I am going to go put a hockey mask on and chase people with a machete. Someone happened to want to read about some martyrs, which by the way are not only people that blow themself up, that doesn't necessarily mean the reader wishes to become a martyr. Maybe they just wanted to gain some insight into how they tick?

2 - When you are sneaking into the U.S., all your worldly possessions are what you can physically carry. So, why a book on muslim martyrs when food, water and clothing would be necessary to even stay alive?

Like I said, we don't even know who dropped it, and if it was even an accident. Maybe someone put it in an area they know gets patrolled to be found. It doesn't mean that some crazy muslim snuck across the border, and oops fell out of his terrorist's backpack. Perhaps it was planted by someone who is really sick of the open border? Hell, everyone knows that people involved in mexican drug cartels are sneaking over by now, does that compel the government to do anything about it? Nope, so maybe they thought they would use the terrorist hysteria to draw some attention to the problem into the mainstream. Maybe even a border patrol put it there to do just that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed though. I like to read a lot about psychology, studying psychopaths, see how they tick. That doesn't mean that my interest in someone that kills people and eats them, is because I am interested in doing it. I like to watch slasher flicks, read horror books, doesn't mean that I am going to go put a hockey mask on and chase people with a machete. Someone happened to want to read about some martyrs, which by the way are not only people that blow themself up, that doesn't necessarily mean the reader wishes to become a martyr. Maybe they just wanted to gain some insight into how they tick?

You also have to admit some do all the things you say you like to do for reasons not so innocent.

And I wonder how many normal people really want to know "what makes a martyr tick"? I seriously doubt many do. And quite frankly, the way you describe yourself does not sound all that normal to me - unless you are also a medical professional.

At any rate, maybe you were also just foolish enough to put yourself on a watch list by saying all of that on the internet.

And what exactly is wrong with raising a "yellow flag" over this issue?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join