It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SamusAran

Edgar Cayce and Bab Vanka?

I don't find them remotley credible. I will stick with history to divine the future. Humans are still humans regardless of the year and history repeats itself without fail. Its a far more credible tool to forsee the future.

These revolutionary waves, historically spur growth and progress. Europe went through this long ago. Now it looks like the Middle East could be on the verge of the same.

Now if a demogogue rises amidst the chaos spewing hate and fear, then we can start talking about regional war.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The tanks and APC the military is using to protect the people are also American made.

There is no black and white.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Edgar Cayce and Bab Vanka?

I don't find them remotley credible. I will stick with history to divine the future. Humans are still humans regardless of the year and history repeats itself without fail. Its a far more credible tool to forsee the future.

These revolutionary waves, historically spur growth and progress. Europe went through this long ago. Now it looks like the Middle East could be on the verge of the same.

Now if a demogogue rises amidst the chaos spewing hate and fear, then we can start talking about regional war.

Oooh... Someone's edumacated

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Hasn't shutting down telecom been a standard practice in the world lately when things go awry? Lebanon, Israel, Georgia...I'm sure there are more. Probably number 1 on the government to-do list when war or unrest break out...flip kill switch.

You're misinformed...Israel never has done that and Georgia had their internet hacked by Russia through DNS. You really just assume too much but I guess that is the common attitude on this site. Assume now and maybe the facts will show it later.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Comes with the job.

Hail COBRA!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is interesting: al Jazeera just said that by turning off the internet the government gave the Egyptian people nothing else to do but take to the streets. That it backfired on the government. There's probably a lot of validity in this statement.

reply to post by Wrong

Perhaps. That was from memory, but I'm pretty sure I need to change it to "they learned from Lebanon and blocked it during the flotilla incident." Anything I read about that would have been here. In addition, I later in this thread clarified that statement.

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So it's nice and all that this timethe military sided with the protesters. But what happens when the military sides with the corrupt politicians & police?

What then?

Is there ever a point where the citizens should take up arms and fight to get their country and freedom back?

Or is the "right thing to do" to offer your body as a sacrifice and be shot dead by an authoritarian government?

My point is: don't think for a minute that this is the way it goes down everytime. Don't fall under the delusion that if you are peaceful that your government will have pity on you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This is interesting: al Jazeera just said that by turning off the internet the government gave the Egyptian people nothing else to do but take to the streets. That it backfired on the government. There's probably a lot of validity in this statement.

I'm pretty sure that if the U.S. Government turned off "American Idol", that the Americans would take to the streets.

No, the U.S. Government knows that the best way to keep a citizenry complacent and quiet is to keep feeding them ENDLESS entertainment.

And junk food.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Comes with the job.

Hail COBRA!

Higher education always helps, But in situations where the poop hits the fan, The only thing that will save you is primitive thinking and primal instincts.
edit on 1/28/2011 by SamusAran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What I am interested in is who really stands to gain from all this...Was the event in Tunisia really a catalyst for what is happening in Egypt and merely a sign of the "domino effect" that is yet to happen globally or more likely, manufactured by those that stand to gain from such an uprising?

Mr Mubarak has always been seen as a western puppet and Israeli sympathiser by those in the middle east (especially so with the problems in Palestine)...

You would think that if he had the support that the likes of Sky News keep going on about then his western masters would have propped him up and tried to support him.

But this makes you wonder if one (or more) of the following is true:

1. This is a genuine, and unexpected mass uprising
2. This uprising is being manipulated by the US and other western powers to fracture the current Egyptian political and social structure
3. As above but for more simple reasons by supporting both sides of the fence (both official and rebel resistance groups)
4. This is a joint effort by Mr Mubaraks opposition, who with the support of the western powers are planning to put Mr elBaradei or someone similar into power

Either way it's interesting how quickly the people took the opportunity to stand up and be counted...I think deep down everyone around the world is feeling the urge to speak their voice or stand behind an opinion, or an idea (even in more 'civilised and developed' countries).

What is not surprising is how quickly the various media outlets have got a cache of experts and speakers appearing on the subject giving their views of "what is really going on" making one wonder if this wasn't just another well engineered regime change?

edit on 28-1-2011 by old_god because: typoo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
so the cabinet and the entire government has just been sacked by their own awesome president, and he's announced that he's gonna assign a new government tomorrow. and this country calls itself democratic.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Sad, but probably true. Then again, Americans have been known to get their act together when they really need to too
I still have faith.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Taking up arms should always be an absolute last resort, when all other options have failed and been exhausted.

Ghandhi and MLK would say there is never a time though.

Mandela tried both ways and was only successful through peace.

The collapse of the Soviet Union and communism in Eastern Europe was through peace.

So peaceful methods can work even in horrible scenarios.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I'm pretty sure that if the U.S. Government turned off "American Idol", that the Americans would take to the streets.

No, the U.S. Government knows that the best way to keep a citizenry complacent and quiet is to keep feeding them ENDLESS entertainment.

And junk food.

You do realize that less than 30 million watch 'American Idol' a week, right? Save your typical ATS stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Couldn't agree more.

DimensionalDetective has a pretty good post on this very thing in his thread today www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe it's near the end of the topic (page 4 or 5).

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redhead6971
reply to post by Triztheone

No, he is just trying to buy some time, but, times up. I hear there is also unrest in Yemen, Lebanon and possibly Jordan as well. Ahmadinejad must be grinning from ear to ear and our Madam Secretary of State on TV today looked like she had just had an accident. I think the U.S. may lose 50% of the influence in the middle east in the next 72 hours. This could be it folks. Israel stands alone.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Redhead6971 because: mispelling

Yes... I believe I heard that there were something in Albania or something aswell... Tens of thousands I believe.
edit on 28/1/2011 by Triztheone because: ..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Its a possiblity! Egyptian generals at the pentagon for 4 days watching the 'experiment' unfold? Send them home to take control, come to the rescue using the Egyptian military built up and trained by 'contractors' from the US? Very interesting! Listening to MSN, especially FOX, the rhetoric to go to war, is very apparent! The US economy is in the dumps, so is this going to be the source of job creation, as it was in WW1, WW2, and other 'conflicts' initiated over the last 50 plus years? This situation is very dangerous for everyone, not just those living in the Middle East, given the high technologies to make war in the hands of many nations that can strike anywhere on the globe! Hope this doesn't occur, but it doesn't look good.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I do not know, but ever since 9/11 my heart has been with a Middle Eastern Renaissance.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Blackberry and cell service returns to Egypt

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join