It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I just pulled some cash out of my wallet to have a look. Yup, there it is, right under the words, "The United;"

"This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private"

DHS can suck my fuzzy brown balls.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief
reply to post by NightGypsy

I use a reloadable or prepaid visa card and I have for years. I have been to the states and hired a car with it. All I had to do was phone them and ask for them to remove that restriction and they did.

Cash costs any business a fortune to bank, that's why a lot of stores (I know it happens in the UK) ask if you want cashback when you pay for your goods in a store.

If you pay by card then they save a lot of time and hassle and there's no need for extra staff to process the payment, count and bank the cash.

I now use my cards to pay for sums so small that years ago I would have been ashamed of, I rarely carry cash and I actually prefer to pay by card.

I suppose there's an argument for saying that making people eventually use cards only will help to cut down on crime and illegal immigrants. Unless you're doing something illegal, shouldn't be living in that country or evading paying taxes then what is the problem?

It sounds like some people are just frightened of progress.

I just wanted to say, I'm frightened by banks, corporations and the government, the people who smoke power and crave more. They get enough to fill their pipe, then get a bigger pipe. Ween them, put them in rehab, then when they have no power and crave no power send them out to the working class, where one day a pot head will introduce them to recordings or bill hicks, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
we all now money is legal tender and must be accepted and its law, but guess what people laws can be taken away and changed at any time and for the better, are the pot heads freeking out at not having cash to buy their #. LMFAO

Here's one that kids will understand, bad people wont be able too do bad stuff that involves paper money,it doesnt fix all the problems but hey its a start,when your a bit older i'll tell you about how the people made sure that this system was transparent and we the people kept it uncorrupted, give it a try

Roll on 1000 yrs to startrek,i cant beleive people used money, so primitive

THERE IS NO LAW that says you have to accept Federal Reserve Notes as legal tender, if there is PLEASE SHOW US. I have never seen ANY law which purports that. See how far off people are when they do not investigate before they post.

If I could find the law, I would show you, but there isn't one, so I can't show you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
is this legal?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by pianopraze

well there is a DHS law that this towns leader ship is using as it's reason why it will not take cash come may, it is also part of the "p" act that is the patriot act.

The patriot act says we can't make paymnts of more than $2500 in cash. That'd be a lot of water (or a lot of records)

Why do people cite the patriot act? No matter that the government conciders it law, we know it's unconstitutional. Unless we deny it at all instances, though, they will continue to concider it law. We can't just say "it's unconstitutional, but they do it anyway". We have to take out the but. Don't let them. Discipline them until they behave like adults,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I imagine, that even the prepaid debit cards, there is some sort of charge associated with them...so, well, we now have to pay to use our money???
those who justify this, welll, sorry, I'm not buying it....
it's like the healthcare law in so many ways.....they are trying to force you to do your business with a healthcare industry...
well, this is forcing you to do business with a financial institution....
and, if one is unconstitutional, so isn't the other!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

There is really something in the "Crapsheeple Act" that says something about using more than 2500 cash? If that is true, now I know how I made it to the nofly list... Paid 5 grand cash for my motorcycle...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hulahanna1968

Oh boy, hold on your hats folks. Whatever California does, New York tends to follow. Greedy bastards!! I knew about ten years ago that this would eventually take place. Clues included the following: 1) Elimination of store coupons - replaced by membership discount cards. 2) The pressure from employers to get "direct-deposit". 3) The elimination of paper food stamps and welfare "checks". 4) Subscriptions and mail-orders by credit card only. 5) Major discounts on purchaces if paid by credit card only. 6) The massive push to check your credit score and improve it.
These are all the subtle tactics that have been used to prepare the public for this ban on cash. Now they're pushing for SSI to be direct deposit only. Oh, and don't forget the requirement for gun permits and the EZ Pass for the toll-booths on the highways.
Get ready folks, it's only going to get worse. Our country has become communistic, and the american people are just too stupid/ distracted to even notice. Don't even get me started!!!

Commie YES,

and don't forget about guns .... only criminals have illegal guns.

and only criminals will have illegal CASH!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I imagine, that even the prepaid debit cards, there is some sort of charge associated with them...so, well, we now have to pay to use our money???
those who justify this, welll, sorry, I'm not buying it....
it's like the healthcare law in so many ways.....they are trying to force you to do your business with a healthcare industry...
well, this is forcing you to do business with a financial institution....
and, if one is unconstitutional, so isn't the other!

This brings up the federal reserve, a private banking organization that makes our money. And, since they makeour money for us, they charge us for it. So cash too has a surcharge with it. I guess your stacking charges if you use checks or cards. Although, as long as the law is federal and has to do directly with the economy then it falls under the commerce clause of the constitution.

If the haitians would rather go hungry than take seed from monsonto we can do without any of our current ways of purchasing for long enough to set up a new one. Court cases have set precedent for morgages and other bank loans to be void because the banks have nothing to back up the loan with, just fake fake money they have created from real fake money. That eliminates a big chunk of inflation and the rest can be taken care of by a trade in of federal reserve notes for a slightly less amount of government backed greenbacks, based on our gold reserve as long as our government hasn't gotten rid of too much of it illegally.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adlai
Court cases have set precedent for morgages and other bank loans to be void because the banks have nothing to back up the loan with, just fake fake money they have created from real fake money.

That little tidbit right there pretty much sums up the insanity of the monetary system that is forced upon us lol.
The hell is wrong with people that they cannot see how insane it all really is?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good find DD.

Heres some fuel to the fire for this. Im a Cali resident and ive been on state disability for the past 2 months due to back surgery to supplement being off work. This month instead of a check, i got a BofA debit card with my 2week payment loaded on it. So now Cali is depositing money into BofA for me, which in turns allows them to loan out 3x the amount thats in that account.(Google How Banks loan money)

So i went to BofA to get all cash. "Do you have an account with us sir?"
"I used to but after you sent 2/3rds of the american peoples bailout money to china, i closed my accounts and deal strictly in cash now"
"Ok that will be $45.00 for the transaction sir"
"Excuse me?? i dont think so!! You are making money on the fact the State of Cali put it in there without my approval so you can loan against it, and now you want to charge me to take it out?!?!"

So i walked out and went and bought a new Weatherby 30.06 with it using every last dollar off the card. Since they are tracking my gun purchases anyways, i might as well get something good with it. Im back to work now so i dont have to worry about Cali funding BofA loans on my behalf. But i dont have direct deposit. I support local business by using a check cashing place and paying all my bills with money orders....screw em.

My .02¢

Silver

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I worked at sears for almost three years and while I was working there they added it to the patriot act. The first time I found out about it I was taking a credit card payment. The guy had $3200 so I had to call a manager to take it to the back because that's too much for the register. The assistant store manager came wth loss prevention and told the guy no more than $2500 by the newest version of the patriot act at the time. Then he took 2 payments to get around it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is everyone here twelve or something?

Read it properly...

to pay for public services

And yet 90% of replies completely ignore these few words and automatically assume that the use of cash throughout has been banned.

No wonder so much BS makes it to ten pages of rubbish here, people don't bother to actually read.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Read it properly...

And yet 90% of replies completely ignore these few words and automatically assume that the use of cash throughout has been banned.

No wonder so much BS makes it to ten pages of rubbish here, people don't bother to actually read.

We understand it's a ban on using cash for public services. It's still a ban on cash, cash which states it is legal tender for all debts public and private made so by a law passed by congress in 1933 and the commerce clause which gives congress the power to do so. Not accepting money as money is illegal. Not to mentions the precedent this sets. Most of that was said on the first page of the thread. You have ignored many words.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well, they can say "to pay for public services" all they want in that article cause this just hit my side of the atlantic. and no im not twelve.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Read it properly...

Come on, think.

So you want public services huh?

Step right up...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc2df4c5fb51.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo Courtesy of current.com...
edit on 28-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In Capitalist America, money spends YOU!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I would personally file a lawsuit against the county as I have never had a bank account or a credit/debit card.This is forcing American citizens to do business with a bank and that stands against every principle I hold dear.Is there an anti bank organization?I guess it is up to me to start one if not.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh yeah its coming! They want to be able to track everything you pay for. Can't even go into a grocery store without them tracking you even if you do pay cash because you have to get your discounts and to do that you still got to punch in your card. Don't you want the incentive gifts? Cash is OUT!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is far out, it would be time to replace all involved in this ignorant law. If i lived in this town i would not pay! simple as that . It is a individuals right to pay in any way for services. cash,check.money order,debit card, charge card. The dollar bill states leagal tender for all debts in the usa. They must accept cash. federal law.
People have to jump on this one fast-get rid [ANYWAY YOU CAN ] THESE POLITITIONS WHO PASSED THIS LAW!!!! I HOPE THEY TRY SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN MY TOWN.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join