It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

32 USC 51 - Currency

This is the section that covers the legal tender of the United States. There is a caveat included that says the Feds cannot force a business to accpet US currency. However, the implication is the refusal would fall under the businesses right to refuse business.

City Government on the other hand is not a private entity.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am in complete and total shock right at this moment....I regularly read articles from infowars.com and this one is unbeleivable. Headline reads "California residents hit with gov. ban on paying with cash" I had to read this because even here in delaware we have gotten funny looks if we pay with cash and even in some instances were told we CANNOT pay with cash. The article was disheartening enough but at the end of the article there is a video distributed by homeland security.The video suggests that “Terrorists and criminals do their best to cover their tracks. This may include paying by cash.” The hotel receptionist acts baffled and dumbfounded when a guest asks to pay in cash and says he does not use credit cards. Like a dutiful tattle tale she alerts her manager, concluding “I guess it’s not a problem, it’s just… WEIRD.” The narrator of the video then confirms “This is suspicious behaviour”.

I am just dumbfounded! I have been in the "know" for over 8 years and i heard about this coming along time ago but it was just a shock to really see it put into policy. I now know that next move WILL BE the force implantation of a microchip in evey human, that no man may buy or sell except for he who has the "mark". I watched a video many years ago about how enlisted soldiers are given a card called "the mark card" they must present this card to buy anything on base or for medical attention. And the sattlite which comtrols and monitors these "mark cards" is called "the beast".

I see the end is near with the new "see something, say something" IWATCH army. our walmart is now 1 of 5000 that had installed a new tv in the front that will blare at you gov. propaganda while you are shopping. Big sister will be pushing you to tattle on your neighbors & friends while you are shopping for groceries. And they have a new program for kids to turn in their parents! I know in the many future generations that our offsprings; offspring, will look back at this time in history and wonder why we didn't do anything to stop this nwo. How could we stand idle by and let this all happen. Our future generations are going to hate us forever. Just think of the world THEY are going to have to be a slave in knowing we could have stopped it from happening by brining down big gov! ok i've said enough below is a link to the actual article & homeland security video.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Once again only in California, I swear they think they are their own country. What the hell is wrong with this country anymore? Does anyone actually use their brain to think anymore or do they all live in lala land?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
well this just blows my mind , i just typed in dhs and the use of cash , well it seems that they dhs will being doing the same to MI. i am off to read.
just go some more info back in a sec to post it
edit on 27-1-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You'll note the fine print on American bills reads "Legal tender for all debts public and private". I think that about covers this. The feds will step in and tell them this is illegal soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This brings a whole new meaning to the saying "Your money's no good here"........literally.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hmmm.. I found the Contra Costa Times newspaper. However I cannot find the article the PrisonPlanet claims is there. A few other sites popped up talking about Discovery bay, but nothing from a reputable news source.

just saying something seems goofy...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
original article
edit on 27-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: doh, fixed the link

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

You really think so? Sorry. The present monetary system that uses cash, i.e., bills and coins, is being done away with right before your eyes! It gonna' happen and theres not one thing you can do to stop it!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ok you think that your money is good to use right? well you best think again.
DHS under the drug terrorist act is trying to make your /my good old USD not usable for payment! why???? They can not track were it comes from, and where do they start??? At the city state and local gov, if you can not pay your, city state or local fees with cash then what?? and this is what they are doing, see DHS and the use of cash, also macomb county DHS audit report 2005005, they DHS is trying to make us go carded, why well you will have to show prove who you are.
edit on 27-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
original article
edit on 27-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: doh, fixed the link

Edit: nvm... You changed the link as I was replying to let you know it was the wrong link.

Yeah someone need to file a complaint with the California AGs office. A city is not a private function, and last time I checked could not refuse to accept US currency.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

thank you!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Every prohibition creates its own bootleggers...

I see and smell easy money... I am not advocating before anyone speaks up....

The article seems to actually, cover the topic of the fact it is another over reaction of councilmen who do not want records out in the public...

It seems they have a lot of crooks...

Did they fail to mention that most cities add a few for using those cards... it is also an extra source of revenue...

As I said in my threads.... down we go!

well good find again op...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

let me spell this out for all money can not be traced to it's source a card can , when the last payment was made by who and where and how, when cash is used to make a payment they the GOV has no idea where it came from as far as they know it was drug or terrorist money. and they the GOV wants to put a stop to this and how many will say good it is about time because they have a card and think noting of it where as my self and others can not nor will not be able to get a car my credit is shot the only way that i would fit in is with my savings account bank draft , or cashiers check.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

My thoughts too. How can they refuse cash? There are people AKA "poor people" who have, nor ever will, own a credit/debit card. Owing one requires some type of business relationship with a bank or other corporate organization, and I just can't see a government, local or otherwise, forcing citizens into that. Of course I am looking at the small picture.

I'm not poor, and I use cash at most places. It's just easier and you don't have to worry about having an overdraft. Good thing I don't live in cali.
edit on 27-1-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
They are going to do away with physical cash, or bills and coins, period. Its coming, and theres nothing you can do to stop this from happening. Look it up on the Internet. Type in Fed eliminating cash and see what you can find out. The monetary 'crisis', which was staged and duely noted on CNN tonight believe it or not, is being used to force people into using digital cash, or e-money. Many reasons to do this including control, fraud reduction, taxation, tracking, eliminating costs associated with making and distributing bills and coins, etc.. Its all part of the plan, Stan!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
haha wow i live in discovery bay.......its a small comunity of people. less then 5,000 i would say. I did not know this was going on. wow how funny

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Maybe so but not access internet without it? I dont agree with that one. Besides, if the Govmn't would try to have people sign in to internet with a recognition system such as thumb print or retina scan etc and track what people are doing online you would see a new Max Headroom era where Hackers firstly would jump on the net through any means necessary. There is no way in hell they can stop people from using internet anonymously, Inet is a free system and not controlled by anyone except what America tries to control but even there, there are many ways around their control.

I think the next generation to come if 2012 is calm that is :-) Is perhaps more free-spirited people. It looks to me although through the news vines that people are becoming more and more independent from the Govmn't and dont really care much anymore what Uncle billy bob says up there.

As for cash, well that is a good question, yet setting everyone up for online or CC transactions then they need to Govern the CC companies and not have them privatized as they are now. Think about it, there are so many ways someone could add a zero or a few to the end of their balance if you could access their systems. And with no paper currency that is going to happen a lot, at least a lot more than it already is.

I read about it a while back about people who can add enormous amounts untraceable money to their CC's and many of them have never been caught. The systems as they are do not function correctly. To many people working for all the middle men that have no clue what they are doing. Enormous amounts of monies going all over the place and many have no clue of origin etc. This the CC's and banks will keep very quite about though. Wouldnt surprise me if WikiLeaks had some info on this as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
to add to it, i live in discovery bay a.k.a "disco bay" and i would have to say i pay all my bill via computer. always have. I think its stupid to not have people be able to pay with cash but then again where would we go to hand in the cash? its not like we have a goverment building here. disco is a town and there for we dont have a police department and all patrols are done by the county. the neaest county office i can think of is 20+ miles away
edit on 27-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

one thing i do know is disco bay did have a bit of a cocain problem. i know there was some dealers who lived here. they lived here because disco bay is a higher end comunity. we also have some football stars and such live here as well. so im thinking maybe they are doing this because of the cocain thing.... who knows.

its not a bad comunity just a few problems

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join