It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The people in this town much be P A R A N O I D!! Insanely so!
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm California and this has got me peak'in out the curtains.

HaHaHa!! You are FUNNY!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just realized one thing:

so, a locality passes a regulation as it sees fit. Whether you are a corporatist or an anarchist, you should really welcome that. It's an expression of freedom of citizens who formed a community and are expressing their will as to how this community will do its business.

If you bash this, you bash the notions of freedom, civic involvement and being an American. If my town votes that it accepts payments in wolf pelts only, I may find it strange but heck, that's effectively our vote. So I'll vote for a different official next time. Grow up and face democracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is just wrong. Force people to stop carrying legal tender and use banks that will take their money or lose it all. One more reason to add to the list of why I will never move to Cali.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vforvictory303

how true but they are just getting started, we the people have not seen anything yet, you think it is bad now wait till summer.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What's the big freaking deal.
You can always get around this.

Go to walgreens. Buy a amex gift card in the amount you need.
Then go use that.

Good luck tracing that.
its a great idea but how are you going to buy one when you HAVE NO CASH?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It may be a different form of payment but it still wasn't a democratic vote by the people to institute this ordinance

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone has highlighted the video in the article - this thread is getting too big to read it all. And so it should.

Love it from 2.30 on. Suspicious paying with cash? It is a laugh!

Fortunately going by the comments on it, the DHS's days are numbered.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is something to be watched very closely. Hopefully, this is just an isolated case,but it may be a testing ground and these people may be the guinea pigs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, what backs up the value of plastic then? Our souls? Next Thing they'll say is Something like, "uh uh, were trying to go green without all the green", or " we have a new system to better serve you". Well #$%& that. The people who live there should all refrain from paying water bills, # its a public service. Public service to the public should be free!

REVOLUCION Ahora!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What is the threshold? What will it take for people to realise they are being had by corporate phonies who hi-jacked elected offices? What will it take to get people to take back their freedom from these mentally unstable and sickened human beings who have way to much influence on factors that could make or break a human life?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is the worst that I have seen so far many of us don't even have credit cards. How can any state government force people to do this to me that is not just against our rights, but morally wrong. People need to start waking up and kick some government butt.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

Yes yes yes! But where do we start? The underground revolution must start with us, but how?! Now! The time is now. I know you read our messages and posts but we are about to rise up and u can't stop us by shutting down the net. The innocent will overcome. The people will govern themselves. The new world order will fail.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That is for certain! The NWO will fail. It is a matter of when. The sooner the better. The longer this is dragged out, the more people die, the more resources become depleted and the more uninhabitbale this planet becomes due to pollution and garbage and radiation. Every Empire Falls.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeCheesyUsername

I'm just hoping some day someone comes to my door and says," Mr.Santos are you ready to begin the revolutio?" "Then please put down that Taco and come with us!"

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
First it's cards, then cards with chips, then chips implanted into our skin (or eyes www.youtube.com...)
then total domination of our brains. Who hoo!
As if we didn't strip money of all it's value already, now it's a card that controls you with worthless value attached.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The same people that are making paper money illegal and requiring electronic interaction are the same people that would enslave everybody through a chemically tainted food supply to adjust behaviour, and keep an archive on every living being and what they do, and perpetuate war and illness for profit.

How is anyone surprised by this? There are people who warn us of these kinds of things happening, but dismissed as usual anti-government banter. It is usually too late to do something by the time the ignorant ones clue in.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
In Australia, I started work at 16 back in 1985 and had to have a bank account for my pay to go into, no pay checks even back then. My teenage daughter just started her first part time after school job, same thing, no bank account no pay. I haven't received a paper pay slip for 10 years, you get those online if you want one. The social security here hasn't issued a paper check in 20 years. No bank account, no pay. People here still use cash a lot though, and its quite rare to not be able to pay cash anywhere that I can think of. But if you want more than 2 grand cash from the bank, you have to apply a day in advance so they can get it in for you, crazy. Most supermarkets still have "cash only" checkouts that won't take a card. Most gas stations and small retailers won't let you use a card if the transaction is less than 10 or 15 bucks.
So even in a place where cash is used quite often, you still need a bank account, you just cannot live without one.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is some confusion about the meaning of legal tender (and part is actual grey area of fact).

Private businesses may refuse legal tender currency as payment for goods and services, but may not refuse it as payment for debts. In practice the area between "owing a payment" and a "debt" may be somewhat unclear, but I would imagine that courts would interpret a payment to be for a "debt" when the business practices involved a clear opening of a line of credit from one party to another.

If a restaurant gives me a meal and presents the check at the end, there was no clear debt instrument or agreement created---if you don't pay that is fraud or theft, not defaulting on a debt. If you walk out of a store without paying that is shoplifting, a criminal offense. If you put it on your credit card, and don't pay the credit card (even a store card), that is not a criminal offense, just civil liability.

So, a store could refuse your paying in cash. However, your credit card company cannot refuse payment of your bill in cash.

However, as has been stated, there is US Code which particularly mentions public charges, taxes, and dues, and does not restrict to Federal entities:

United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.
—31 U.S.C. § 5103

So I believe the town is not following the law.

I also object to the notion that people checking public records are "snipers". Snipers kill people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am not positive but I am pretty sure that if someone got pissed off about it and took it to court that they could point out the wording on the currency about being able to be used to pay any and all debts within our borders etc......and they would have to start taking cash......I am pretty sure with it being on the currency it is almost like a contract between the government and the people or some such thing. Call a lawyer someone and ask and let me know if I am correct..........(Kind of reminds me of the Miracle on 34th St. movie where the post office acknowledges him as Kris Kringle so it must be so since they are a government agency) LOL *My mother forced old movies and musicals on me growing up I have lots of useless stuff rattling around up here LOL!!!!*

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join