It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It is criminal and in this day in age, INHUMANE, to take down the internet. It a potential source of truth in a world of completely monopolized media. It is a source of communitcation from people to people that must never be broken because there is too much at stake and the people who are bent on power and control will do anything to defend their power and control if that means disabling your communication and blinding you from the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Jacob Appelbaum on Twitter:

The Egyptian Ministry of Information has maintained a link to the rest of the world while denying their people access.

This is not a guess. He checked out all the connections and has the knowledge, how to do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Electronic warfare (EW) refers to any action involving the use of the electromagnetic spectrum or directed energy to control the spectrum, attack an enemy, or impede enemy assaults via the spectrum. The purpose of electronic warfare is to deny the opponent the advantage of, and ensure friendly unimpeded access to, the EM spectrum. EW can be applied from air, sea, land, and space by manned and unmanned systems, and can target communication, radar, or other services.[1] EW includes three major subdivisions: Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Protection (EP), and Electronic warfare Support (ES).

Cyberwarfare has been defined by government security expert Richard A. Clarke, in his book Cyber War (May 2010), as "actions by a nation-state to penetrate another nation's computers or networks for the purposes of causing damage or disruption."[1]:6 The Economist describes cyber warfare as "the fifth domain of warfare,"[2] and William J. Lynn, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense, states that "as a doctrinal matter, the Pentagon has formally recognized cyberspace as a new domain in warfare . . . [which] has become just as critical to military operations as land, sea, air, and space."[3]

In 2009, President Barack Obama declared America’s digital infrastructure to be a "strategic national asset," and in May 2010 the Pentagon set up its new U.S. Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), headed by General Keith B. Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), to defend American military networks and attack other countries’ systems.

Just some points and facts to ponder while you watch the Egyptian Crisis.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeCheesyUsername

"In 2009, President Barack Obama declared America’s digital infrastructure to be a "strategic national asset," and in May 2010 the Pentagon set up its new U.S. Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), headed by General Keith B. Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), to defend American military networks and attack other countries’ systems." (Wikipedia)

And your point is?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeCheesyUsername

"A Ukrainian professor of International Law, Alexander Merezhko, has developed a project called the International Convention on Prohibition of Cyberwar in Internet. According to this project, cyberwar is defined as the use of Internet and related technological means by one state against political, economic, technological and information sovereignty and independence of any other state. Professor Merezhko's project suggests that the Internet ought to remain free from warfare tactics and be treated as an international landmark. He states that the Internet (cyberspace) is a "common heritage of mankind." (Wikileaks)

Its not going to happen! The Internet and all its communications capablities are being used for cyberwarfare, and will be used for cyberwarfare, until hell freezes over!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

This was found on Wikipedia, not Wikileaks! Excuse me.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

My point seems pretty straight forward. Also, what does U.S. Cyber Command have to do with Egypt turning off their people's internet?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I have found many new UFO videos and posts in the past 2 weeks, could it be possible the Egyptians were blocked from spreading word of something happening that we are being filtered from knowing? Egypt is the hallmark of extraterrestrial evidence.

I've also been considering they are revolting against a FEMA like depopulation plan. Something just doesn't add up with them "uprising" so suddenly, in the first days I saw people being shot by these specialized forces that were moved into the city. Why would one go through such risk to revolt against the president, unless it was fight or die. I may be alarmed of the updates in NORTHCON and FEMA plans, but this is something to consider. The first thing that would happen logically is our communication capabilities would be shut down, transportation would follow, as it did in Egypt.

These videos were broadcast over our news stations, and can be easily found.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

These people are fighting for more freedom and democracy, not for UFOs.

Man, how far away from reality can one be?!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They just shut down mobile connections!

Sultan Al Qassemi on twitter:

Breaking Al Jazeera: Mobile phone services have been disconnected at Meydan Tahrir (This is enormously irresponsible of the regime)

Edit to add: Can't be true for all, since journos still are sending tweets directly from the square.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Well they're probably being very selective with the Tweet because of controlling the news maybe?

Hi. Found these while I was on Twitter...

Somone speaking for the Muslim Brotherhood live from Egypt

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

I've been posting calls coming in from Egypt, if anyone is interested, here is the link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another important message from a woman that lives in Egypt (from what I gathered).

www.saynow.com...

And there was one of the calls where you can clearly hear a baby or a small child in the background.

There seems to be a total blackout. I hope they're okay. Here's what I wrote a little while ago on the other thread...

eply posted on 1-2-2011 @ 05:07 AM by Antoniastar
The tweets from Egypt have completely and abruptly stopped. They were flowing in so fast I could hardly keep up with them. I'm getting tweets, just none from speak2tweet.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hey I've put the Al jazeera live stream on on my channel, so that we can share our thought real-time when you decide to watch for a few minutes

live stream&chat link

I found a list with free Arabic on-line TV

tv streams list
edit on 1-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It seems mobile service has been restored to the Egyptian Citizens.

More here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
danjourous stuff indeed, found some relevent (I hope) links.

ATS thread on building a decentralised internet

extending wireless range via satalite dish

lifehacker on egypt

edit on 1-2-2011 by AnonymousJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
After Mubarak's and Obama's speeches last night, people are still without internet and Al Jazeera is still blocked in Egypt.
Dan Nolan of Al Jazeera said, he has problems to watch BBC now, too (no audio since 12 hours), but was not sure, if this is a minor problem or if it is everywhere.
After the clashes with pro-Mubarak protesters at Tahrir place and in Alexandria last night, reports say they are forming big groups this morning to demonstrate for Mubarak.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Pro-Mubarak demonstrators coming out. Al Jazeera reported, that the Ministry for Information gave orders to employees of radio and tv to join.
Frederik Pleitgen reports at the same time, that three of those pro-protesters came to him and told him, they worked for the national Petroleum Company and also were ordered to participate in this.

Australian journalist Hamish MacDonald wrote, the camera of his team was sprayed with paint by pro-protesters.
He also said, it seems the internet is back today.- This is confirmed now, while I was writing.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Globalists are beta-testing for America.

I am sure of it.

Do you think the Globalists have shills in the Muslim Brotherhood ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
forum.prisonplanet.com...

Check it out over at Prison Planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join