It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul calls for stopping aid to Israel.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
calling Israel "fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East" is absolutely HILARIOUS

Would it be more helpful that Rand Paul called Israel an aggravating parasite? No need to insult them. As long as Rand Paul's intentions is to cut aid to Israel, he can say as many flowery bullcrap statements as he wants. Finally a politician uses bullcrap for the right reason.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
great news!

i wish my goverment would do same :/

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Obama was put into power to appease the muslims around the world. Making NASA's #1 mission to go out and tell the muslims they are good...how sad.

Meanwhile Obama armed up Israel with the deployment of the THAAD missile defense system to protect Israel from ballistic missiles coming from space.....AEGIS equipped US Navy ships were dispatched to Israel to protect them as well. Extra Patriot Missile batteries and US Army troops sent in...meanwhile Israel has it's own Arrow missile defense and directed energy missile defenses....

America made Israel the most heavily defended airspace in the world. Not even Washington DC is that well protected.

Rand Paul won't EVER get us to stop protecting Israel. If we have to short 500,000 US military veterans of their service disability compensation to fund protecting Israel....we're going to screw over Americans and protect Israel.

Israel runs America. Rand Paul's going to face repercussions for his words. Watch.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We shouldn't be sending 'aid' anywhere until our national debt is paid off.
If people are really wanting to give aid away .... we've got plenty of Americans who need it.
Work through the churches and other private organizations to give aid.
Stop spending our tax money on it.
We've gotta' pay off our national debt first or there won't be an America to help anyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Such a twisted world view you people have..

Saying Israel controls America is like saying the car controls the driver because the driver pumps it with gas...

Get real. Yeah, the aid will be cut, the second the U.S finds no further use for Israel...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Funding both sides of the arms's race almost seems like another " Iran Contra", just this time right out in the open, and nobody questioning it? Interesting~

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
calling Israel "fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East" is absolutely HILARIOUS

i think the poor soul thought it was april the first already and
said the Joke a couple months early

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No one questions it because it's been going on openly for over 40 years. I learned about it college, in class, by a professor who was just matter of fact about the whole thing. Ultimately, are we funding two sides of a fight, yes, but it isn't necessarily described that way. We pay everyone off to play nice, however, the money ends up being used for arms.

I want to know whose doing the banking. We borrow money from China at interest, to give out for free in foreign aid. Yeah, that makes sense. Someone has loan sharking all wrong, we are supposed to loan it out at ridiculous rates, duh
. Now, everyone can go ask China directly and leave us out of the mix, since we're just getting screwed anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
No, we do not fund the Palestinians.

Not true...

U.S. Offers Money to Palestine
By: Annie Gldzhyan
Mon, 03/02/2009 - 1:34pm

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Monday that the U.S. offered more than $900 million to help Palestinian people, specifically those in Gaza. Clinton said the U.S. aid package is designed in coordination with the Palestinian Authority, but first needs to be approved by Congress. She gave assurance that the money will not end up in the wrong hands, such as those of the Hamas leadership of Gaza.

The Palestinian Authority, based in West Bank, is led by President Mahmoud Abbas, whose Fatah party is a rival of Hamas. Although Israel recently ended a three-week military campaign in Gaza, Israel and militants in Gaza continue to trade fire. (CNN)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

I'll go out on a limb here saying that the aid to palestine isn't bombs and jets.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow... didn't anybody tell him that you cannot say things like that in the U.S. government?

I have a funny feeling that his campaign financing will be mysteriously reduced next time around.

On the tangent of funding both sides of a war, I just posted a video about it here if you are interested:
The secret profiteers of war

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm really beginning to believe that Rand pulled a fast one to get elected, maybe in cahoots with his father. He's impressing me more and more everyday, and I was not a big fan pre-election because I was confused about how this apple fell so far from the tree. Maybe it didn't after all. We'll see

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If Rand Paul got into a position of any real power and still kept this attitude, he'd have a nasty accident fast.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"I have a lot of sympathy and respect for Israel as a democratic nation, as, you know, a fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East."

Lol, this guy.

Sounds like the same moron he was when I heard him last year. A shame, I was hoping he'd pulled his head out by now.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
No, we do not fund the Palestinians. Nor do we fund the Lebanese or the Syrians or the Jordanians. We dp give significant aid to the Egyptians, but only because Sadat made peace with israel. We also fund the Saidis, but almost every cent of that is invested into oppressing the people of Arabia; the Saudis have no more interest in Israel and Palestine than Chile or Fiji do.

We fund Israel, and solely Israel, to the tune of three billion every year; and that's only what's documented as such, there's undoubtedly a few more billion floating around in "discretional spending" or simply unremarked spending.

If we were arming the Palestinians, or the others who might actually be fighting Israel, there would probably actually be peace in the region pretty swiftly.

America doesn't need to fund the Palestinians directly. America lavishly funds Israel with loans which are never to be paid back, and gives Israel cool state-of-the-art missiles.
Israel passes some of this funding on to the Palestinians, giving Mossad's puppets in Hammas a little bit of money and lots of toy rockets, complete with aiming instructions targetting poor, Arab-populated areas of Israel.

How else is Israel going to be seen as the good guy in its relentless effort to demoralise, disenfranchise and destroy the real Semites?

Israel funding Hamas, Olmert admits

edit on 28/1/11 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well since Israel has nuclear weapons, has not signed the NPT, and will not open it's sites for inspection, all aid sent to Israeli is illegal. Until ISrael starts following even some of the sanctions against it I'd say cut the aid. Sadly I have no control over what my country does for Israel, and cringe every time a politician speaks about it.

Funding apartheid is not the road to peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I agree this nation can no longer support the efforts of foreign war mongers because there isn't even enough funds to support our own.

I often find myself wondering who'd be a superpower, if the US wasn't, because the fight is actually to be top dog...internationally, not just regionally.

I believe that will be discovered, now that the US is being forced to relinquish our world leadership position. This land is very desirable. A different top dog will most definitely try to overtake it.

Perhaps we will all be speaking Russian, Chinese or an Arab language in a decade, eh?

I prefer to believe that there is One Who will keep that from happening, mainly because I am a mother refusing to believe that my son will live under communist rule, or worse.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hell, I'm all for ending foreign aid altogther but I have to say in some cases like Israel at least they are cooperattive and help us out every once in a while.

We send aid to crap heads like North Korea FFS and they are openly hostile to us.

US willing to resume food aid to North Korea

US willing to resume food aid to North Korea

(AFP) – Mar 23, 2010

WASHINGTON — The United States would consider resuming food aid to North Korea if Pyongyang moves to lift a year-old refusal of humanitarian assistance, the State Department said Tuesday.
"There are profound needs for the North Korean population, and to the extent that North Korea wants to accept aid from the international community, including the United States, we will be willing to consider that," department spokesman Philip Crowley said at a daily briefing.
In June 2008, Washington agreed to send 500,000 tonnes of food aid to North Korea, including 400,000 tonnes through the UN's World Food Program and the remainder through other non-governmental agencies.
In March last year, however, the hermit nation began refusing US food aid, without offering a reason.

This doesn't even pass the common sense test; so the North Korean babies are starving - who cares, guess they can play ball or starve...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

When has Israel helped america out, just wondering? Lavon affair? Uss liberty?
edit on 28-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A very large portion of all that foreign aid ends up in mostly 2 places, depending on the country and circumstances.

Money Pit number 1. Money sits in big "Development" bank. Strings attached to deal dictate that the money is doled out to specific corporations, usually for raping the country of natural resources and lining the pockets of the bankers, through interest, and the corporations for cheap labour and resources.

Money Pit number 2. Money is paid directly coffers of the dictator in charge, much of which is salted away into Grand Cayman or Swiss accounts for the inevitable overthrow and escape, or used to buy weapons to oppress any opposition from the people.

I have ne real opposition to aid, as long as it goes to help the people that need it most, not the banks, private corporations or despots who are politically useful at this moment in time. There lies the problem though, as most "aid" is politically motivated, rather then through any sense of empathy or compassion towards those who are suffering and need it. So, like most things, it's a big money making opportunity for some, and here's the good part, they get the taxpayers back home to fund it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join