It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul calls for stopping aid to Israel.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty surprised by this. I thought AIPAC had Rand in their back pocket. I agree with him 100000%.
No money for Israel, Egypt, Pakistan..... and on and on.

"You have to ask yourself, are we funding an arms race on both sides? I have a lot of sympathy and respect for Israel as a democratic nation, as, you know, a fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East. But at the same time, I don't think funding both sides of the arm race, particularly when we have to borrow the money from China to send it to someone else. We just can't do it anymore. The debt is all- consuming and it threatens our well-being as a country,” Paul said.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

S & F

If we are going to cut aid we should do it across the board.
That includes NATO and the UN as well. We are going broke.

Let the EU and China step up more....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just stop aid to everybody. The money would be better used over here. And while we're at it we could end the war in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think that if he gets any louder on this topic something might happen to this guy. I should put this in the prediction thread.. Israel has too much power in the U.S...It is a nice proposal though..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What is that? Truth?! From a politician? I am very happy that his father's sense, and character passed on to his son. 500 billion in cuts? No more aid to Israel! Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey look, he's having a stopped clock moment. Hold on everyone, he's only got one more left in him!

On edit: re-reading this... dude's got the right idea, but for all the wrong reasons. Does he really think we're funding "both sides"?
edit on 27-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

How are we not funding both sides?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't understand your point exactly. We do fund both sides of the Middle Eastern arms race. Arabs and Israelis are pieces in a greater game.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Hey look, he's having a stopped clock moment. Hold on everyone, he's only got one more left in him!

On edit: re-reading this... dude's got the right idea, but for all the wrong reasons. Does he really think we're funding "both sides"?

The US has ALWAYS funded both sides of any war.

WW1
WW2

The training of middle estern terrorist groups to overthrown the Sha of Iran, Iraq and also in Venezuela. That's just a few things the US has done to throw power into their lap or to their favored friends.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
Just stop aid to everybody. The money would be better used over here. And while we're at it we could end the war in Afghanistan.

Australia should do the same, we send out so much money in aid to despotically broke tin pot nations and get zero return ( looking at you Indonesia
). I say let them fend for themselves and stop suckling the "white mans tit". We are one of the most generous nations on the planet for donating to the needy ( must be some kind of collective guilt thing ) and when times are tough those are the first things that should be cut.

If you can't help your own Countrymen then what good are you ?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No, we do not fund the Palestinians. Nor do we fund the Lebanese or the Syrians or the Jordanians. We dp give significant aid to the Egyptians, but only because Sadat made peace with israel. We also fund the Saidis, but almost every cent of that is invested into oppressing the people of Arabia; the Saudis have no more interest in Israel and Palestine than Chile or Fiji do.

We fund Israel, and solely Israel, to the tune of three billion every year; and that's only what's documented as such, there's undoubtedly a few more billion floating around in "discretional spending" or simply unremarked spending.

If we were arming the Palestinians, or the others who might actually be fighting Israel, there would probably actually be peace in the region pretty swiftly.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

well said mate....beat me to it...why nations feel so comitted so wasting such a large portion of their capital on foreign aid beats the hell out of me....why do they feel so committed to give? If you can afford to give that much foreign aid, why not divide amongst your country men and women in the form of a tax cut?

always hear that the government cant afford tax cuts but they can afford to prop up Muslim schools that teach extremist views that comes back to backfire on you in the future.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Oh please. You guys fund tin-pot dictators for the same reason the United States, or France, or the UK does; because those tin-pots line their pockets with yur money, and scratch your back by giving you their nation's national resources with a substantial discount. Now out of any sort of "white man's burden."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
God bless him, here's to hoping that foreign aid disappears.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To hell with Israel and to hell with Palestine. We have a narco state beheading its' on government officials to the south and every major American city is declining into a third world cesspool. Far more pressing issues at hand than saving thieves and killing savages.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
As more and more of 9/11 comes to light there is going to be a lot of review to the budget and a whole lot of other things.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
calling Israel "fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East" is absolutely HILARIOUS

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
calling Israel "fountain of peace and a fountain of democracy within the Middle East" is absolutely HILARIOUS

I agree, but I think he has to tread somewhat lightly. Thats something that a senator from the US doesn't say very often. He was being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer, a former AIPAC lobbiest himself. lol
edit on 27-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It will never happen, without USA support Israel cannot be the power it wants to be in the region...or what America needs it to be to achieve it's strategic goals. Israel would simply be your basic moderately rich, technologically advanced country...but it would most definitely not have the power it holds right now over the region for very long. I guess it's good that he is at least suggesting it...but it will never happen.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Heres a solution...stop funding Israel America, save your money.......

- leave them to the Arabs to sort out their own differences....

Stop importing oil, find alternative fuels produced locally and you kill two birds with one stone.

Fortress America......same with Australia....save your money, stop funding junk yard dogs to do your dirty work, get your own countries in order first.

We need a rethink politically I beleive, thou I dont see it happening without people/civilians taking control of things into their own hands.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join