It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Haha! That's funny!

Hope you are not deleted because of being off topic.

I just lived to see a hole thread killed by a mod, because of the jokes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

As I stated I would not bring up religion again and I will stick by that until someone talks about the Muslim Brotherhood...maybe you should read what I wrote regarding this...

Freedom to the people whatever they decide, lets just hope the grass is greener on the other side for a change...shall we... : )

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Just read your reply and I appreciate your comments...I agree btw, I wish we could do without the religious aspects of this, but only time will tell...lets just pray that no more innocents get killed...

The terrible part of this is that I planned along with my brother to Visit the pyramids in March, I hope this gets settled by then because I would love to go and visit Egypt...!

ignore my other reply about reading what I wrote...my apologies if it came off rash...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Gunfire is being heard in Cairo streets Mood turns dark as night falls. No police on streets means many nervous.

According to people on the ground in Cairo.

Confirmed news: People in every corner and every area of Cairo at least have made up "Legan Sha'beya" (Public Committees) made up of youth in the area to protect it. They are over running thugs & looters with great success & handing them to Army. It's not perfect but it is going really well.

Aha! I managed to find some news in this thread!

Thank you Asala,

Jr.

Edit: I am actually very much proud of the Egyptian people for standing up to not only the government but also the looters.

edit on 30-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Things are different today. Al Jazeera is shut down. They withdrew their license.
People reported via Twitter. the army is blocking streets and the mood has changed.
Still people are gathering again at Freedom Square.

It also was said, that many women take over the lead of the demonstrations, since their men need a rest after being up all night for neighborhood watch.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's just been tweeted that Al-Jazeera has been taken off the air in Egypt. There was still a live feed up until about 10 minutes ago.

All we will have to go on now is what comes out of the likes of CNN and BBC which won't show the full picture the way Al-Jazeera was.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

i guess this confirms that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think these Protestants would not accomplish anything, one president would go another will come but everything else will remain the same.

Wave Of Protests....Will They Would Get What They Want.,

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yea Assange is linked to some guy taking down a few sites and Obama gets him arrested, jailed, and labeled a terrorist.

Mubarrak shuts down an entire countries internet, phone and tv network and Obama is cool with that.

Bejeezus the hypocricy ....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
I think these Protesters would not accomplish anything, one president would go another will come but everything else will remain the same.

Fixed that for you (text in bold; should read "protesters", not "Protestants").

edit on 1.30.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Dan Nolan of Al Jazeera twitters, that they have to leave Suez, because of serious threads.
People are angry with all foreign media.
Don't they understand, that it is a protection to them, when the world can watch, what is going on?

edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: added an n

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Update: Al Jazeera may go on air again, but they may not send live videos from the street.

Jonathan Rugman twitters from Tahrir Square. Military shot in the air when crowd tried to stop a fire engine, but finally the fire engine was drawn back. People cheered and climbed on tanks, carried army captain on the shoulders.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: It's getting confusing. The news above was from Evan Hill:
audioboo.fm...

But now his colleague Dan Nolan twitters, they are packing their things and are kicked out. Agents not only watched their coverage, but also listened to their phone calls.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: Edit to add

Third update: They are online and they show live pics!

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: update

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sultan Al Quassemi from The National reports, that the Minister of the Interior has been arrested, because he allegedly let open all the jails to cause chaos. Allegedly he also authorized snipers to shoot at protestors yesterday.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Siddharta because: ua -> au

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Tweet from Sharif Kouddous:

Tweet: Another 4pm curfew today. Seems more serious. Trying to decide whether to stay or leave.

On Al Jazeera helicopters can be heard circling over Tahrir Square. People report more tanks approaching and military has orders to fire.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Helicopters are still hovering over the crowds whilst low flying jets buzz them people..

Protesters are lying down on the ground and spelling out some words.. not yet known what it says..

Protesters being warned that if they don't leave, things will get much worse.. but nobody is budging.
Defiance seems to be the main rule now. Good for them too..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The situation seems to be better now. Sharif Kouddous, who was not sure if he would stay at all, just twittered:

A soldier was carried on shoulders through the crowd. Loud chants of "mubarak this is your last night"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Troublesome news, they must start feeling desperate if they start taking down the internet.

This government, shall fail, please let them go in good peace, and let a wiser and better one rise, for the egyptian people.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

WE ARE GETTING ANGRY AND ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.
]

Why ... what are you going to do?

Nothing.

I doubt you will leave your monitor in your spate of activism. Do not take this personally. This is a bite against us all. We all here can see that we are people mocked by those in power and we all sit here and take it like a two dollar ho ... unhappy with what we got to do to survive.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seeing this was Erased because of a Moderator took it out because of a Ironical comment! I have Made and The Moderator took this video out also so ill post it again and hopefully it stays within this Thread...

Off Topic I Think Not... (The Global Kill Switch Indeed )

Snake Shutting down the Communication World !
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Just shows how much they distrust the media! Its hard to trust anyone when no one trusts anyone, anywhere, anytime.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join