It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Egyptians are not free, nor do they have any desire to be free. Egypt is a Muslim nation. Islam and freedom are not compatible concepts.

I think they are rioting against corruption as opposed to rioting for freedom.

THEY ARE FREE (especially if your rich)
how do you mugs make islam the opposite to freedom....EGYPT IS A MILITARY STATE...THANKS TO ISREAL. THE FREEST MILITARY STATE IN THE WORLD... Hosni Mubarak is a genious

Egypt has the longest history on earth of dirrefent complex groups living in peace, with strong laws to keep ALL sides safe and secure.....FREEDOM TO CAUSE ANARCHY AND TERROR IS A NO NO...this being the former.

BY THE WAY........EGYPT IS A DEMOCRACY FOR OVER 4 YRS NOW WITH ELECTIONS...so y dont these twats vote???
edit on 27-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
isrealiguy.....turkeys airforce.....irans artillery.....egypts ground force.....DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING...HOPE SO!

Dude, WTF are you talking about? Have I even said anything against Mubarak? I respect the man aswell, and hope he will stay in power.

PS - Turkey, Iran, Egypt.. those countries don't even scare me the slightest. Keep on dreaming the Israeli people are somehow scared of a conflict with.. Egypt. Lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There was a news broadcast earlier tonight in my area that "Human rights advocates" were using fb, twitter and the blackberry deally to coordinate protesters changing a few protesters to thousands in minutes, also avoiding police. I can't find that story, but this one is close:

tvnz.co.nz...

This is why they closed access to those sites, to try and control the protests. That and arrests did work in Iran if you remember, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

THEY ARE FREE (especially if your rich)

Damn shame the VAST majority are poor....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I want to say Thailand did the same thing during the last round of protests.

IF the protesters are lucky this will turn out like Thailand, if not its going to be Tiananmen 2.0

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I feel for the Egyptian people....kick the corrupt SOB out.

Millions plan on protesting tomorrow, plan on shutting down the country. I can see this attitude moving to other middle eastern countries. Hope it does - and hope it spreads around the world.

WE ARE TIRED OF THE CORRUPT FAT CATS IN GOVERNMENT, THOSE BANKERS ROBBING US BLIND.

WE ARE GETTING ANGRY AND ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

and ignore the troll posts trying to derail the thread.
edit on 27-1-2011 by MidnightTide because: ignore the trolls

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Amen and stars to you!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

thePharaoh, IsraeliGuy Could you two please cease fire with all the off topic pissing contest?

What's the latest?
Do we have any leaked cell phone videos or images?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Tiny tiny Israel with less advanced weapons and a smaller military took on 2.5 million troops from the Arab world in 1973, who attacked from the north and south on Yom Kippur.

Within a month the Israeli army was within a few miles of Damascus and Cairo.

Only a suicidal force would try to do the same in modern times, due to two factors Israeli nuclear weapons and its alliance with the US. The Samson option alone should keep most forces at bay.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol, true..
Now could you please message me the code for them 2 little fellas please?
Might come in handy..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I feel for the Egyptian people....kick the corrupt SOB out.

Millions plan on protesting tomorrow, plan on shutting down the country. I can see this attitude moving to other middle eastern countries. Hope it does - and hope it spreads around the world.

WE ARE TIRED OF THE CORRUPT FAT CATS IN GOVERNMENT, THOSE BANKERS ROBBING US BLIND.

WE ARE GETTING ANGRY AND ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

and ignore the troll posts trying to derail the thread.
edit on 27-1-2011 by MidnightTide because: ignore the trolls

you are naive.

they will not kick him out...this is organised to put pressure on mubarak for concessions and reform...WEAKENING THE MILITARYS STRENGTH AND HOLD ON EGYPT....the people will lose in many ways after this.

the people living there might hate it...but understand how they are seen by their neighbours... a strong desiplined, open yet secure and stable country with the longest history of peace with diversity ESPECIALLY of religon.

THIS IS DESRESPECTFUL TO A STRONG GOVERNMENT and mubarak..in my eyes he has the right to beat all these ungrateful bums who HE GAVE the strength to speak up ....im so vexed at the embarresment.

FIX UP EGYPTIANS THIS ISNT THE WAY...WE CAN VOTE THERE NOW. ..certain neighbours are very smug right now....with out mubarak and his 30 yrs of knowledge of our army...can only be a loss....

from hilary clintons language (and obama) they are supproting the people and saying "this is the time or change"...begs the question did you help make this time for the change
edit on 27-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

What do you do after that? Line them up and guillotine them?

Before long the little people find themselves as bigger monsters than the ones who were in power. France and Russia ring any bells?

Unless someone has a real plan and understands compromise, it only results in chaos and terror.

The American Revolution is a great example of discipline, organization, and planning. Unless they follow that model, it will only be more of the same or worse. Ask Iran.
edit on 27/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: n

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that the muslim brotherhood is one of the groups protesting against the gov't. The want less freedoms and a sharia state.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thats right no one cares.

This is realpolitik, not some idealized nonsense that only exists in the fantasies of demogogues and utopianists.

The world isn't fair. It never will be.
edit on 27/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: i

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Found some video of the protests.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join