It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist book found in Southern Arizona is downplayed by DHS.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

PHOENIX - Officials have confirmed a book known for celebrating suicide bombers was found in the Arizona desert. An official with the Department of Homeland Security told ABC15 a copy of "In Memory of Our Martyrs" was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent working out of the Casa Grande substation who was "patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs." "At this time, DHS does not have any credible information on terrorist groups operating along the Southwest border," an official said in a statement. "We work closely with our partners in the law enforcement and intelligence communities and as a matter of due diligence and law enforcement best practice, report anything found, no matter how significant or insignificant it may seem.”

Our porous borders can no longer be ignored. I have been saying since 2003 how terrorists were coming across the southern border. In several threads I have detailed the time my cousin found about a hundred terrorists masks and pairs of black gloves in a Illegal alien staging point outside of Tucson. Do you people think that they are not coming across?

edit on 1-27-2011 by groingrinder because: To provide enriching content.

edit on 1-27-2011 by groingrinder because: Same as the first.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh snap, now books are committing acts of terrorism too? Time for a war on the LIBRARIES! Saddle up marines!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I challenge you to find this book published by Iran in any US library. Go ahead.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

PHOENIX - Officials have confirmed a book known for celebrating suicide bombers was found in the Arizona desert. An official with the Department of Homeland Security told ABC15 a copy of "In Memory of Our Martyrs" was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent working out of the Casa Grande substation who was "patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs." "At this time, DHS does not have any credible information on terrorist groups operating along the Southwest border," an official said in a statement. "We work closely with our partners in the law enforcement and intelligence communities and as a matter of due diligence and law enforcement best practice, report anything found, no matter how significant or insignificant it may seem.”

Our porous borders can no longer be ignored. I have been saying since 2003 how terrorists were coming across the southern border. In several threads I have detailed the time my cousin found about a hundred terrorists masks and pairs of black gloves in a Illegal alien staging point outside of Tucson. Do you people think that they are not coming across?

Lmao…

Sounds like the passport of the Mohamed Atta…! Thanks for the laugh…

edit on 27-1-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

well i have been saying that for 10 years what is there to stop them from coming a cross the desert?? nothing that is what they live in if they be from Iraq, Iran SA Yemen, maybe this will prove it to the nonbelievers and if something does happen, they have them self's TPTB to blame

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Our government is in a supposed war against terrorists thousands of miles away across the Atlantic Ocean. It stands to reason that if they were serious enough to spend the money to do that, they would realize that anyone can walk across the border with bomb components or biological material. But the Government is more focused on putting it's own citizens in jail for various trumped up reasons. It does not take a genius to see that the Government is ignoring the true terror threat in order to practice political pandering. The Democrats would rather put conservatives in jail instead of foreign terrorists.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

I hope you are still laughing when they blow up your town. I know Obama and Napolitano will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Lol sorry dude, all that the OP had in it when i looked was a broken link. I don't have any use for libraries, i can get any book I want for free in ebook format online lol. Interestingly enough, amazon has a few copies of the book. It seems to be a book, containing biographies of some suicide bombers.... Hardly dangerous, certainly not a terrorist....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The government is more interested in making the prison owners money, than they are about their constituents. Sad but true. I have been calling for secure borders for about 10 years now, so we are definately in agreement on that point.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mods I found an earlier thread on this subject you can close this one down and direct traffic to the other thread.

The earlier thread is located here.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Oh, they are coming, alright. No secret that many of the illegals actually caught are NOT Mexican; they come from all over the world, to enter through the southern border. Tunnels have been found big enough to drive trucks through, too. Anyone could have brought in virtually anything, at this stage. Something to make you think twice, eh?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

How do we know that the book wasn't planted there to scare people into closing the border? Problem. Reaction. Solution.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Oh snap, now books are committing acts of terrorism too? Time for a war on the LIBRARIES! Saddle up marines!

Seems like a very naive statement to me.

You're saying, "Books don't kill people, terrorists do"? If so, that would be true, except book DO show terrorists how to kill other people.

The question HAS to be asked, what was that book doing where it was found, and what is its former owner planning to do?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Oh, they are coming, alright. No secret that many of the illegals actually caught are NOT Mexican; they come from all over the world, to enter through the southern border. Tunnels have been found big enough to drive trucks through, too. Anyone could have brought in virtually anything, at this stage. Something to make you think twice, eh?

The people practicing the "ostrich principle" (sticking their head in the sand) might want to read this article.

source

Far from basing their ties to terrorism on the OTMs' (Other Than Mexican) nation of origin alone, Border Patrol agents have, in many cases, found frightening physical evidence, according to the Committee's report.

"A jacket with patches from countries where al Qa'ida is known to operate was found in Jim Hogg County, Texas by the Border Patrol. The patches on the jacket show an Arabic military badge with one depicting an airplane flying over a building and heading towards a tower, and another showing an image of a lion's head with wings and a parachute emanating from the animal. The bottom of one patch read 'martyr,' 'way to eternal life' or 'way to immortality.'"

Seen enough? I have ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And then this just in ...

source

U.S. border guards got a surprise when they searched a Mexican BMW and found a hardline Muslim cleric - banned from France and Canada - curled up in the boot.
Said Jaziri, who called for the death of a Danish cartoonist that drew pictures of the prophet Mohammed, was being smuggled into California when he was arrested, along with his driver Kenneth Robert Lawler.
The 43-year-old was deported from Canada to his homeland Tunisia in 2007 after it emerged he had lied on his refugee application about having served jail time in France.

How many more of theses people has ICE and the border patrol missed????
edit on 1/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Right on! I starred all your replies. I am glad you linked to the OTM issue. I forgot to do that in my haste. This issue does not get LAMESTREAM news coverage, so I guess most people just do not know about it.

I also want to note that I have recently come to realize how the real racists on the immigration issue are the people who think it is somehow OK to pay a brown man less for his labors than you would pay to a white man for the same amount of work.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

Right on! I starred all your replies. I am glad you linked to the OTM issue. I forgot to do that in my haste. This issue does not get LAMESTREAM news coverage, so I guess most people just do not know about it.

I also want to note that I have recently come to realize how the real racists on the immigration issue are the people who think it is somehow OK to pay a brown man less for his labors than you would pay to a white man for the same amount of work.

OK, but please don't try to turn this into a racial issue when the point of your own OP is that it is a terrorism issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

but america was built by slave labor err ..immigrants**

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Already a thread:

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Already a thread:

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe threads are allowed to co-exist in both Breaking Alternative News and U.S. Political Madness.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join