It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You just don't get it.... wow. I use my debit card for most transactions too, the problem is what is possible or even likely to be the ultimate reason or a secondary consequence of denying the use of cash.

Not even mentioning the biblical implications of the mark of the beast, the denial of cash means that they have absolute control over all of your means of purchase.

If they decide to label you a terrorist or whatever, dissident etc.. they will freeze ALL of your funds. immediately without the ability to protest.

This is the ability to control EVERY aspect of your life instantaneously.

Then you have the whole illegal aspect... There is a reason that our printed money has always stated good for all debts, private and public and that our constitution prevents separate currencies for separate states.

It was to prevent the ability to elliminate the value of any group of people or individual.

Wake up, this is not about convenience, it is about control

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nobody is refusing "Legal Tender", it just amazes me at the amount of fear mongering that goes on here.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

maybe "they" will stop printing cash all together. out of our wallets into our bank accounts...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We all knew it was coming only a matter of time before it is everywhere!

"16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Rev 16-17

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What's the big freaking deal.
You can always get around this.

Go to walgreens. Buy a amex gift card in the amount you need.
Then go use that.

Good luck tracing that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Nothing frustrates me more than going somewhere and finding out that it is cash only. Who even carries cash now? I'm lucky if I've got $20 on me at any point in time. Maybe it's a bit much to go cashless, but I suspect it has much more to do with convenience than monitoring your transactions for some nefarious purpose.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is merely so local and federal Govt's get there tax dollars. Those places that only except cash or prefer cash are not showing cash purchases on their books...oh no what will strippers do...how will I pay for my lap dance...!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This post is probably going to get the most stars in ATS history!...

I'm going homeless, No way I'm ever getting a microchip put into my arm! Screw the new world order! Send me to Guantanamo.

edit: Whoops i meant thread! and flags!
edit on 28-1-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
They are just trying to keep illegals out of their town. Opening a water/sewer account generates a paper trail, and doing so in an assumed name is fraud. So if they don't take cash, the illegals cannot pay their bills, and have to live somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
well the use of cash is on it's way out the DHS want's the use of cash gone, the reason , money laundering and drug cartel as well as terrorism, how can you stop them well ask DSH www.dhs.gov... type in the use of cash and there you can see what they plan on doing are doing and will do.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They are not the only ones. In 2007 I tried to pay a $40 traffic fine with CASH at the Carroll County Gov. Court House offices in Westminster Maryland and guess what....they don't take cash. They will only take checks, cashiers checks, or if you like, a credit card for a fee of $15. Rather than argue with the dingbat at the window I left and came back with my checkbook.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Just as an aside note, in Japan they use their cellphones to enter subway, buy groceries and even a cup of coffee and nobody seems to break a sweat. In the next 2 years, the United States will close this technology gap, which is 10 years behind Japan, and we'll see a payment technology revolution.

But of course lots of us are backward, and insist on physical form of payment. Make your choice
a) shells
b) beads and blankets
c) human skulls
d) US paper money

Are we surprised that Starbucks is NOW doing this in our country??????

Source

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is a gd idea and i hope it happens in the uk,my reason is because you'd kill so many ilegal wrongs in our society and i could name a few.

1.Drug cartels,dealers,users would find it very hard to do anything because pysical money cant be used to sell or buy drugs
2.Money launderying would be non existant because cash cannot be used,therefore cannot be laundered through buisness's for ilegal gains.
3.What about ilegals sending cash out yout country and living in your country using cash,they'd be screwed too and employer would be help to account as well.
4.ohh and we have terrorists that would be totaly screwed and would be deeply hampered without cash.
5.also this would hamper gun trafficers and cut down on ilegal weapons in your country.

The list is endless about what good things could come about this.

Take the tinfoil hat off for a few minutes and see the good in life for god sake,yes there are issue's with this system as there are with every system but give it 10-20 yrs and you will wonder why we didnt have such a system sooner,think off the real losers in this going forward,it wont be joe 6 pack.

The only thing i do worry about with this system is abuse and it being badly thought out and implemented

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

actually, the use of cash has been on the increase, at least it was for every year since 1996 up until the government quit publishing M1 information---which is generally seen as the government's refusal to admit that there is a growing demand for cash, particularly on weekends.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What's the big freaking deal.
You can always get around this.

Go to walgreens. Buy a amex gift card in the amount you need.
Then go use that.

Good luck tracing that.

Wouldn't that be construed as getting around the law? Did't the council state the reason they wanted cash banned was because it was untraceable?
hmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."

This will be overturned as soon as someone takes it to court. It's the law of the land that you can pay cash. It's on the money. It's certainly not the most convenient way to do so, and I'm sure there are those in government that would like everything everywhere to be tracked (ok, most of them), but the fact remains that they are in opposition to their own laws.

It's on the money.
edit on 28-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah - I think there is a reason money is called "legal tender."

Talk about a law-suit waiting to happen.

No government or business has the right to refuse legal tender under any circumstances. I can go into a gas station and pay $20 for gas in pennies if I want to - and if they refuse and I have proof of their refusal, I can take them to court.

Legal Tender:
"Legally valid currency that may be offered in payment of a debt and that a creditor must accept."
and
"Legal tender is a medium of payment allowed by law or recognized by a legal system to be valid for meeting a financial obligation.[1] Paper currency is a common form of legal tender in many countries."

"Formally, it is anything which when offered in payment extinguishes the debt. Thus, personal cheques, credit cards, debit cards and similar non-cash methods of payment are not usually legal tender."

and from the US laws itself:

TITLE 31 > SUBTITLE IV > CHAPTER 51 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 5103
5103. Legal tender
United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

This town is about to take their leaders to court.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

To tell you the truth, I would rather a person's wealth be on their credit, responsibility, and worth, than it be on a piece of gold. A man and the sweat of his labor is worth more than the gold he finds with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
This is a gd idea and i hope it happens in the uk,my reason is because you'd kill so many ilegal wrongs in our society and i could name a few.

1.Drug cartels,dealers,users would find it very hard to do anything because pysical money cant be used to sell or buy drugs
2.Money launderying would be non existant because cash cannot be used,therefore cannot be laundered through buisness's for ilegal gains.
3.What about ilegals sending cash out yout country and living in your country using cash,they'd be screwed too and employer would be help to account as well.
4.ohh and we have terrorists that would be totaly screwed and would be deeply hampered without cash.
5.also this would hamper gun trafficers and cut down on ilegal weapons in your country.

The list is endless about what good things could come about this.

Take the tinfoil hat off for a few minutes and see the good in life for god sake,yes there are issue's with this system as there are with every system but give it 10-20 yrs and you will wonder why we didnt have such a system sooner,think off the real losers in this going forward,it wont be joe 6 pack.

The only thing i do worry about with this system is abuse and it being badly thought out and implemented

Point for point:
1) What makes you think cash is the only way cartels get drugs around? Also what makes you think its the individual drug dealer that makes these transactions? These are people who can launder monies to make it look like the purchase is for something other than what it actually is - a drug transaction. Plus, you can trump accounts to cheat people into believing they are getting their money only to later be fined by banks because the true amount was unverifiable. Sorry but you just opened up a new business for the criminal, not saved the taxpayer a darn thing.
2) Money laundering is not washing dirty money. You can disguise more transactions electronically than you can with currency deposits - WHICH ARE TRACEABLE! Guess you don't know what R.I.C.O. Act is huh? I know, our country has tons of laws. R.I.C.O. is just one of them.
3) Anyone will still be able to send monies anywhere at any time. Heard of Western Union? They take credit cards too. Just because a transaction becomes electronic doesn't mean its foolproof. Quite the contrary - it will be easier to steal electronic funding information once its all out there in virtual world where it can be replicated over and over again, hour upon hour. Anyone that's a victim of Identity theft knows exactly the pain I just mentioned. Wait til you have to pay for something someone else stole, over and over again. Oh and no one that participates in identity theft stole cash right?
4) Last time I checked, the 911 terrorist were paid electronically. Not with cash. Didn't hamper them did it? (Sorry, to those who don't buy the OS/I don't either, but I had to go there.)
5) You obviously know nothing of gun trafficing in the US. It has it's own laundry system. First, the criminal doesn't do his trading at the local Walmart. He goes to other criminals! They sell usage to the weapon, the criminal uses it, returns it and goes about his merry way while the gun goes on to its next criminal activity. They can pay each other in favors and drugs, they don't need your cash.
This just goes to show how ignorant the average person is about the world in which they live in. You base changing our laws to reflect beliefs that are far left in fantasy land. The reality is just the opposite. You ban something, the demand goes up and someone gets rich. Its never changed. All you have to do is substitute the word guns and cash with alcohol prohibition. Same deal different day and in the long run prohibition lost!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
"This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."

This will be overturned as soon as someone takes it to court. It's the law of the land that you can pay cash. It's on the money. It's certainly not the most convenient way to do so, and I'm sure there are those in government that would like everything everywhere to be tracked (ok, most of them), but the fact remains that they are in opposition to their own laws.

It's on the money.
edit on 28-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

OK, so I just tested your theory (that it is the law of the land you can pay cash) and I put a random DVD into my cart at Amazon.com. According to your theory, there should be an option for me to send them cash in the mail for the purchase. I'm going to assume you already understand that Amazon, an American company with distribution centers all over the United States...wait for it...does NOT ACCEPT CASH as a form of payment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join