It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Discovery Bay was established in the early 1970’s as a mostly weekend and summer resort community. Today, Discovery Bay has evolved into a thriving year-round home for over 17,000 residents who enjoy small-town living against the Extreme Jet-Skiingbackdrop of over 1200 miles of Delta waterway.

Currently boasting a full-service marina, 3 public schools and 1 private school, 2 shopping centers and a business park, Discovery Bay now has the infrastructure needed to support residents within their own community as well as serve those who travel to the area to enjoy the splendor of the Delta.

Boaters can navigate from Discovery Bay to the San Francisco Bay, enabling residents to literally go anywhere in the world from their backyard. Whether you enjoy fishing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, or simply exploring the California Delta, there is no shortage of things to do here. Discovery Bay enjoys a wonderful spectrum of seasonal climates including everything from warm summers to rainy winters.

Discovery Bay is no longer limited to simply Delta waterfront homes; it has developed into a community that provides something for everyone. Discovery Bay offers gated lakefront homes as well as Country Club homes located on a world-class golf course. Recent additions include the 2 gated communities of Lakeshore and The Lakes, as well as nearby Ravenswood, a community planned around a new public park.

While Discovery Bay is officially called the Town of Discovery Bay, Community Services District, we are still unincorporated. Our community is run as a Community Services District (CSD) and governed by a 5-member Board of Directors. The CSD operates as a sort of ‘junior’ city providing such services as water, wastewater, landscaping, and recreation and additionally provides a local government which interacts directly with the County. District Board Meetings are held @ 7:00 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at the town office which is located at 1800 Willow Lake Road. Residents are encouraged to attend these meetings - to get involved and stay informed about the issues and opportunities facing the Town of Discovery Bay CSD.

© 2011 Town of Discovery Bay Community Services District. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Photo Usage Policy

Copy and pasted from there web sight.I put a call in to there office and will hear back on monday i hope, if not i will call again....I would like to know if this IS legal if there was a vote and the residents helped vote for this..If the community voted TO ok this then it might be ok for THEM.No law broken?...I don't know i really want more info.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And the winner for "state most likely to OD from usury greed" is: California!
They all seem to be well on their way to being the kind of cashless society
that'll be the envy of every third-world pet wierdo dictator out there at this rate.

Did I miss something, or does each one of those federal unhandy wipes still
say: "This sucker is legal tender for all debts, public and private" ?
And as far as Big Sis calling anyone using cash a potential terrorist,
thank you for the backhanded complement. This incredible warning was
brought to you as a public service by the Department of Homeboy Obscurity.

This society is upside-down and sideways flipped now. In 2007 (was it)
some hack from the American Psychiatric Association gets on whatever
Hollywood Rectangle and calls the 83% of us that believe "inside
job" were nuts-- I'm in good company. There's noplace like homeboy.

"Oh Darlene, please fetch my blowgun dahlink. I'm trying to hold down
a patient in great need of sedation. Easy now, Sam."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

How right you are. Making drugs illegal can be such a racket- especially when those who make such laws do it for that very reason. I know for a fact that in most "first" world nations, the illegal drug trade is a racket- those governments could easily stop the trade right now if they wanted to, but illegal drugs in many ways help to create a permanent underclass that drags down the rest of society, thereby preventing those "lower" classes from rising up & protesting or overthrowing the New World Order way of running things. It also drags down the vulnerable people in a society that uses cash by eating up all the money that could be saved and/or spent on better things. And in the meantime, the New World Order is lining its pockets. Here's how:

I'm reminded of a 19th century working model of what I'm speaking of that worked all to well for Great Britain not too long ago - & began working for the drug trade ever since. You see, Britain loved, amongst other things, Chinese tea, & couldn't get enough of the stuff. The Manchu Dynasty of China which was in power at the time refused payment for their country's goods in any form but solid silver ingots (called "taels"). Britain, not wanting their economy to be bled white by paying for everything from China in the metal that backed the pound sterling, did two things- it smuggled tea plants out of China to British plantations in India (which was highly illegal in China at the time), & managed to find plenty of underhanded merchants in China who were tired of chafing under the Manchu government that were willing to trade goods for opium instead of silver. Britain grew the opium in India & gradually replaced opium poppies with tea plants- everybody who was a criminal won, and made a lot of money as well. And many of the poor and ignorant of China became opium addicts. The Manchu dynasty fell, because of the opium trade amongst other things, and during that fall Europe & the US made fortunes, leaving China open to Communist takeover.

Is it any different now with the heroin & coc aine trade in so many countries? Whose country will fall next & why? Who is really behind it? Such trade won't work in a cashless society; at least not as well as a cash using one- & the next war could well be one where drug dealers everywhere are fighting the New World Order. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

FROM MAY ONWARDS? Something is up!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we're already being monitored. Go to the bank, cash your check, those serial numbers are being attached to you. Go to Wal-Mart, grocery store, whatever...they make their deposit, serial numbers are transferred again. They already know where you spend your money and what you bought. If they can scan addresses and stamps at the P.O. they can certainly scan a uniform number on a uniform piece of paper. Ever notice how automated banks are these days? I live in CA, a machine counts and distributes the cash to the teller, then to me. CA is a proving ground for the U.S. Have traffic lights on your highway entrance ramps yet? You can thank LA, CA. The good part about CA, is that so many business owners are just trying to survive, half of them don't even ring up the purchase. Good luck with the small businessman, but they're almost gone anyway. If the gov't creates resistance, well then they create resistance. It doesn't matter whether it's legal tender, or illegal. The elite make and break the rules, the commoners pay $$$$$.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is just more proof of how horrible things are getting in america. If people can't pay with cash then the government has full access to seeing all of your payments! This is just like Ghost in the shell! We have to act now or else they will control EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just want to say, for those places where worst comes to worst,
And the gov refuses cash, there are anonymous debit cards available on the web,
You can even get any name you want printed on it. Let them have that.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Seriously i wish everyone would go back to using just cash. think about how much credit card debt there wouldnt be. people would be living honest lives not lives that are 3 more payments away from imploding, and all of a sudden they're broke. cash is king. you got cash you prove you can pay for and afford the services, material possessions ect. you got credit, chances are very good u got debt. but if the first one doesnt work try one of your 5 other cards (average americans carry 5 different credit cards)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This Discovery Bay no-cash policy is a pretext to eliminate anonymous public record requests (PRRs),

Two years ago the board was found to have illegally claimed and received stipends for meeting attendance. One director David Piepho, was forced to return over $6500. Public records request were an integral part of this process.

I have created a website to share information about this situation:
sites.google.com...

The no-cash policy is a concern for a variety of reasons. The disdain the board shows for public records requests is also a huge issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ok so let me get this straight.... one government agency/institution (town government) is refusing to take currency printed by another governement agency/institution (Fed Reserve Bank), essentially telling the Fed to shove their worthless FIAT money where sun don't shine!!! Come on folks, yes it's a serious topic of discussion but am I the only one who is finding this just too ironic???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I hope this is an isolated incident indeed!
I mean, holy cow batman - I don't have a credit card... and hopefully never will!
How would I pay for anything without cash?! I only use hard cash, I don't want to be trapped in a cycle of debt and overdrawn accounts... not to mention leaving a paper trail of my spendings on the grid for all to see -
Stop the planet, I want to get off!!
Wag

Wait for me, Im getting off to.

An "isolated incident", im sure it is at this moment..
but it truly is what the powers that be want to see happen, everywhere.
and Im sure they will continue to try and make it a reality.

I also don't have credit cards, or any other way to pay for things other than with paper money.

unfknreal that we are "potential terrorists" simply because our brains are slightly less "rotted" than most.

fkn fascist , capitalist, nazi BS games.

And Ill never play!
so those in power..
F.U.!
Got it?
go ef yourselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
Ok so let me get this straight.... one government agency/institution (town government) is refusing to take currency printed by another governement agency/institution (Fed Reserve Bank), essentially telling the Fed to shove their worthless FIAT money where sun don't shine!!! Come on folks, yes it's a serious topic of discussion but am I the only one who is finding this just too ironic???

That is not what they are doing. One corrupt government (town government) is telling citizens that they cannot make anonymous requests for information because they don't want their corruption to get out and they want the people making the requests to be accountable (i.e. know who they are so they can put their thumb on them). It has nothing to do with the other corrupt private bank (the Federal Reserve Bank).

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

And while I am so very well aware of that fact... I could not help but have a little fun with it. Lighten up and find some fun where you can. That's all I am saying.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiscobayDon
This Discovery Bay no-cash policy is a pretext to eliminate anonymous public record requests (PRRs),

Two years ago the board was found to have illegally claimed and received stipends for meeting attendance. One director David Piepho, was forced to return over $6500. Public records request were an integral part of this process.

I have created a website to share information about this situation:
sites.google.com...

The no-cash policy is a concern for a variety of reasons. The disdain the board shows for public records requests is also a huge issue.

Thank you for posting!!....So they want to know who is requesting these records so they can do what,retaliate against them?...Im off ck out your website.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So there IS a lot of corruption going on...Do you know if any one plans on taking this to court to try and block this no cash policy?...I sure hope so.They can NOT get away with this.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
So there IS a lot of corruption going on...Do you know if any one plans on taking this to court to try and block this no cash policy?...I sure hope so.They can NOT get away with this.

How can they not get away with it?

It's all privatized. It's not even a town, but a CSD. There are no public services. Everything is private. The "governing body" of the town was formed by the citizens who live there. The water company is private.

It's like an overgrown Home Owners Association.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

What impositions such as this reveal to me, especially if carried out or expanded to a broader level, is the absolute CONTROL of the citizens, and the MONITORING of their every transaction.

Not to mention with many people being sick and tired of the nonsense going on with the banks and pulling their monies out, this could also be used as a measure to keep people absolutely ENSLAVED to that system.

I could not have worded that statement any better... If the public does not become aware of the increasing threat to our well being through censorship/monitored transactions then we, as a race, really are ignorant...

Its only a matter of time until a revolt occurs, at that point the US government/military will begin carelessly murdering American Citizens... and WHEN that occurs,

Say Hello to HOLOCAUST #2!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well why don't they just get rid of the almighty dollar all together - we would be getting rid of germs and we could all feel better with those shiny new debit and credit cards in our pockets. And hey no more change to loose

The people in this town much be P A R A N O I D!! Insanely so!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The people in this town much be P A R A N O I D!! Insanely so!
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm California and this has got me peak'in out the curtains.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So far as I know, if you make an attempt to pay a bill with legal tender, and that legal tender is refused, the debt is negated. So all the residents have to do is record the attempted payment, then when the cash is refused, get a signature to the effect that payment was offered in legal US currency and that payment was refused. At that point the debt no longer legally exists.

It would take a lawsuit in all probability, so I would reccommend that a group walk in together and make the attempt one after another, recording the proceedings, then file a class-action lawsuit to force the city to drop the debts or take legal cash...there are pretty much no other legal options; again, so far as I know.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it's worked all my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join