It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

they do that crap here too (in the usa),
which is why blaming mubarak's regime on all americans really irritates me.
i'm fed up with being held responsible for every stupid thing that happens on this globe!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

NA I ain't talking bout killing people, just detaining them so they don't loot everything on their way out. If they created the mess they would have to stay and help clean it up.

But I am not against papercuts and lemon juice.

edit on 29-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by undo

NA I ain't talking bout killing people, just detaining them so they don't loot everything on their way out. If they created the mess they would have to stay and help clean it up.

But I am not against papercuts and lemon juice.

edit on 29-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

that hasn't been the M.O. (modus operandi) of most reveloutions. usually, the people who have something of value, are robbed and killed. even little people with a couple keepsakes or other thing deemed of having any value whatsoever. angry mobs have the self control and moral fiber of a very hungry alligator.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by vermonster

they do that crap here too (in the usa),
which is why blaming mubarak's regime on all americans really irritates me.
i'm fed up with being held responsible for every stupid thing that happens on this globe!

I'm right there with you on that undo.

who is blaming mubaraks regime on all americans?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have quite a few friends in Cairo, i can get a better story when the net comes back up. I can say that my friends are all younger generation (20ish) and didnt have any antigov ideals before all this.. Most of the issues and previous riots at the start of this where between Muslim and Christians.. That said most of what i see here is a group of people taking another group of peoples pain to use it to hype up a group of preset ideas, conspirecy theorys, mental enemys etc.. With no real thought or care for the Egyptian people and what this fight is for.

Which is sad, it makes those doing it blood merchants of propaganda and no better then the people actually cause all the pain we see.
edit on 29-1-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I guess when they are talking about complicity regarding this, it may have to do with the US government's several billion of dollar in support each year to the Egyptian dictatorship?

Then you have the training to the Egyptian security forces and secret police, and those rendition flights and torture by proxy of prisoners by the Egyptian Gestapo in Egypt on orders from the US for the WarOnTerror etc!

Weapons and surveillance equippment to the security forces and secret police of the Egyptian dictatorship etc etc.

Could maybe be related when they discuss any complicity?

I don't think they are talking about the average American people on the street per se, it's probably more directed towards the geopolitics & agenda of the US Government, and its foreign policy?

edit on 29-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

point of fact is, all govs on the planet HAVE to lie to stay in power. there's not a single honest, righteous gov in the history of the planet. they lie, steal, cheat, stretch the truth, exaggerate, falsely accuse, propagandize, and anything else they feel they need to do to keep the status quo of whatever plan and beliefs they have.

that we go around pointing fingers at each other, when WE have little to no say whatsoever on what goes on at the top, is a sure sign of why these things are allowed to continue. as long as we can be kept busy blaming each other, the real trouble is never identified, and even then, finding it would only replace it with a new group with the same need to lie, cheat, stretch the truth, falsely accuse etc, to stay in power.

that there are still people commenting on ATS that still don't know that, is a complete SHOCK to me!!!!!! read the dang boards, don't just come here to water your favorite team. read the whole dang thing.
edit on 29-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
case in point:

america votes in the first black president, who promises to shut down guantamo (or however you spell it) and bring our troops home, immediately, and do away with homeland security. soon as he gets in office, he does the exact opposite! this is NORMAL. obama is not being a bad president, he's just following the party line. if it were out in the public what length the world's governments go to, to keep the status quo, the whole planet would erupt in murderous riots, and when the dust cleared, we'd go right back to having leaders who CANNOT tell the truth. this is the result of human nature, to want power, including the power of the guy over yonder, who might have the best of intentions but will be forced into lying, in order to protect himself, the gov, and the people he's been elected to protect. it's a real mess. but it's just a fact of life on planet earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Stop the americanism people!!
Can somebody tell me the news?
What did Mubarak say? who's leading the government not?
Whats going on in general?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex

what is americanism? if it's what i think you're saying,
i dare you to prove my points are about america only. i'm saying there are no honest governments on the planet and never has there been one. some have been more people friendly than others, but overall, there's no high road on this topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex

Lol, maracucho...

Mubarak is still leading the gov.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You are correct in that this should not be a discussion regarding religion and after this post I will not bring religion into the fold again unless the word (Muslim Brotherhood it mentioned because by their very name they align themselves with Islam, to what degree is yet to be known). I just happen to be Iranian and American and have lived in Iran and was merely pointing out my concerns over who possible could be behind this uprising (fueling it) and for what overall agenda. If Muslim brotherhood (backed by Islamic extremist states) seek power in the new govt (if this occurs) it would be worse for the people and for tourism than what they have now.

This is just my opinion as one whom have seen first hand Islamic law and how cruel it can be to the honest good hearted people...

thanks for the reply...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I started a post called Boeing? Narus? Telecom Egypt? Who are their customers? The Egyptian people!!

I think the information and argument I am presenting is a bit more tangible for those of you here who are seeking ways to pick apart the system of control being set up around us.

Just say'

Keep up the good work all!
edit on 29-1-2011 by K8sarvesbarkooh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Video with an Egyptian protester in London today,

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-1-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Gunfire is being heard in Cairo streets Mood turns dark as night falls. No police on streets means many nervous.

According to people on the ground in Cairo.

Confirmed news: People in every corner and every area of Cairo at least have made up "Legan Sha'beya" (Public Committees) made up of youth in the area to protect it. They are over running thugs & looters with great success & handing them to Army. It's not perfect but it is going really well.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
700 prisoners escape in Fayoum, Egypt, south of Cairo, kill senior police officer - Reuters

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
the new prime minister is a former air force commander and the new vice-president is the former chief of intelligence. guess Mubarak is trying to ensure that the military won't side with the protesters on this one.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Thanks for your reply and the explanation. I apologize if I seemed overly sensitive, but there appear to be some agitators running around attempting to make this about religion due solely on the name of this organization, including bringing more accusations about the president and his relationship to this organization into it, We don't need to go down that mad road again....it's divisive and detracts from the real issues here....if they want to do that, they can start a thread all about this. Just my opinion. I appreciate your gracious reply as well as your perspective on this.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join