It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: ‘US Empire’ will fall due to lack of faith, not finances or war, author warns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

As many in America longingly talk of "recovery" from the most devastating economic condition since the Great Depression, others have begun thinking in a very different direction, urging fellow citizens to prepare for the worst.
Dmitry Orlov, author of "Reinventing Collapse: The Soviet Example and American Prospects," is one of the latter

www.rawstory.com...

It is interesting reading this article and comparing the allegations to what’s going around me. I have to agree with the author Dmitry Orlov and his observations. We have many empty commercial retail spots sitting here in our town, and the Wal-Mart store that I shop at has cut their inventory to half of what it used to be. Unemployment is at its all time high here, as well.

More and more people are becoming disgusted with our politics in Washington as we are witnessing most politicians only serving the elite and global corporations, while ignoring our economic melt down. The government working with the Federal Reserve believes throwing fiat money at the problem and hoping the recession will go away.

The problem we have here is the greed in the huge corporations decided to close up shop here, and rebuild in third world nation for slave wages, and little to no regulations on pollution laws.

It is one thing to build commerce and become wealthy from the sweat of low paid Americans, but it is disgusting to shut down our companies and move overseas or Mexico for more profits, while leaving our own people unemployed. This is exactly what has happened, however this is not enough for these greedy conglomerates, as many of them that are still here in America don’t want you to work for them and they don’t care what education or degrees you have, because they can ship in any educated foreign white collar workers who will work for less money, less benefits, on a “work visa,” I have witness this first hand myself.

The only way to bring America back is to bring back our industries. For once I would like to see our politicians grow a spine and say enough is enough, no more pandering to the world elite and their many global corporations.

If Americas’ huge corporations do not produce products and contribute to the American work force then we are left with nothing. Yes, you can join the growing military or become a doctor or work in the medical industries since there will always be sick people.
However, how long will it take, before that labor market is tapped out to foreign labor interest?

When people are not producing, and people are not making money, therefore there is no money to buy products, then you can expect these global corporations to have no selling, or trade? Greed always ends up destroying itself, and that is what we are going to see happen.

The author Dmitry Orlov wasn’t kidding when he said Americans are losing faith in our government, we are witness this right now all over America. People are disgusted to exposed corruption in Washington, while politicians continue to go unpunished and believe they are above the laws of our land.

"Basically the people in this country are powerless," he suggested. "So they should probably focus on things closer to home."

The Democratic system in America is quickly eroding, because our elected officials are no longer working for our interests.
Is this change that we can count on?
Is this transparency in government?
Is Guantanamo Bay closed as promise?

What are your observations, in our politics?
Do any of you see America recovering from this financial meltdown?

edit on 27-1-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If the U.S. government continues to act in the way they have been, I don't see the American empire ever fully recuperating. In the event that economic conditions do not make any kind of improvements soon, there won't be much chance of a truly successful recovery.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I saw with interest this article earlier today.

Originally posted by impressme
The Democratic system in America is quickly eroding, because our elected officials are no longer working for our interests.

I have been yelling BANANA REPUBLIC where our nation is concerned for quite some time.

But it's not just our public officials who are to blame. The electorate permitted this to happen, as well.

It's frustrating, but 'We the People' apparently aren't very bright. :shk:

America appears to have lost its commitment to itself. Until that is fixed. it's a ride downhill for sure.

edit on 27-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I see America recovering everyday.

I see the egotistical, greedy, materialistic attitude that has engulfed this country slowly eroding. Why? Because many can't afford to play this "game" anymore.

It's time to wake up and live in the real world. Two years ago I took everything For granted. In september, 2008 I had a wake up call. I had to find true hapiness, rather than doing what many in the USA do which is buy happiness. I sold my new car and bought a used. I quit going out to eat every week. I quit seeing new release movies every week.

I made personal financial decisions that I can honestly say have helped with my hapiness. Do I have the newest toy, this seasons latest fashion, or am I always in my cities "scene"? No, and to be honest I've learned to like it that way.

I've realized that life is not about a pay check. Life is about friends, family, and helping each other.

The biggest expense Ive had over the past 2 years was a friend and I taking a trip to Botswana. My buddy and I didn't spend much money and basically just hung out with the local folk. It was the best thing I've done in my life so far. When you see people happier than you are who don't have 1% of what you have it really is a reality check.

America will rebound if we drop this "USA, were number 1" egotistical BS. Yes everyone wants to be on top, I get it. The problem is when you think being on top is being the wealthiest country, and you sell out your own loved ones for that wealth, then you realize that you were never on top to begin with.

America is growing up. It's about time.
edit on 27-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To add,the health-care field is exploding only due to the mounting sickness in American society. However,money(or the growing lack of it), ultimately stands between getting treatment and the people who need it,further exacerbating the problem of having a healthy,productive society.

Another growing industry is the for-profit prison industry. The thinking is that as more people 'lose it',jobs can be created by simply building more prisons and expanding the legal system. This too undermines the efforts to create a healthy,productive society.

These two things are examples of the many bubbles created that do nothing to fix the real underlying problems.Eventually,there comes a time when there simply aren't enough productive members of society left to support any of these things. Then,the real breakdown will occur. Everything happening now is simply the old 'stuff a finger in the hole in the dike' and hope the leaks don't get bigger.

In the end,none of this stuff matters. The planet has finite resources. Even as the world turns into a giant toxic,cesspool of waste before our eyes, people continue to create more 'stuff' to fulfill false needs in order to keep cyclical consumption going,further eroding our planet's carrying-capacity. We've created an ever-growing monster of environmental and social problems that we never planned for how to deal with or didn't foresee and now it's coming home to roost. Like it or not,the planet is in real trouble and there won't be any recovery,only more pain.

And remember,kids:

'It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society'-Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yeah, that was the Soviet plan. The enemy within. Infiltrate, corrupt, and destroy.

The Chinese plan is economic warfare, aquisition by stealth, demoralization, create dissent and instability.

The game is not over yet. Once we get our fat asses off the couch you"ll be begging us to sit back down.

The People of The United States of America have given more to the advancement of humanity

than you will ever know. Even with the sometimes dark and questionable process.

Never underestimate The Comeback Kid.

My forefathers,relatives, and family friends were there that day. And they sure didn't give there lives

for a subversive internal/external takeover of The United States of America. They gave their lives to prevent

such a future, and to free you as well.

LINK www.youtube.com... 1 of 4

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Good for you! Well maneuvered and well said.

That's what I like to hear. Real People. Hey,,,the moneys always good, but its just icing on the cake
considering the short time we are all granted on this world.

Good karma

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I have the same sentiments. However, I do not feel that it is necessarily entirely hopeless. The prognosis is not good, but I think there is one last thing that could be tried. After all, the power IS within the people when we really want it to be and the victims know this very well. We will have to make some drastic changes but if successful, the outcome would be worth our inconvenience, because ultimately, that would be the only cost to us in this battle. Otherwise, we may end up like Egypt, and I do not even want to think about that.

Why not we the people start getting into certain corporations wallets by just stop doing business with them? Start out small, locally, pick a business that is known to be part of the problem and not part of the solution and blackball them. Just flat out shut them off. Make the small adjustments to our lives, surely there is another option or another place to get it, or take active measures to get out from under contracts asap, whatever works. So what if you have to drive a little further and maybe pay a dollar more, remember the bigger picture. Then, when the business is at the next council meeting crying to have a law passed to make it illegal for the residents to not do business with them, the resident spokesperson steps up and tells the council why they did what they did. Tell the truth without any ambiguity and then send a message that another business, of popular vote among the residents, will be suffering the same consequences, then the process is again repeated. I think that is a revolution that would work if it could just spread throughout the nation, starting small and cleaning up their own house first. I do not think it would take very long for certain individuals in our corporate and political world to get the message when corporations start losing 3/4 of their customer base and change their ways, or else their time in business may be shorter than they think. Start getting rid of some of the greed around our towns, and then we can reclaim the land and allow people to farm again and we will be able to eat some good food. But I digress. Why wouldn't it work, maybe with some modifications but the concept at least? Once corporations see that we are mad as hell and not taking it anymore and should the idea spread, eventually we collectively as a nation could take on the really big problem creators, while at the same time controlling who we want in our communities and who we do not. If you think about it, corporations need us more than we need them, the public controls the demand of products. After all, what else is there to do, as a nation without a common goal, we are bored as hell with nothing to do.

Just sayin...

BTW hello all, first post. I hope I did not break any rules already.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

The People of The United States of America have given more to the advancement of humanity

than you will ever know. Even with the sometimes dark and questionable process.

Never underestimate The Comeback Kid.

I agree the United States has given plenty of advancement of Humanity. The United States has done some wonderful things for many third world countries and I can’t complain about that, However we can not ignore the growing problems that our politicians are not doing anything to help this country to rescue this financial meltdown.

My forefathers,relatives, and family friends were there that day. And they sure didn't give there lives

for a subversive internal/external takeover of The United States of America. They gave their lives to prevent

such a future, and to free you as well.

I understand where you are coming from,
and I certainly support such cause in protecting the United States and our friends, however I can say our governments have been taken over by global Corporations not just America, but most countries where they are doing business. Have a look at Europe, their economy is a mess and the reason is like here these corporate thieves got away with scamming their citizens out of billions of dollars like Lehman Brothers and Fannie Mae. What accountabilities did we see? None. No instead our politicians working with the Feds threw more money at them rewarded them for their theft. I know Lehman Brothers is now gone but look what they did to our economy, they were not the only one’s stealing, there were many Wall Street bailouts given to the fraudsters who stole billions. Talk about rewarding criminals? Only in America and Europe you can get away with such a crime.

The fact is, we will never see any accountability in the Banking cartel is because many Congressmen are promises high positions and CEO jobs with some of these corporations when they leave office.

Where does it state that huge corporations and the people working for them are above the laws of our land? Again look at what BP got away with after they destroyed the Gulf of Mexico. Look at the millions of dollars in job loss, billions of dollars in environmental damages and Billions of dollars in long term illness that will last for many decades. Yet, not one person was arrested or found guilty for such a preventable disaster. Go ahead and dump your used motor oil down a street drain and see how fast you or I end up in jail, yet BP Oil Corporation can thumb their fingers at our laws and at the same time get away with destroying our livelihoods, especially the Gulf coast residents.

No, what we are witnessing is a takeover in our governments of world corporate greed, and we didn’t see this coming.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Very good post, skewed. The number of those of us who are mad as hell, is way larger than the group of weenies that have control right now. We have to remember, they are a minority, they just have bigger mouths. We must stick together, because they know they will never win if all of us get so pissed off, we run them off forever. Or another 100yrs. Liberals are like a bad rash...

new topics

top topics

join