It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sad really. I feel for the Egyptian people. When are police forces going to learn that you cannot stop an idea? When will they learn that they are just as human as their fellow humans who are protesting, and lay down their riot shields and take off their helmets. The governments of the world never learn that tear-gassing people, beating them up, and killing them only provokes them further. I hope something good comes out of this.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
They're expecting something major to go down on Friday, and taking strong arm measures. I'd predict there will probably be deaths of protestors at the hands of security forces before the day is out on Friday. Live news coverage also appears to have been suspended, CNN was showing recorded reports tonight, obviously filtered by the central Government censors.

The western media this morning was reporting that they are worried about the unrest spreading to Saudi Arabia next, but seem to have backed off those statements since then. They're reporting that Yemen has also seen some citizen riots.

Keep your gas tank full. If Saudi Arabia erupts into riots, the price of gas will go through the stratosphere.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Americans can't wake up to whats happened in the country for the past 150 years.

Client states overseas, like Israel, are peanuts compared to the things that have been done.

If a demogogue ever does lead the US in the wake of collapse, I can assure you if they choose between destroying Israel or its neighbors, the theofascists will choose the neighbors any given day of the week and probably even launch a Crusade to do so.

link   
Does this mean Anonymous is all bark and no bite? They did just send Egypt's leaders a clear warning a couple of days ago. You'd think the "super hackers" might have been able to stop this, or atleast provide an alternate form of communication for the people.

link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Not surprising! Thanks for updating with the info!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
For anyone that doesn't know about the warning from Anonymous to Egypt.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I think they will try, but this will turn out like Iran and Thailand unless the Egyptian military takes sides with the protestors, like the Tunisian military did with its protestors.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Does this mean Anonymous is all bark and no bite? They did just send Egypt's leaders a clear warning a couple of days ago. You'd think the "super hackers" might have been able to stop this, or atleast provide an alternate form of communication for the people.

Anonymous are a group of teenagres lurking at an online image board. How influental do you think they can be?..
One out of 500 people surfing in 4chan (eg:anonymous) is a mediocre hacker. Surely not anything to counter any government in the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I think they will try, but this will turn out like Iran and Thailand unless the Egyptian military takes sides with the protestors, like the Tunisian military did with its protestors.

MUBARAK IS THE HEAD OF THE MILITARY

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Anonymous are a group of teenagres lurking at an online image board. How influental do you think they can be?..
One out of 500 people surfing in 4chan (eg:anonymous) is a mediocre hacker. Surely not anything to counter any government in the world.

All it takes is 1 good one. And you're just being silly if you don't believe there are plenty out there. NO hacker supports censorship of media or the internet. I shouldn't have to spell this out.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ATTENTION

Stay on topic. This is not up for debate.

Do NOT respond to this post.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
[

yea surely not
just listen to yourself...a group of teenagers...honestly...your not talking to OAPs here..

they are not teenagers... they are operatives working for .......- isrealiguy fill in the gap for me - ........

same thing was done in iran....its the confused youth thinking its their own peoples fault that they live in a military state. Egyptians are smarter than this which is why mubarak will beat them all to peices....disrespectful...there summed it up in one word

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join