It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orb like I've never seen before..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Though yours isn’t flaming, I figure it has to have gotten here somehow.
And I think it’s similar in size, comparing it to the size of the human head

Well at least it’s a start anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Nice find Whateva69! That orb does have a strange similarity. I'm going to assume the artwork depicts a comet or meteor, but then again does it? I would imagine circa 900, that any self luminous object would be considered to be on some sort of fire.

This thread is getting more interesting with each post.

Weeeden, thanks for the info about the camera, that rules out a film defect. Hopefully, when you get back to this location you can try and replicate the photo angle and position and take another for comparison.

Whateva69, I agree with you that Weeeden is here just for the truth and intelligent conversation. She's becoming a favorite of mine with this thread and her other posts too.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

any self luminous object would be considered to be on some sort of fire.

Oh der me...that didn’t even occur to me

See this is why its better when we work as a team

Whateva69, I agree with you that Weeeden is here just for the truth and intelligent conversation. She's becoming a favorite of mine with this thread and her other posts too.

edit on 30/1/11 by Whateva69 because: I Can

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Wow Whateva!! that DOES look like the orb in my pic!!! I showed my hubby and he said Holy # ! lol
And youre my first "friend" on here! It's nice to meeet you!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've been lurking/looking over this thread and the comments daily since it started. I have nothing intelligent to say about the photo so I chose to say nothing(until now
)

I will say that I believed you from the beginning that you did not fake this photo. Mainly adding that in as response to the couple posts where you seemed somewhat saddened by some of the responses of disbelief, but it is a true statement that I believed you for no other reason than I just felt as if you had nothing to gain and were genuinely just looking for answers.

I do find it to be an interesting photo, although I cannot and will not attempt to act as though I actually know what it is.

I am a still a newbie here, but I have gone over and read many many threads. Ok now to the main reason for my reply- This particular thread is possibly the most pleasant that I have read here. I am very impressed with the several skeptics and disbelievers who then came back later to recant their original statements, even though they still have no real evidence to make them believers. Just the general vibe of "ok well maybe I was wrong." It's just a nice thing to see, and I felt compelled to say that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Mainly adding that in as response to the couple posts where you seemed somewhat saddened by some of the responses of disbelief, but it is a true statement that I believed you for no other reason than I just felt as if you had nothing to gain and were genuinely just looking for answers.

I do find it to be an interesting photo, although I cannot and will not attempt to act as though I actually know what it is.

I am a still a newbie here, but I have gone over and read many many threads. Ok now to the main reason for my reply- This particular thread is possibly the most pleasant that I have read here. I am very impressed with the several skeptics and disbelievers who then came back later to recant their original statements, even though they still have no real evidence to make them believers. Just the general vibe of "ok well maybe I was wrong." It's just a nice thing to see, and I felt compelled to say that.

THANk you!! I was embarassingly saddened by some of the responses!! But if people didn't want to believe that I didn't photoshop it, I was glad that there were people that did believe me, and even more so that people took a second look and changed their opinion on it!
You are such a sweetie to say such nice things.. Funny, cause I'm a normal housewife, sitting here in my jammies and housecoat, messy hair and all (this morning anyway, it IS Sunday after all), watching my little guy play his video games, and knowing that people think Im this great (or not so great) high tech photoshopper and whatnot.. Maybe I should have taken it all as a compliment??!
But I really did want answers, and I've gotten some great replies throughout..

edit on 30-1-2011 by Weeeden because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I love your tree avatar so much ... I just want to hug it and cover it in daisy chains

And Weeden your very welcome

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
This particular thread is possibly the most pleasant that I have read here. I am very impressed with the several skeptics and disbelievers who then came back later to recant their original statements, even though they still have no real evidence to make them believers. Just the general vibe of "ok well maybe I was wrong." It's just a nice thing to see, and I felt compelled to say that.

You are absolutely right, this is a very pleasant thread. I'm glad I took that second look. I'm not the type to assume a photoshop right from the get go, the pixellation just confused me at first. There seems to be quite a few very nice people here on this forum. I've added Weeeden as a friend as well, I'm really interested in seeing what she has to say on alot of topics.

A thought just popped in my head. Doesn't the orb in the photo and the one in the painting look similar to a sand dollar:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27a6f2f3ab96.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 30-1-2011 by tsawyer2 because: learning to embed images

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

It does doesn’t it, I’ve often wondered about that.

I have noticed allot of creatures in the ocean seem similar to what floats around us, same as out in space.
Like rods and Weeeden’s orb and then again in the NASA video’s, they look and move in a similar manner to the ocean creatures, like some kind of beautiful dance.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Very interesting Whateva, I didn't think of that. Now, didn't life first evolve in the oceans? Could these orbs be a manifestation of our Ancient heritage?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i'm bumping this thread so new members can have a gander at it.
for some reason i keep thinking about it and keep getting pulled back to look at it, i don't know why.

but any way bump bump

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
so I would like others to help in debunking this photo.

This is everything thats wrong with this site, you want people to help "Debunk", whatever happened to finding the truth?

You really want this to be fake before anything else.

Next time, how about asking people to help prove the credibilty of the photo on the merit that we don't know if it's real or fake.

I think it looks cool, I don't have enough experiance to say real or fake, but I keep an open mind.
Good photo Weeeden.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

I think your photograph is fantastic and it's great that you thought enough to share.

I photograph Orbs in my front and back yard all the time. I actually have a photograph published in the current edition of Ufologist Magazine. I took the photo from my front yard while watching a lunar eclipse earlier this year. I have heaps of photos with Orbs. I even have them inside.

The photograph that has been published actually shows the Orb in motion. The first photograph has the Orb stationary and I clicked again and caught the Orb in motion. I never see them on the screen it is only when I press the button and the flash activates that I sometimes see them briefly on the screen.

Keep posting and do not let the sceptics get to you. The sceptics have questions and need to know they are not being duped. It's a shame that there is soooo little trust left in society.

Your Orb is fabulous I bet you will have more Orbs when you take more photographs.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Could this possibly be a tree sprit? They were cutting the trees down after all.
Dryad
Tree Spirits Image Search Results

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Could very well be a tree spirit.
I wish subjects covering these areas were taught in school.
I have Students asking me questions all the time. Because of the politics I have to tread very carefully but I always acknowledge their questions and try to answer when I can. I would love to let them explore many subjects that are not considered appropriate.

Wish the Orbs would make themselves visible to everyone! And soon!

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Oh I totally agree, but you never know in the future schooling will hopefully be awakened and we will actually be taught subjects we enjoy.

It’s a beautiful thought.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

Its good to post dave i upload lots of stuff from our investigations. Unfortunately you will get folk who scream fake at everything as its the easiest way for them to deal with things. The way I see it is this 'I know that videos I post are genuine and stuff our team cant explain, if people want to think its fake then thats their problem not yours'

As for the picture. In my opinion 99.99999% of all light orbs / rods are natural and nothing paranormal. Unfortunately its a trait of photography that became common with the birth of digital cameras.

I cant tell you 100% what it is but its most likely to be water moisture in the air picked up by the cams CCD.

Its a nice anomoly but its highly likely to be 100% natural.

Nice post though mate

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join